Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Can I ask what happened to Apollo that made him changed?

That was my speculation. But alot of stuff did happen throughout time that probably could make a god like Apollo pretty jaded to the human events such as the Black Plague.

considering that Apollo is the god of plagues…more like he had a field day.

8 Likes

Honestly it wouldn’t even surprise me lol

There’s something darkly funny about the God of medicine also being the God of plagues.

I wonder if he’ll end up starting a plague on the townspeople during the Salem Witch flashback if he learned that they were the cause of the Bearer’s death (and he had a close bond with the Bearer) or if he’ll go for some more automatic divine retaliation.

People who have immortality often aren’t unaffected by living those centuries and watching those around them leave their lives after a while. It has the potential of wearing a person down and it’s not uncommon to see a person with immortality become more disconnected with those around them for one reason or another (which may be what happened to the Twelve). In a way, the Bearer living a short life and then starting new one as blank as untouched snow is something of a blessing in disguise; they can start each life fresh and aren’t completely weighed down by their past and their powers.

Funny to see all the different words everyone has for describing Sage’s possible future relationship with the Bearer. :laughing:

But out of all the ROs, Avery and Sage do currently come off as the most unpredictable ROs the Bearer can develop a bond with. All the ROs themselves having varying levels of unpredictability to them, but those two feel much more harder to grasp (for me) because it’s just a bit harder to figure them out. With Avery, she’s the RO whose had the least amount of interactions in the past demos with the Bearer and the things that have currently been revealed about her bring up even more questions than before (she’s certainly living up to that secretive trait of hers), With Sage, she’s this odd blend of emotionally honest but unpredictable in regards to how she’ll react. On one hand, as harsh and aggressive as Sage is, she is one of the few that doesn’t hide what she’s feeling; whether she’s curious about them or hates them, it currently feels easy to tell. But it feels like being friendly with her in general will provoke some interesting responses and while we now get a small taste of Sage’s better side, it’s still a bit hard to visually picture what a good bond with Sage is going to look like.

7 Likes

I wonder how Santiago would react when he finds out that his dad used to bang the bearer in their past life…

Probably like this
Bildresultat för scarred for life gif
Or maybe he wouldn’t even care, classic Santi.

6 Likes

That’s something I’ve been wondering about: how Santi would react if he learns that his father had a romantic relationship with one of the Bearer’s past life while Santiago himself has growing feelings for the current Bearer. Maybe it might not effect him so much if he considers the Bearer and the past life Bearer being two different people, but he might be more reactive if Apollo himself develops a more focused interest on the Bearer once the God of the Sun learns about their connection to that person he once knew (it was mentioned that the more Santiago likes the Bearer, the worse he gets at hiding the fact he likes them). Of course, this thought in general bring up the question of whether the ROs will be effected in some way if they learn about the Bearer’s past bonds and which ROs would be the type to feel a little bothered/insecure about the knowledge that the Bearer has been loved by many people before (possibly including heroes and maybe even some of the Gods/Godesses themselves).

Though as bad as this is going to sound, whenever I mention ROs, the fact that Apollo is now a romance for the current Bearer (and not just their past life) tends to slip my mind half the time :sweat_smile:. He still feels like oddest possible available RO for the current Bearer to start a relationship with, considering the current Bearer’s connection with the Twelve is right now (I do have confidence in @Rohie’s writing; it just feels like Apollo as a romantic option currently sticks out a great deal and not exactly in a good way to me, though I’m not completely sure why).

6 Likes

Wonder what Hermes will think of the Bearer dating his daughter?

1 Like

Another good question. It was stated that a good number of the RO’s Godly Parent see their child developing a really close relationship as a opportunity, but we don’t know what kind of opportunities those parents are looking to use. Hermes may be willing to take advantage of the fact Sage is dating the Bearer or he may have a few misgivings about it depending on a few factors (one of them being whether the Bearer had killed or spared Saxon); all we can really do is guess right now.

That said, here’s two things that we can all think about:

1. Despite the fact Hermes was one of Gods who stood with Hades in support of having the Bearer be a Hero Candidate, he’s actually greatly suspicious that the Bearer may be the cause of Saxon’s death. He outright says ‘what kind of father would I be if I allowed my son’s killer’s to walk free’. So he certainly seems to intend on having the Bearer face justice and may be going by the saying ‘keep your friends close and your enemies closer’, choosing to side with the Bearer to keep as close a eye on them as possible to see for himself what kind of person the Bearer is and if there may be some indication that they’re connected to Saxon in some way.

2. When Sage was considering going home to take care of her mother after what happened to her brother, Hermes actually convinced her to put her skills to use in order to track down her brother’s killer. Not sure how close these two are, but they might be on the same page in regards to having Saxon’s killer face the music

5 Likes

Right, so I don’t remember reading this! Was this part of the game or did Rohie/Gia reveal this somewhere?

I’m wondering what will happen when Sage finds out that the Bearer did not do what she accused them of?

2 Likes

I’m curious to see what she’ll do when she finds out that we did do it.

7 Likes

True. Good thing my female bearer who killed him is a fast runner!

Oh believe me, Sage is faster.

4 Likes

It was mentioned a bit on the CotG’s tumblr from a particular ask. Here’s the bit that says it.

Sage considered going back home to take care of her mom after Saxons Death, But Hermes encouraged her to put her skills to use and track down the killer.

The question itself was about what the other side of the RO’s families are like and if the Bearer will get a chance to meet them. Apparently yes: there’s a strong chance that the RO’s will eventually introduce a Bearer that they’re in a relationship with to their human family. Here’s the full answer about the RO’s family.

Calypso has two twin younger brothers; Elias and Mohammed, and her mother. They live on this beautiful rolling hill in Eritrea, in a big blue house with a wrap around porch and a giant Redwood tree. When the chance arises to go into Saint’s room (and it will) you’ll have a chance to look at a large wall of pictures, and many of them are of Calypso back home and candids of her family.

Adonis has a younger sister and a mother back in Paris. They live in a loft above a café owned by his mother, and his sister goes to a private school a few miles away; Aphrodite still visits Adonis’s mother from time to time.

Santiago has a younger sister and a mother as well. He’s extremely close to his mother; she’s his inspiration and he honestly believes her to be he strongest person he’s ever met. They live in New York, Upper East Side (due to Apollo), but he was originally born in South America. His little sister is the sweetest, most adorable 8-year old; she’s also incredibly smart and looks up to Santi. Bad combination, imo.

You all know the deal with Sage; her mother and a dead twin brother. Her mother is in Ireland right now, in a small town by the coast. Sage considered going back home to take care of her mom after Saxons Death, But Hermes encouraged her to put her skills to use and track down the killer.

Aeson’s family background is a spoiler, sorry!

Avery! Her mother was one of the best Healers to ever reside in Olympus, until she retired. She has a half brother the exact same age as the Bearer (hm.)
And yes; whoever you romance will introduce you to their family–it’s inevitable.

Though I wonder if the family members are coming to visit the ROs (meaning that the Bearer will be meeting them on Olympus) or if the ROs are the ones doing the visiting (meaning the Bearer would be accompanying them and getting a chance to see where their boyfriend/girlfriend grew up and having a rare moment away from Olympus). :thinking:

I giggled more than I should’ve; I keep hearing those words get stated with the most deadpan expression and the driest sarcasm. :laughing:

But yeah guys, Sage is a daughter of HERMES. Even if you were a Track star at you old school, you are not out-running her. She WILL catch you. :sweat_smile:

Though I can’t see Damon even attempting any form of escape once the knowledge of his encounter with Saxon comes to light: he’s going to face Sage head on in that matter, because he’s not the type to run away from his actions and he’d feel like he owes it to Sage to look her straight in the eyes to tell her his side of the story (even if Sage won’t listen to it and he does very much intend on defending himself due to the fact there was something clearly wrong with those Seekers that attacked him). Though originally, I did have Damon kill the Seeker partially because I kept imagining that as a child of Hades, he had a particular sensitivity toward people’s life energies and something about Saxon’s felt really off to him.

Your guess is as good as mine. But it might still be a little difficult for her to bond with them fully; Sage has nurtured a strong hatred toward the Bearer for a good number of years. Even if a Bearer was telling the truth about not killing Saxon and something in their trial proves their innocence, it doesn’t mean Sage will be able to let go of all her animosity toward them right off the bat. It’s likely still going to take her some time to come around to being on friendly terms with Bearer (though sparing Saxon might make it a bit easier for the bonding to take place).

5 Likes

Basically one of the reasons why Sage completely turns me off romantically. I mean, my MC did straight up kill her brother but let’s be fair here. Dude was possessed and it was a “kill or be killed” situation even if we didn’t know dude was gonna kill himself by throwing himself off of a building. I also find Hermes to be total dickhead that needs to shut his mouth at the appropriate time but then again, no one has it worse than Ares since my MC would love to straight up kill him as well. Maybe during the war, I may “accidentally” discharge my power that ends up killing Ares and I take his place as the new God of War…
narrows eyes No one would have a chance against me…

4 Likes

Some would say she’s almost as fast as the speed of light, wink, wink.

It’s a fine line between overpowered and underpowered. The Demigods can’t be more powerful than the MC in relativity; that means I’d either have to make the Essence’s powers far more omnipotent, or I’d have to weaken the potency of the Demigods powers. Then, on the other hand, if they’re too weak, the MC seems far too overpowered in comparison before they even receive the full Essence, and that leaves you wondering…what’s so special about Demigods?

Sage has the gift of Speed, but how fast is she? Would the MC be able to compare once given the full power of the Essence? If so, doesn’t she become irrelevant?

The same goes for the others.

#Adonis Amour
		Full name: Adonis Amour
		Birthplace/D.O.B: Paris, France. July 1st, 1999.
		Lineage: Yi Seo Yoon and Aphrodite (Mortal identity: Iris Amour).
		Source powers: Ability to freely transform physical self, siren song, cultural and lingual knowledge.
		Trained skill: Efficiency with daggers, acrobat.
		Weakness(es): Low strength, secretive, indecisive.
	#Saint Augustine
		Full name: Saint Augustine
		Birthplace/D.O.B: Mount Olympus. June 20th, 1999.
		Lineage: Priscilla Angelis (The Great Prophet) and Zeus.
		Source powers: Heightened awreness, enhanced strength, ability to conjure electro magnetic waves. 
		Trained skill: Efficiency with swords and dagger.
		Weakness(es): Low motivation, reckless tendencies, gluttony.
	#Sage S. Cosse
		Full name: Sage Saoirse Cosse.
		Birthplace/D.O.B: Dublin, Ireland. March 21st, 1999.
		Lineage: Saoirse Gallagher and Hermes (Braden Cosse).
		Source powers: Exceptional speed and agility, heightened perception.
		Trained skill: Duel weilding daggers, crossbow.
		Weakness(es): Quick tempered, lack of trust, stubborn.
	#Calypso D. Iman
		Full name: Calypso Dion Iman
		Birthplace/D.O.B: Dire Dawa, Ethiopia. April 9th, 1999.
		Lineage: Eden Tani and Ares (Mortal identity: Elias Iman)
		Source powers: Enhanced strength, physical prowess, tactical perception.
		Trained skill: Long bow and arrow, wide sword, martial arts, military prowess.
		Weakness(es): Stubborn, shortsighted, prideful.
	#Avery S. Monroe
		Full name: Avery Sutton Monroe.
		Birthplace/D.O.B: West Virginia, United States. November 2nd, 1997.
		Lineage: Cadence Foster (Magai, previously employed as a Healer) and Richard Monroe.
		Powers: Necromancy, witchcraft, healing, mental imagery.
		Trained skill: Applied medical knowledge, some combative experience, (Magic?).
		Weakness(es): Selfish, secretive, vindictive.
	#Aeson Thantos
		Full name: Aeson Thantos.
		Birthplace/D.O.B: Olympus. June 20th, 1999.
		Lineage: Penelope Savvas and Hades (Mortal identity: Damaris Thantos)
		Source powers: Abiltiy to manipulate shadows, the Essence, ability to see and communicate to spirits.
		Trained skill: Duel weilding long swords, limited necromancy.
		Weakness(es): T.B.D.
	#Santiago C. de Vera
		Full name: Santiago Caesar/Carlisle de Vera
		Birthplace/D.O.B: October 23rd, 1999
		Lineage: Mary Rosario and Apollo (Mortal identity: Demetri de Vera)
		Source powers: Limited prophecy, healing, ability to manipulate light.
		Trained skill: Archery, daggers, light scorch.
		Weakness(es): Selfish, manipulative, lack of loyalty.

They all have different source powers, and managing their capacities will be fun to do!

31 Likes

I just love how you made this Aeson’s last name lol basically the name of the Greek’s personification of death and the reason why Marvel’s Thanos has the name. Plus it sounds pretty sweet

6 Likes

That’s a handy summary! Now I know how to kill everyone.

Except Aeson. Figures my fellow cosmic entity got all the good powers and none of the weaknesses. :confused:

Incidentally, I notice that all of them seem to correspond to one of the Deadly Sins. John Doe from Se7en would squee so hard.

3 Likes

If we’re being honest though, even with her speed and heightened perception, it looks like Sage could kind of leave herself very vulnerable to a counter due to her even quicker temper. I can see a particularly calm, observant Bearer eventually being about able to catch on to this very quickly and finding a way to one up her in another confrontation if they are already prepared for another sudden attack (even if they’re not as fast as her).

6 Likes