Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Hades is not a father option anymore. Right now it’s Posideon and Zeus but later, only Zeus will be the father to the MC. Sorry :frowning:

1 Like

Zike. The only option is zeus, Hades and POSEIDON are not fathers anymore.

2 Likes

Oh ok :smirk:
Thank you so much for letting me know
Either way the story its amazing! :heart_eyes:

Honestly, as a hellenic polytheist and a mythology lover, this game pretty much caught my interest for a while, although I never joined in on the conversation until now lol

Anyway…hello? Uuuh, I guess a way I could start off officially joining in on here is to say that I love every single one of your Bearers and I would do anything for them. And Aeson too. And Calypso. A lot of characters, actually.

9 Likes

Ta ta ta TATAN! Homerun

7 Likes

@SereneBird

Welcome to the Children of the Gods forum! Where we look relatively tame on the surface, but that hasn’t stopped us from going into the most oddest direction in our crack theories and wondering why our Godly parent gave us things of seemingly questionable nature. :grin:

I’m going to be perfectly honest, this line made me half tempted to draw some of my Bearers looking at you curiously with a few flat out wondering if you were hitting on them. :laughing: (Not that Damon would be opposed to a little flirting).

Careful with that combination; you’re getting dangerously close to one of the game’s possible love triangles (and probably one of the most awkward ones to get stuck between, in my personal opinion). :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome to the board! And my Bearer is happy for the love. Likewise, he’s very protective of the other demigods (mostly), but his heart belongs to Avery. Oh, and I have to second the whole crack theory thing; we sort of thrive on speculation.

1 Like

If you have q’s you can ask any of us here about the early versions of the game (the rewrite is really extensive) to clue you in more about dynamics and why there was a mourning period for Hades and Poseidon :))

On Sophia: if anyone has watched Baccano or BNHA/MHA she is a bit like Jaccuzzi or Deku come to think of it

(Will absolutely do the thing but tears may or may not be involved and gets on with determination and tends to think her way out without losing that empathy)

She’s a Hufflepuff. God. Why haven’t I made note of that

1 Like

I wish you a great deal of luck with that one. According to @Rohie, Avery is even more in denial than Santi (a guy who would apparently prefer to fight a army of demons before EVER admitting he has feelings for the Bearer) in regards to having feelings for the Bearer partially due to their age difference and partially due to her personal demons.

@squarelyblue

Sophia sounds like the kind of person Damon would just casually princess carry and walk off with while just saying ‘I’m keeping her’ and having every intention of adopting her (he’d probably do the same thing to @rose-court’s Helena too). :rofl:

3 Likes

My MC would scoff at the idea of someone willing to do something for him lol but welcome to the thread!

And she’d probably let him carry her too!

Maybe.

Possibly.

It depends on whether or not Aeson is around, tbh.

Of my three Bearers, Helena would straight up quote @Fay

And she’d probably say this out loud too! Poor Aeson and Calypso, Helena barrels right through things like “subtlety.”

2 Likes

Good luck with that :)) she probs won’t let you near her unless she knows you won’t hurt her. Being on the run for years makes for trust issues

She’s not a fan of using force but if she has to she will. Though come to think of it, if I had to pick a fighting style for her, she probably just deflects and runs if possible. Subdue but never kill/uses the opposing force against the attacker

(There’s a reason why she chooses a barrier spell during the confrontation)

(Her goal is to protect herself not harm the other)

(I should also note that Aang fron ATLA is another inspiration point)

1 Like

I like how Sophia is like a more level headed version of both my female Bearers, er, as level headed as you can be given the circumstances.

Like Sophia, Vesper definitely doesn’t let people near her unless she knows them, BUT, while she never wants to kill anyone, Vess won’t disregard it as an option if necessary.

Vice versa, if we had the option to have the MC rush Saint into a hug in their first meeting then Helena would be all over that option despite not knowing him, but refuses to even consider killing anyone and exclusively uses nonlethal tactics.

tbh It seems like Sophia and Helena should start a support group for people who desperately want families due to severe abandonment issues.
gasp Saint could be the third person to join!

3 Likes

Great idea! Then my girl Veronica could probably join too. She’d probably just walk in wearing sunglasses and holding a bottle of beer that she never even drinks out of. “Hey I’m here, I’ve got issues, and I’m ready to party.”

3 Likes

True. Though, I’m sure my Bearer has gone through enough weirdness in his Three Years that he’d be more than willing to compare scars to pass the time. And, as far as age is concerned, just having a willing ear to listen to him would be enough. Besides, he can wait until he’s legal.

1 Like

“And I definitely don’t illegally drink while underage!”

The More You Know theme plays

2 Likes

Don’t worry, Ronnie abstains from drinking. :wink:
She probably tries a little too hard to come off as cool lol. She’ll carry around a beer bottle just to give off a certain vibe but the moment someone dares her to actually drink out of it she’ll just go “You’re asking me?? An actual nine year old??”

3 Likes

Tbh. I have a headcanon scene in mind where Sophs pretty much escapes her room to find Saint to talk about that :)) she so desperately wants to believe him

They end up hugging it out and Sophia realizes how much she misses this and is internally swearing up and down how she plans on making good on lost time

(She is a cuddle bug as an fyi, evident in the knee jerk reaction to hug Uncle Hades when they first meet again)

As for drinking. Sophs wouldn’t even consider it :)) there is a very present cloud of “Aunt Alice would disapprove and I cannot do that to her”

2 Likes

Helena:
Alcohol? B-B-But that is i l l e g a l !”
[hyperventilates]

Vesper:
“I don’t hate my life enough to drink Bud Light.”
[sips vodka]

Alexander:
“Nah thanks, I got my own.”
[pulls out a flask and chugs]

My uh…my kids have issues.

7 Likes

Well, Damon would being doing this strictly for platonic reasons; he’d see Helena more along the lines of a little sister and want to protect her while also helping her be more aware. Heck, he’d even try to teach her how to flirt with Aeson, though he’ll definitely be doing everything in his power to hold back a laugh whenever he sees Aeson being too oblivious and Helena being too forward.

And he’d mostly be doing this to keep her as far away from Zeus as possible.

Where Evander can’t trust Zeus due to being too intuitive, Damon won’t trust the King of the Gods due to being too experienced; he’s seen men like Zeus and knows how unhealthy it is for someone to be in any type of relationship with them. So Damon would be highly concerned about leaving someone like Helena around Zeus and would do what he could to make sure she wasn’t spending too much time with him. He knows how it feels to desire a family, but he’s too grounded to ever delude himself with the idea ZEUS would ever be capable of offering that and he would never forgive himself if he left someone as innocent as Helena to be manipulated by the man.

If it’s any consolation, Damon would quickly tone it down if he saw that his teasing was making her more tense rather than relaxing her (he knows he can look intimidating to people; he’s abnormally taller with a heavy build and tends to be beast-like in a number of ways). The moment he sees her tense up from His possible intentions, he’d put himself at a respectful distance and talk softly to her for a while, letting her set the pace so that he doesn’t overwhelm her. And once a bond of trust gets established, MAYBE go back to being a little playful and teasing (if she was comfortable with it).

Damon would see Sophia along the lines of a little sister as well, but his main priority would be helping her to relax and smile.

Hasn’t stopped Damon from drinking in the past while he was on the run from the Seekers (something I’m sure Athena would be highly displeased to learn about). As far as he’s concerned, he’s already considered legal drinking age in other countries. :sweat_smile:

Guess Damon can be the chaperone/bouncer of the support group.

3 Likes