Looking for Beta Readers--read most recent post! (WIP) Interstellar Airgap -- Steal the most secure data in the Universe!

Chapter 7 is live! It’s quite short on a number of paths so here’s a hint to get the full experience

If your character is attracted to women, let the Captain in on the plan in chapter 6, and choose to bring her along, you’ll see a romance path open

Also, as soon as i figure out how in the world i messed up something i’m trying to bugfix RIGHT NOW there will be a Danny romance path patched in.

This is effectively the end of Act I of the book, hope everyone’s enjoying it so far, we’re about 1/3 of the way through (and then a massive rewrite, lol). As always, feedback, bugs, if you just want to yell at somebody, it’s all welcome. Happy Friday, folks. Hoping to have Chapter 8 (The beginning of Act II !) live Tuesday or Wednesday night. The fifth major character (and final RO!) is there and they can’t wait to meet you! From this point the game will ideally be less kinetic and more branching as decisions made earlier finally start to have consequences, but part of that will certainly be pending the stats overhaul that comes with the rewrite. Thank you!

3 Likes

Oi @SpokesWriter

grown…?

And shouldn’t you add Kelly/Danny/Duke’s name to the companion if you left Janelle on Earth or at the asteroid hanger?!?

Can you confirm if you had a saved game when you encountered this? It should be fixed on new playthroughs.

Yeah, the companion logic is kind of screwy. It’s on the trello board to fix, lol. Maybe next chapter push?

Thanks as always for the feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oi @SpokesWriter, I’ve got a weirdest doubt, MC gonna use any/all their companions?!?
I mean (in a specific route) MC brought in Janelle to the plan (lol again I got this doubt cause of this) and then brought in Duke and left Janelle on earth and then brought in Kelly and left Duke on that hanger (specifically with Danny?)…:thinking::roll_eyes::smirk_cat:
Get what I mean?!?

I’m not sure I understand what you’re asking

Oi @SpokesWriter, This is a specific route I’m gonna give…
MC teamed up with Janelle and left her on Earth before getting into the ship and teamef up with Duke then left Duke at the hanger on that asteroid to team up with Kelly (or Danny? I didn’t bothered to try that route at all lol for my bloodlust MC a peace loving hippie is of no us :yum::roll_eyes::smiling_imp:)…So (at least from what we got so far) this had me feeling if MC gonna betray any/all of their companions in any (all) specific routes…!

Oh, i understand. Not “betray”, specifically, but you can certainly switch between them as new characters are introduced, up to a point. The character you’re with through Act III – Chapters 12-16 or so-- will determine the end state. There’s two end states outlined for each potential companion, one romantic and one not. (Well, there’s no romance path for the sixth character. You’ll see why!)

Also, I expect to have chapter 8 up tomorrow night! The potential for some real icky violence and our fifth major character. Hell yeah!

1 Like

Then what 'bout the characters MC leaves behind?!?

They expire in the cold vacuum of space, duh.

(no, not really–some will pop up later again in the story. and they might not be thrilled!)

3 Likes

Writing’s rushed and the style is repetitive
Characters kinda uninteresting
There is nothing new or innovative with the plot so far.

I’ll wait this out untill it’s completely finished

Hey, thanks for the feedback. Sorry that bizarre forced-sexual-assault WIP with the racist jokes you love shut down and you had to come slum it in my thread, but i don’t think this is going to be up your alley no matter how long you wait–i wouldn’t waste your time coming back.

15 Likes

Holy Devils :joy_cat::smile_cat::smirk_cat: this is the best polite and yet snarky justifying comment…

6 Likes

Chapter 8 is live, and our fifth major character can’t wait to meet you! They’re also the last RO. If nobody in the story so far works as an RO for your read-through, please let me know what you’re looking for (via PM/email if you like). I really do want there to be somebody for every character.

I said it was going to be up Tuesday, but… it’s up now! better late than never.

• Part of the delay was fixing something behind the scenes that should hopefully make stats better when I finally get to full implementation.
  • Part of the delay was getting hooked on RacetraCS: Car Racing Game, which I can’t recommend enough if you’re looking for a unique take on ChoiceScript.
  • Part of it was me being lazy! Honesty is the best policy.

Anyhow, I hopefully should have the next chapter up… Wednesday? Let me know what you think of this one.

6 Likes

Most times progress isn’t made by early risers. It’s made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.

:joy_cat::smile_cat::roll_eyes: we’re a new and improved special species…

Which one exactly?!? :joy_cat::smile_cat::smirk_cat: (lol get it?)

With that lazy word and that Wednesday without a date means it means Wednesday
(forever :joy_cat::smirk_cat::kissing_cat: any coming Wednesday)

2 Likes

That’s true! lol

I meant this wednesday, three days ago. Oops!

1 Like

Chapter 9 is live! Another 5000+ words, though with so much branching/different companions you’re only likely to see ~1500 in a playthrough for this chapter. Hope you like it and that i didn’t break anything. If you liked it (or didn’t!), let me know. We’re past the halfway point of the rough draft so if there’s anything in here that you ABSOLUTELY NEED to keep reading, feel free to post or email about it!

Stats are still a work in progress (you can see this in some choices that require “x” of a stat), but if you want to harass me about them that’s okay. I’ll do them, i promise, i just want to write instead lol

7 Likes

More like irritate maybe?!? Or lol nag like a crazy spouse with trust issues and a control freak…
:joy_cat::smile_cat::smirk_cat:

You say potato, I say potato.

3 Likes

Oi @SpokesWriter

I definitely didn’t brought Professor Alex into the plan (I mean I didn’t took that choice at all, I chose to leave the hall) and yet MC says that they told the professor and tgs prof. wants to help?!?

And in chapters before this when bringing Janelle or one of the others with you, Janelle’s choices are greyed out and I brought Janelle in that ship (and not Duke) but there’s only Kelly choices available…

1 Like