Changing "next" to something else when using *goto

Title is pretty self explanatory. I’m pretty new to coding and choice script as a whole. I’ve tried using *page_break which I know I can change the text of. But it’s a converging choices that all end up going to the same page, so when I use *page_break it just goes to the text of a different choice. This is what I’ve tried, but couldn’t get to work.

*label init_yes
You truly do love your betrothed, don't you? It's such a wondrous thing to see in this day and age.
*goto leavinghome It is, isn't it?

*label init_maybe
Well, beggars can't be choosers. At least you're making the best of a bad situation. I'm sure your betrothed appreciates it.
*goto leavinghome I suppose so.

*label *init_no
You might be making things more difficult than they should be, but it's understandable, I suppose.
*goto leavinghome It should be.

If there’s no way I can change the text when using *goto then it’s no biggie, just want to know if there’s a way I can.

Unfortunately, yes, there’s no way to change the “Next” on *choice without altering the .js files.

2 Likes

Aight, thanks homie

As Szaal said, you can’t change the next button on *choice.

But assuming I understood what you are trying to do,

Cant you just do something like this:

*fake_choice
	#Yes.
		*goto yes
	#No.
		*goto no
	#Maybe.
		*goto maybe
*label yes
You truly do love your betrothed, don't you? It's such a wondrous thing to see in this day and age.
*page_break It is, isn't it?
*goto leavehome

*label no
*page_break I suppose so.
*goto leavehome

*label maybe
*page_break It should be.
*goto leavehome

*label leavehome
You left the home :O
1 Like

Yeah, this is what I would have suggested too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.