Caught in a Reverie (Halloween Edition is finally up)

I enjoyed the extra scenes too. I guess it depends on what you want to do with them, though; if they’d take up a lot of time without adding anything, then it might make sense to scale them back, but I don’t recall them being too obtrusive. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes
Typos and stuff

Performing arts and art alike, I always seem to have a neck for that.

knack

Now that I had a better look, her lavender hair didn’t seemed to look as bold or outrageous as it did a few seconds ago.

seem

“You aren’t very bright aren’t you?”

are

While I did believed what she said was true, my mind couldn’t help but drift into it’s own trance of thoughts.

believe ; you shouldn’t use past tense after did

Certainly wasn’t just a window… it sounded as if a whole building had came crashing down and the thousand of glass broke simultaneously.

remove ‘the’

thousands

glasses

I couldn’t help but stumbled on my own feet.

stumble

Her grip seem to have stopped my fall. She’s surprisingly capable.

seems

Her pure pastel hair tainted with tinged of maroon from the now crimson ambiance.

a tinge

The impossible have just happened right in-front of my own eyes. It’s all so… surreal

has

Even from far, I caught a whiff of it horrendous stench and its odor was enough to make me nauseous

it’s

It seems to had left trails of sludge whenever it moved.

have

Mucus coated the red ground as it made it way to us.

it’s

The adrenalin flew over my veins like a carp through the river, but I couldn’t move a single muscle, not even to scream.

adrenaline

She didn’t seemed to be talking to me. So WHO was she talking to?

seem

The texture of its skin were oozing with slime, its “face” was twisted into something I wouldn’t recognize, the only feature I seemed to be able to make out is it’s mouth.

was

was

“Great to officially meet you.” Her smile will huge, like a girl who just got a new doll, or a kid in a candy store.

was

I tried to paced back, I remembered arriving at the train station, I remembered that bright lavender hair, and it hit me, I remembered the monsters, the hideous monsters that was haunting my dreams.

pace

Oh, her. I didn’t realized I didn’t even know her name till now.

realize

She giggled, it didn’t sound like an apologize, not at all.

apology

She said Reverie, what did she meant by that? A sharp pain jolted my head, I remember seeing a giant man, I rememebered passing out on the crimson floor.

mean

remembered

His eyes were full of curiosity, her hair was tied to the side, she had a big smile.

Coding error should be ‘her’

For years, I’ve been looking for my life purpose’s since my baby feet stepped foot in the world.

life’s purpose

These practices weren’t just to prepare for common school plays, they were professional training for the performing arts.

for performing the arts
Or
Remove ‘the’ altogether

High expectations? What did she meant by that? Tsubasa and I were entrusted to scout the upper sections of the mall.

mean

Direct them out of the portal will be our priority, defeating the Whims and closing the Somnium, secondary."

Directing

We all nodded, agreed with Tsubasa’s orders. Looking over to Sibyl, she was carrying a weird contraption on her tiny back.

nodded in agreement ( would be better fitting)

“You see, I figured out why the communication devices I made was not working.” She explained further

were

I caught Tsubasa looking at some dresses that was on display, so she’s a normal girl after all.

were

Also can I offer to buy one for her? +brownie/relationship points would be rewarded maybe

Sibyl sure weren’t kidding when she said Tsubasa was strict about our Academic achievements, even at a time like this, she was asking about my school work

wasn’t

You seem like you’re use to this.

used

I felt like a kid who had just gotten a 100 of his test. I wasn’t complaining, her hand was soft and full of life, he hot and cold personality was sometimes outputting, but I knew she put up a tough front for us, she was our fearless leader afterall.

the

I was frozen in place, my legs couldn’t move. I felt Tsubasa pushed me, I stumbled back and watched Tsubasa fell as the floor crumbled beneath us.

push

fall

Is it weird that I really like Tsubasa. and he was also reading one of my favorite books! :flushed:

Also regarding jobs, I didn’t really, not like them but don’t have a strong opinion about them either, you could follow up on the “jobs” in later chapters to make them not seem like filler…

1 Like

OMG YES

I looove Yugen :heart: It’s one of my favorite WIPs how could I ever forget it? Honestly, CIAR is in my all-time favorites list too. It’s really unique and I love the sound effects. And the art! Honestly, I love it so much asdfghjkl

I’m so happy that you’re back! :sparkles:

And I miss my precious tsunboi Kioshi

Oh my god I’m definitely going to lurk around in the forums and wait for it to happen! :heart_eyes_cat:

I’m too overhyped right now sHit I have to cool down.

But welcome back Rose!

5 Likes

Can I beta test the game please?

1 Like

I really like the extra scenes really reminds me of the persona series

4 Likes

Welcome back!! I love this WIP, and I also like the extra scenes

2 Likes

I’ve played a little of this and I’m enjoying it so far! Excited for the full thing!

1 Like

It good see good story like this

@Ros_e I liked the extra scenes. Also, I want my MC to keep her part time job, mostly because she works at the maid café, and I want to see what kind of reactions her roommates would each have if they went to the café, not knowing that the MC worked there, and saw her in her uniform. Especially Touya :wink:.

5 Likes

This is still one of my favorites and Tsubasa is still number 1 waifu

3 Likes

I like the extra too. Like the art part time job. Tee hee. It makes your game unique and fun☺.
It a shame if it gonna be destroy… but if it for the best then…

1 Like

Ahhhh~ Alright >w< I got your input! It was just a little hard to keep keep track of the many characters and variables from the clubs, jobs and so on.

10 Likes

Well, I’ll probably regret suggesting this, but if it makes it easier, you could try to hold a poll for the players to pick three or four of their favorite jobs. The three or four jobs that have the most votes can stay in the game, while the others are removed…

8 Likes

Sorry… :sweat_smile:

I do really think that the scenes add to the feel of the story, if not to the actual story itself. If you do want to reduce the number, as @VioletHikari suggests, that would probably make it much easier on you, although I confess I would be saddened by the loss of any cute male characters from those routes.

7 Likes

Admittedly, I have zero idea how the work/club things work in the code sense, but you could just make those for show/immersion? Just remove any extra stats or something? :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

So I’m very new the forum here but this WIP immediately grabbed my attention when I saw it. I love the art you have with it and am very excited about its concept and world. There is one bug in the posted demo that I have been consistently running into though.
I am unable to complete the demo as a female because this error message keeps popping up:

Now my understanding from the thread is that you’re doing a closed beta now, so this might have already been addressed there, but I figured I would let you know just in case.

1 Like

@cipher_M oh! May I know how far in did you mnahe in before getting the error? C:

3 Likes

It’s in Chapter 4, in the aftermath of Dion getting a Reverie:

Regardless of what option I choose in response to Tsubabsa’s explanation of how certain people can summon a Reverie I get the error whenever I try to move on from the following page (pictured) as a female by pressing “Carpe Diem.” When playing male MC though I can move forward just fine straight into a pop quiz from a teacher, the one about ancient Roman toothpaste.

What got you make caught in a reverie

7 Likes