Captive of Fortune - Volume Two of Demons Among Men

CoF both has more variety and a longer wordcount per playthrough. In general, you read about 15/85k for TotDH (though most of the replay ability is in the battles) whereas you read about 25/140k in CoF and it can be considerably different depending on your choices.

EDIT:

Looks like CoF might release on December 18th, the same day as The Force Awakens. x_x

5 Likes

Captive of Fortune was pulled from the markets due to bugs in the save system, but it’s now scheduled to be released on the 18th.

1 Like

Ok, Captive should be out on mobile platforms. And the bug should be fixed.

Please let me know if you run into anything ASAP!

1 Like

Hm, I suppose this doesn’t count as mobile platforms, but I just tries downloading it from the Chrome store on my desktop and it still doesn’t work.

What doesn’t work? Downloading it, or the game?

Sorry, I still have the same exact issue I mentioned earlier. I’ll quote it.

@Shoelip I just pushed 1.0.6. Try that when it’s available. Should be within the hour.

1 Like

1.0.6 is live on CWS. I just bought it and installed it myself.

1 Like

Installation has worked. I now have it in my chrome app launcher. I’ll try it out soon and see if the game itself is working.

1 Like

Hm, I noticed a minor typo in the episode one synopsis. I think Falls is supposed to be capitalized since it’s part of a name.

“With Emira the goblin dealt with, you returned to your village, Rhys falls.”

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve corrected that for the next update.

Also, CoF has now been officially published! You can try the demo here: https://www.choiceofgames.com/user-contributed/captive-of-fortune/#utm_medium=web&utm_source=ourgames

Again, you can ignore the bad reviews about the bug, since it’s now fixed. @Moon_Blink, try the link above.

1 Like

I can’t find it on Play store :confused:

Yaaay! Thanks.
And don’t worry i usually dont like to judge a game only by the reviews because what is a great game for me maybe a bad one for others, and i really liked the first part so i’m sure i’m going to love this :relaxed:

1 Like

@Samuel_H_Young Found another typo. The word “saying” is repeated twice in a row during the “chicken” scene.

Sighing, Gretta flips Gretchin off her shoulders with a splash. Climbing off of you slowly, Garnet wrings out her hair, saying, saying, “Well, I had an amazing time, anyways, mister Allister. Thanks for spending our birthday with us. It was certainly better than we had expected! You’re a wonderful present, you know.”

1 Like

Fixed. Good eye! Thanks again.

Glad to help. A third typo when the Mayor begins announcing his title. “Smiling, he exclaiming jovially”

1 Like

Wow. I’m terrible, ha-ha.

Hey sam I’m playing right now. I like what I’m reading. Its definitly worth my money. Do you still wonder if you will make part three? Because you should absolutely do it man I’d love to see more of this.

1 Like

I’m actually almost finished writing Volume Three, I’d just have to edit and beta test it after that. I do think I’ll resume working on it sometime this week. Also, I’m glad you’re enjoying CoF.

2 Likes

I have a quick question. Is falcon a RO? Because I would rather restart right away instead of wasting time on this playtrough and I dont wanna restart for nothing.