Calling of Metem's Hollow (WIP, Hiatus) Updated 05/29/19

Just dropping in to say that I’m still plugging away at chapter 2, though progress has been a bit slow due to some health problems! But it is coming along! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m about 95% of the way through the chapter now.

Also just wanted to point to my tumblr where I’ve posted some sneak previews of the upcoming chapter which you can find here, as well as a few RO-based snippets which you can find here! :kissing_heart:

45 Likes

I really enjoyed the first chapter can’t wait for chapter 2 <3 <3
Juno and Asraia are such sweet parents <3

I can just imagine my mc taking Pan by the hand going into their livingroom and say “miteras, me and Pan are dating” Juno and Astraia just turning and looking at you being like “Duh we know”

2 Likes

Yay! It makes me so happy to hear that you liked it! Chapter 2 is still coming along, just a bit slower than I would’ve liked! I’ve got a little bit of writer’s block and I’m currently stuck on writing some parental interactions near the end of the chapter, but I’m hoping to bust through some of that this week! :blush:

Aww, that’s cute! Juno and Astraia would definitely know something was up with you two, btw. :wink: They’re pretty perceptive!

11 Likes

Great WIP. I especially like the characters, specifically the MC’s relationship with their siblings, Lys and Pan.

2 Likes

On pins and needles in anticipation of finding out how a blood drinker flirts :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I wonder what Lys fathers reaction be fi you romance her when her father adopted you

3 Likes

Amon’s mostly just relieved that you’re looking out for her, but there’s definitely an “ohhh” moment of realization for him!! :smiley:

5 Likes

so you have to beat him over the head with it just a little which would be funny like your being very obvious in front of him yet he still doesn’t realize

1 Like

I can’t wait for the second chapter! I’m cheering you on!:upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I just did a few tweaks to the main post to keep it updated on the status of chapter 2, as well as adding a link to my Ko-fi page, which you can also find here! Any donations that are made go towards my living expenses and medical bills, and just show me that you enjoy what I’m doing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Chapter 2 is still going well! I’m hoping to finish up the end-of-chapter talks with the MC’s parents and move on to the ending part before this week is up, but we’ll see if that’s too ambitious or not. I hope you guys are having a wonderful Easter (or at least having good food)! Stay safe!!

20 Likes

Just wanted to post another quick update to let everyone know that I’ve went ahead and released the first half of chapter 2 in an update I’m calling chap1.5, hehe! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It doesn’t really end on a cliffhanger, so hopefully no one gets all tense and upset about having to wait a few weeks for the rest of it! Love you guys, have fun!

34 Likes

I have to say I love the writing style, I nearly didn’t read it when I saw it had werewolves, I am glad I did, I look forward to reading more.

3 Likes

I’m still chugging along on chapter 2! I finished up the talks you have with your parents at the end of the chapter (FINALLY!!) and am now moving on to the coming-of-age ceremony. There’s only 2 major scenes left before the chapter’s end! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The ceremony will probably take some time because it includes a couple of big moments (including the start of the first 5 romances)!

I hope you guys are doing well! Take care of yourselves and stay safe!!

24 Likes

Awsome soon time to beat lys;s father over the head with the Romance until he realize whats happening

2 Likes

Also just wanted to let everyone know that I’ve made a discord for CoMH which you can find at the top of the thread or right here! This link shouldn’t expire. :relaxed: We’ve mostly been talking about the game, spamming each other with wolf gifs, and just chatting in general. Come join us if you’re interested in talking to me directly, or with other people who enjoy the game!

8 Likes

Just thought I’d post here and let you guys know that I’ve completed the big coming-of-age ceremony scene at the end of chapter 2, and am now working on romance scenes! After this there’s just 1 more scene to add some tension to the main plot of the game, and then chapter 2 will be done! So (hopefully) within the next 2 weeks you guys will have the full chapter available! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hope everyone here is doing well! Take care of yourselves!

34 Likes

@Stormheart
Suggestion: When looking over Solastria’s description (about whom we pray to) it describes Naeyn-Vacua as a goddess, even though Naeyn’s summary pretty much indicates they are non-binary. Perhaps calling them “Divine of Death” instead of “Goddess” would be more fitting?

2 Likes

I will definitely take this into consideration; I’ve merely been using Goddess because Naeyn-Vacua still considers xemself a Goddess/woman, but chooses to use xe/xem pronouns.

7 Likes

I just did a playthrough with an alchemist/shaman

As an alchemist, I would have thought I’d have some supplies when we encountered the dying man. A mixture to ease pain? Or a sedative to make him sleep maybe?

And as a shaman, I was surprised that my character didn’t channel his magic by hitting a zombie in the face with his staff, since augmenting physical attacks with magical attacks was presented as the shaman schtick.

4 Likes

I can probably write something in for an alchemist (or someone trained in healing magick) to attempt to treat Brianus’ (the dying man’s) injuries! With so many options available, a couple sometimes fall through the cracks, and it’s nice to get a reminder here and there! :relaxed: It’s also nice to get requests if you feel like you missed out on opportunities.

The staff/magick thing is a bit more complicated due to how I’ve written the magick+weapon combo code-wise. I may need to change the shaman description to reflect on how hard it’d be for me to write something like this. I’ll have to think about it! :thinking:

4 Likes