Calling of Metem's Hollow (WIP, Hiatus) Updated 05/29/19

Whoops, I see what the problem is now. Hopefully what I just uploaded fixed the issue. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Yes, when I was fixing this part of the code yesterday, my brain completely forgot that the MC+sibs could live with Juno and Astraia. It was my bad.

2 Likes

do you need some coffee ?

found: Heva follows closely behind, giving you an affectionate pat on the head before she heads home, too. ( Heva live with you…doesnt she ?)

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Good lord I ADORE this WIP! You ticked all of my checkboxes: An interesting premise, detailed worldbuilding, TONS OF CHARACTER COSTUMIZATION OPTIONS! Ah! I LOVE this! Sorry for sounding too enthusiastic.

A couple of questions though, is there any benefit on being a human instead of a werewolf? Like I am finding myself interested in replaying various paths in this game, and I kinda wish there is something unique with humans personally that can get me to try not choosing werewokf, considering that is one of this game’s appeals for me personally :D.

Also regarding RO’s, how does you and Donni’s romance work?
Is he like, immortal since you meet him when you’re like 10, and unless he is he’ll probably be an old man once you’re in puberty lol, just confused tbh OwO;;

2 Likes

Yay, I’m glad you’ve enjoyed reading it so much! :hugs: The customization is my favorite part!

Humans and and the three werewolf forms all get different main stats to encourage different builds! Humans get a boost to their allure, finesse, and knowledge. Humanoid werewolves get boosts to knowledge, control, and finesse. The half-wolf form gets finesse, physique, and allure. And the full wolf form gets control, physique, and knowledge.

On the subject of Donni, since it’s a bit of a spoiler, let’s just say that even after the time skip in chapter 2 that makes the MC an adult, Donni doesn’t appear to have aged at all. :wink:

12 Likes

Put the spoiler tag on its own line.

[spoiler]
The spoiling text
[/spoiler]

3 Likes

I have a question for anyone that’s still skulking around my thread: does choosing your sexuality make a big difference in gameplay for you?

My original idea for my game was going to be that I’d leave the flirting/romance open for everyone, and sexuality talks would pop up via friends and lovers as the game progressed, but I know some people would prefer to have it set in stone/not to see options for people they’re not interested in. If there’s any insight to be had, I’d love to hear it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

you mean like gating some ? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

No gating, just the typical “are you interested in men, women, both, or neither” option somewhere in the game, or would people prefer it to be a natural thing that pops up in conversations with friends and ROs and is determined that way, I guess is what I’m asking. :kissing_heart:

I do mean asking for orientation, yes. ROs will not be changing gender.

oh…then the gender of romance change lol So Donnie become a women…:joy:

ahem…I do love that option , cose that mean I can romance anyone I want . Set gender mean , there are some romances…I would never try .

Ahh…unless you mean ‘just ask for your orientation’’ ? hum…if it doesnt influence the gender of romances like some others games do…I dont see why put it in the game then . Just y’know…write it real…like…Pan’s parents…are normal thing in the tribe…nobody go around asking how they popped a kid…it just is…

1 Like

I personally prefer to let my decisions in game speak for me. Choosing a sexuality has always been kinda weird for me in games 'cause you can just choose not to sleep or flirt with any sex.

2 Likes

Agreed. Personally, I don’t mind characters that are player sexual as people call them and I also don’t mind gender changing characters depending on players as well if that is what you’re asking. For sexual orientation, yeah I’d prefer if it just comes naturally, like just get an option to flirt or not with people, since I don’t think strictly labelling is necessary. Like I said, I don’t mind having the option to set my character to a specific orientation but I agree with people saying just letting the player choose who to romance is a more natural.

5 Likes

Thank you for your opinions! That’s kind of what I was planning on going with because it just made the most sense to me, but I thought I’d get some input anyway. Can never be too careful with finding out what people want!

I’d gladly welcome more if anyone else has some insights they wanna throw my way! :hugs:

Also just thought I’d post a quick update and say chapter 2’s coming along well. This week’s word count is 12,095, which is a pretty large chunk for me! We’re pushing into cute friend/flirty/family bits now, so it’s gotten easier to write!

11 Likes

Pan is my precious boy. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I actually find Lys kind of annoying, but that’s not a bad thing. Sometimes friends can just be irritating. :joy:

The writing is great and really pulls you in. There seems to be a lot of options for the MC, which makes me want to replay with different choices and that’s something I rarely do! I can’t wait to see where this goes.

7 Likes

Nooo. If I had to pick, I’d totally sacrifice Lys over Pan. She’s too impulsive and Pan is sweet :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Also a question: Does Donni have vitiligo?

4 Likes

@VenusHeart I hope you enjoy all the different choices, hehe! They were a lot of fun to write! :wink:

@Morphine Pan is a sweetheart. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And yes, Donni does have vitiligo! I’m surprised you picked up on that from just this chapter!

4 Likes

I don’t think so. There are many of us that prefer Pan over Lys. Not everyone is fond of her temper outburst and childish tantrums. Personally I would not sacrifice either of them because… what kind of friend would do that? :confused:

14 Likes

childish…? she is a kid…lol…then again…not everyone can afford to be boring like pan! :smirk:

Let’s duel! :rofl:

@Stormheart don’t take side…ya said you had no favorite! Traittoooor! :joy:

4 Likes

Pan is also a kid :grin:

6 Likes

exactly! he should let loose…sheesh…he have his whole life to be a boring nerd :wink:

2 Likes

You’ll never get me to pick between them! They’re my babies! There are no sides!! :laughing:

10 Likes