Calling of Metem's Hollow (WIP, Hiatus) Updated 05/29/19

I did say…it was traumatic :rofl: dunno where it’s from…but…I’m gonna nightmare tonight cose of it lol

Hum…I aint expert in necro to tell you the truth . The only one I played and loved…was back in Guild Wars 1 and you could have a horde of minions…:sweat_smile:

though I aint big on summons myself…I take a spell like finger of death over a skeleton minion . Everyone love finger of death

Here are some old traditional spells from BG2 :Category:Necromancy spells | Baldur's Gate Wiki | Fandom

some light reading :

Wiki: Necromancy - Wikipedia

Other: 10 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Necromancy

more spells: Paradise Found - Necromancy

I posted spells link , hoping you can take inspiration from them :wink:

Btw…Donnie already practise Blood Magic right? That could be a sub to Necro! Though you don’t have to create necro either . I be happy with Blood Magic myself…since…in DA2 for exemple…thats what I always pick :joy:

and beside…just think of tha fun…

Here you are facing a blood sucker…and you are going total mutilation…So many jokes I could make as she droole…over the wasted blood…she cant get to…:smirk:

Vilain: Hiss Such a waste of potentiel! come darling…come to me and let me feast on your blood!
Mc: oh oh oh , nice try! tell me…do you have a cup by any chance? maybe if you are nice enough…I fill it for you!
Vilain: Hiss So taunting! do your clans know how devilish you are…?
Mc: Nah , I only show tis side to you darrrrling! slice wrist now let’s dance!

2 Likes

Oh my God, this WIP has me hooked!!!
I love the details for customization — I can definitely see myself replaying this game over and over, just to explore all the different combinations of skills (but I will always be a Rogue in my heart :orange_heart:)! I got mad chills when your first transformation is happening!

I have gotten attached to literally all the characters I’ve been introduced to. Pan… Lys… My parents… My siblings… SOPHIA…
Is it possible to know the other ROs, or will that be a secret? :hugs:

4 Likes

@E_RedMark Thank you so much for all the links, I was already planning on doing a bunch of reading about necromancy to see if I thought anything made sense in the context of CoMH. Also, blood magick is an interesting idea. Maybe that’s something Donni could teach the MC? :thinking:

@Corny_Cornelia Yay, I’m so glad you like it. Players being able to customize their experiences is 100% the most important part of developing this game for me! Besides Pan, Lys, Magda, Donni, and Elysia, the other ROs haven’t been introduced yet (some are introduced in chapter 2, but a couple won’t be available until chapter 3), so I’m not sure what all I should say about them. I don’t want to lessen the impact of meeting them, ya know? But I might be willing to answer a few questions!

8 Likes

Have you been thinking about making a tumblr for your game?
Lots of developers tend to make one for the sake of answering questions, ect!
Anyway, if you do, you better link it, cause I’ll be following right away! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

-but I can totally understand, and to be honest, as much as I love getting to know the ROs, I will happily wait in suspense for them, cause I know they’ll be worth it!!

2 Likes

I actually do have a tumblr already set up. I’ve just been a bit nervous about making my first post on there, and then linking it here to let everyone know that it’s there. :upside_down_face: It’s just me being silly, that’s all.

8 Likes

Hehe, that’s fine!
When you’re ready to publish it, you’re ready to publish it! First steps are always the hardest!
Hope to see you there some time :orange_heart:

2 Likes

I went ahead and posted it in the main body of the thread. :flushed: Beware anyone who clicks on it, it’s a total barren wasteland right now, but if you wanna follow me on tumblr, there you go!

8 Likes

Wow! This WIP is something! I loved being a werewolf and wish you good luck with your work! :wink:

2 Likes

This text will be hiddenI absolutely love this story!!! I have read it three times already trying new choices. There is only one thing it keeps bothering me

After the nightmare where Magda shows up. We get the chance to choose who we tell about it… but does it matter??? Cause the first time I played I told Miava and the adults showed up to save us and she said something about how much worse it could have been if you hadn’t told her.

So the second time I choose to tell only pan and Lys but they made me tell Miava. So, same results

The third time I choose to not tell anyone, just to see if the whole scenario changed… but the adults still came to save us???

Idk… maybe make it so if you not tell anyone about the warning they come to help a little bit later??? Idk. Just a suggestion

3 Likes

This is something that I’ve thought about before—it’s just hard because it would change the flow of the entire scene. Choosing not to tell anyone gives you a boost to your control stat (which is a major stat), whereas all the other choices only give you minor personality boosts. It’s something I can think about, anyway. Thank you for your input! :wink:

1 Like

uh…spoiler tag aint working :sweat_smile:

btw @Stormheart that remind me of something…

Any chance to ‘tell our sibling’ instead of ‘friend’ ? Dunno , just some peoples can be closer to sibling then friends . Though I know that mean more work for you (So Sorry), but hum…I think you could limit it to one sibling (like if you have 4 sibling you can pick the 1st that was chosen) .

ohhh…and…if I pick I have 4 sibling…and shove them on Pan’s family…does that make me evillllllllllllllll…:smirk:…plz say it does…I unleash that little brother-monster on Pan’s…he is like Lys twin…:rofl:

2 Likes

I could probably write in a scenario in which you tell your older siblings about the dream, at least. You’re right about it being more work though, those scenes are pretty personalized, hehe! :wink:

I actually think about the MC having all 4 siblings+themselves and being adopted a lot. It’s a lot of responsibility for 1 person to handle, especially if it’s someone like Miava! At least Pan and Lys’ parents have their own kids, so they kinda know what to expect!

2 Likes

older generations had 20+ kids y’know that ? and they managed trough it . How they did it , I don’t know…but they did .

But yeah I know its too much for some ‘parents’ . But still , you gotta at least give us one scene in chapter 2 about that little monster brother (twin of Lys I swear) and Pan!

I just betcha it be hilarious…

2 Likes

I love this already, I know some people are kinda meh on the friends but I adore both of them. I’m also excited to see more of Magdalena, it’s pretty explicitly implied Donnie sent that dream to mc as a warning so I’m curious to see how she ended up there.

Is the form choice permanent for werewolves? Or is a situational thing where you choose whatever works best at the time?

2 Likes

@E_RedMark There are definitely going to be more family scenes in chapter 2, don’t you worry about that! They’re going to be so much fun to write! :relaxed:

@ApplePi Whatever form you pick is permanent, at least for now.

I would also just like everyone to know that I’ve beaten the 12-choice 2.4k-word-per-scene devil! Finally! I’m free to write other things! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Now we get to go do the fun stuff!

8 Likes

I have a question if you pick the pure wolf form does that mean you cant use magic

2 Likes

You’ll be able to use magick/weaponry no matter what form you pick! :wink:

I’ve updated the game with an optional nickname system, and made it so you can tell your big brother or sister about the nightmare!

7 Likes

found: And as the moon rises higher in the sky, Amon says goodbye, giving Lysandra a hug before leaving with a tired smile on his face. Heva follows closely behind, giving you an affectionate pat on the head before she goes. (doing a run adopted by Pan’s family , with Heva as older sister: she goes…goes where ?)

2 Likes

I just changed the wording to be less confusing! :hugs:

3 Likes

well…you changed ‘‘goes’’ to ‘‘leave’’ but that doesnt clarify…to whereeeeeeeeeeeee! :sweat_smile:

(like I said : run with Pan’s family and Heva as your only older sister. So in that scene , she cant leave anywhere ! curfew babeh! lol and she could help clean up the table…or she could Leave to bed and doesnt clean up…cose she hunt and bring meat to the house…so…she kinda exempt from doing house chore like that) .

1 Like