Cakes and Ale

[frantic shushing sounds]

25 Likes

Power move, posting this after nominations for Yuletide have closed.

7 Likes

I just spoke to him, and he said, with an imperious tone, “they are trousers, not tights–there is a significant difference.” Then he put his hands behind his back and rocked back and forth on his feet a few times, allowing you to gaze upon him.

5 Likes

Yep, delightfully tight trousers. :wink:

2 Likes

I’d like to say to Mr.shiny golden pants that he needs to check a dictionary or fashion magazine first before making a fashion statement

And on the other hand, “wow” I really appreciate you answering @idonotlikeusernames with the character’s quote and replying in character :blush:

1 Like

I just finshed my replay of Tally Ho and I just…absolutely forgot how much I loved the humour and the writing style. So I’m just really excited for Cakes and Ale and it’s great to hear about your progress!

7 Likes

Tally Ho! Is easily one of my favourite if not my favourite CoG game, seriously looking forward to your work

3 Likes

I just finished writing Chapter Six, and now it’s time to debug this long chapter.

Then the epilogue chapter, and Cakes and Ale will be ready for its draft review.

The game now stands at 990,000 words.

57 Likes

[pre-emptively clears editorial decks]

Congratulations in advance on the first million-word COG! I am sincerely really looking forward to reading this. Although, uh, you’ll understand if it takes me a while to review said draft? :slight_smile:

10 Likes

That is simply amazing. Congratulations, @Gower. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Shhh, don’t tell anyone, but you’re my favorite professor-of-renaissance-literature/choice-of-games-author.

Seriously though, congratulations on getting close to finishing Cakes and Ale! I’m so happy for you :two_hearts::dizzy:

9 Likes

Oh man, I’m so excited for this! Tally Ho is absolutely one of my favourite games on here because it’s so much fun to read. I can’t wait to indulge myself in the Jolly Good Literary Universe and give it all the love it deserves. This first part alone sounds super extensive. It’s incredible. By God this is going to keep me busy for so long. Thank you so much for your service, Gower

8 Likes