Jolly Good: Cakes and Ale Free-for-All Discussion Thread Where Spoilers May Appear

Tally Ho is my favorite CoG game, so I’m very excited to see a series taking place in the same world! Haze is my number one favorite character out of all CoG and HG characters, so just knowing he will play a role in this series has me already looking forward to it!
Thank you! (Sorry about the pointless babbling)

10 Likes

@Gower how high in the social ladder will it be possible to rise if we are ambitious enough? Any of the RO would support us in our efforts to raise it?

3 Likes

By the end of the series? I would guess you could become an earl or countess by succeeding your uncle if you play your cards right, eventually.

I’m going to keep that under my hat for the moment, especially since it is more than possible you could play Cakes and Ale several times and not even interact with the dastardly crime in any significant sense.

15 Likes

Haze will play a rather minor role in this first game, but larger, I suspect, in the later ones.

18 Likes

thanks for sharing

1 Like

How about Rory, our MC in tally ho, Valentine, aunt Primrose, colonel firesnuff, mopsie, figs, Trixie, Regina and Frankencense? How big are their roles in the new game ?

1 Like

Rory: Major role
Our MC: referred to, no appearance
Valentine: one long scene
Aunt Primrose: several brief scenes
Colonel firesnuff: major role in two chapters
Mopsie: One long scene
Figs: One scene
Trixie: assuming you mean Trina, she’ll be in the next game
Regina: mentioned briefly, not appearing in this game
Frankencense: one longish scene

35 Likes

Ah… thank you so much for explaining it all to me though too be honest I’m really sad we only get mentions of the MC but at least it’s better than nothing

2 Likes

Would there be a saved game from Tally Ho to import for Cakes and Ale?

i can see variants of flavored text if so.

3 Likes

Perhaps there will be options to select in the beginning. Importing save game seems to be a bigger hassle than picking options to determine NPC’s gender, Tally Ho MC’s ending, who won the race, etc.

3 Likes

Right now the plan is to do what @lynossa says–a short preface where you select some important things that happened in Tally Ho. Or, if you like, you can randomize. Or you can just select that you haven’t played Tally Ho, and then Cakes and Ale will be a bit more silent about backstory stuff.

14 Likes

I know this is VERY late but, who’s tabby ?

One of the possible love interests. She wears a beret.

9 Likes

Focusing on the real information here.

I loved Tally Ho, so I’m very excited for this. Looking forward to seeing the characters from TH from a different perspective.

6 Likes

Oh ! We’ve got new information about a RO here :grin: and if we’re going by the canary you posted here earlier is she the pessimist in the group of ROs, constantly worry too much, low self esteem and constantly have mental breakdowns but, despite that she is trying to break out of her shell and try to look at the positive side of life ( though her nature makes it REALLY hard) and this will be part of her character development in the game

1 Like

That sounds like an excellent choice. It’d also help people who want to make different characters to get a different Cakes and Ale experience but don’t want to replay Tally Ho! all over again.

1 Like

The more I hear about this game, the more excited I am, my goodness. I know there’s no way to pre-order, but I really, really want to.

5 Likes

Thanks for the vote of confidence! Today I hit 945k words, and I’m 92% done with my chapter six outline!

All I have left is the optional adventure with the opera prima donna, wrap up the three different endings to chapter six, and then write the epilogues chapter. I have no clue how long those will all time, but I’m plugging away at it. It’s been quite a marathon so far. I’m really looking forward to showing it to everyone.

43 Likes

Wow a million plus words and this is just the first instalment. :astonished:
Only @Havenstone could possibly top this I think. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Looking forward to meeting mr. Golden tights. :wink:

5 Likes

The surprise will be when we both reveal the final installments of our games and it turns out it’s the same world and that the Rebels world is just a board game that the club members are idly playing in the front room while quaffing Champagne cocktails.

41 Likes