Burdens to Bear (Updated 16/09/29)

I enjoyed what you have so far and can’t wait to see where this goes.

My only critique would be to have a brief description of each race before the player chooses so they do not have to restart if they didn’t like the race they chose

5 Likes

My only critique would be to have a brief description of each race before the player chooses so they do not have to restart if they didn’t like the race they chose

yeah do this, or maybe have a “are you sure you’re this race” after the description in an extra page after you make a choice.

also a question from me, is the reflection spirit thing an ro?

1 Like

Okay I’ll see what I can do about that in the next update.

Yes, yes she is.

4 Likes

I really like what I’ve read so far.
I did encounter an error though, which kept me from continuing. chapone line 571: Non-existent variable ‘v_intimacy’

1 Like

Howdy once more! I am still very much in love with this game.
Alas, I found this lil error here;

Anywho, I can hardly wait for what’s to come!
Have yourself a super cool Pigeon filled day.

1 Like

@hilite @Pigeon Both of your problems should be resolved.Sorry for getting back to you really late.

2 Likes

Licking her lips before speaking, the woman gently closes the folder, pushing it to the side. “It is rare to see one such as yourself around these parts,” She begins delicately, not quite looking you in the eyes.

“Your people rarely travel alone, correct? I’m sorry, we’re just not accustomed to seeing any Child of Earth quite so far West.” You can feel the fire in your belly begin to heat as you struggle to maintain your calm facade. Your dagger hand twitches, grasping for your weapon at such a thought. It used to be that your people were all over the land, but nowadays you usually stick to your own poverty-stricken areas if you decide to settle down. Still, she continues, her eyes glancing down briefly to search for your name. “I can’t say we’ve had any Tricksters in the city before. Don’t your people usually stick to the woods?” Suddenly, you’re glad your mask hides the sneer crawling across your features, your claws making crevices in your furred little hands as you clench them. ‘Tricksters…’ She says that as if she doesn’t share the same ancestors. But just because your people can be territorial, you’re reduced to nothing but a creature of mischief. Still, she continues, her eyes glancing down briefly to search for your name. “We’ve never had a Death Walker in our walls before. I hope your stay has been uneventful,” And there it is; the assumption that you bring nothing but death wherever you roam. Your occupation aside, you don’t think you’ve ever been the cause of such chaos. The entire thought might make you angry if you weren’t just tired of it all. Social isolation has brought you nothing if not the ability to brush such things off. Still, she continues, her eyes glancing down briefly to search for your name

Seems like this section has not been coded properly as the woman refers to mc as three different races. (I chose the trickster species)

1 Like

No problem! Thanks for the fix.

Okay thanks that should be fixed now!

3 Likes

I love it I hope you’re still continuing the story.

I thoroughly enjoyed this WIP and im looking forward to more have to say love the grim so much already there is just something about being connected to the dead that really pleases me.

2 Likes

Hi, came across this problem with the save files, thought i should point it out.

1 Like

Yes, I am still working on it, however, at the moment it’s on a bit of a hiatus while I work on my other game. I’ll probably start working on it again once I have the time to work on both, however.

@CynicalCream Right yes, thank you. The problem should be solved now.

7 Likes

There some missing coding for one of your attribute choices

I am totally sold. I love the way you write and deep the story looks also the choices you let the reader do, it really feels we are part of the story.

1 Like

Is it just one chapter? Because I seem to get stuck in an infinite loading screen & it just stops working.

Yes, for now the demo only has the first chapter.

thank you for the info.

I love it , it looks promising i love regrets of the traitor. You’re so talented and I love what you have so far. Keep up the great work

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.