Brittleshade: Catalyst WIP [Small update July 17th]

Devlog June 2nd

Small update as I was focused on SfAL this week.

Devlog
  • Continued Zachariah’s portion of the Garden Consequences. It’s almost complete, I just need to finish the first encounter with the Beast that occurs at the end. Unfortunately, I suck at writing fighting scenes so this is taking a bit longer than I like.
  • Rebecca’s portion of Garden Consequences is also mostly done, I just want to flesh out the descriptions of her manor and the servants a bit more. After that, it’ll just be moving on to her version of the Beast encounter to finish off her section.
  • Updated posts to reflect the names of the romanceable/friendable characters. I only intended to have a few initially but the story in my head makes more sense with the 6 I have.

No updated demo/wip for this devlog.

9 Likes

Devlog June 10th
And another small update for this week. My lovely spawn brought home the last flu of the school year (I’m hoping anyway) while my immune system has decided it will vacation in the Bahamas.

Devlog

About 1500 words written.

Minor changes

• Changed the nickname for the default/random character… again.
  • Changed wording on stats menu to better reflect explanation to Xion (visit or missing sister) as well as if R/Z are told about being Catherine’s sibling. Lying still results in no entry.
  • In the Apartment, MC will no longer say their full name if they lied to R/Z about being Katie’s sister as it seemed weird to be “I’m Player Silverstein”.
  • Asking about the Zombie Dog’s name will now automatically move into asking about Catherine instead of making players choose that option by itself.
  • Stating you don’t need a babysitter no longer autoroutes into waiting for morning with Zachariah. Night or Morning can be chosen. Morning is still reserved for an outing with Zachariah but the MC’s reaction will be a bit more annoyed/testy about it as he pretty much forces his way along.

There is more in the Wip now, however, this is a test phase of Zachariah’s Garden Consequences path (I just can’t get the save function to work outside DashingDon and this is easier for me to test the connecting points). It ends just before phase 2 of the Monster fight.

7 Likes

Actually, I think about the MC’s family, instead of letting the MC do their own thing, they are more likely to “force” the MC to work hard

1 Like

Pretty much. It’ll be heavily implied later that the family forced the MC to conform more into the idea of a ‘good child’ while still treating them as not good enough just because they can’t use their ability as well as others.

can our MC have 2 powers? I wish I could, and maybe because MC failed to awaken both of his powers perfectly, that caused MC’s strength to be weak

1 Like

Answer behind a details button as I feel the answer is more storyline based.

Answer

Yes, the MC can have 2 powers.

I haven’t decided if it’s a set power or a choice between several. I’ve had several powers in mind as the secondary one and can’t decide between them. As having that additional power affects the ending, I have pretty much decided to wait until later to decide which is why I stuck this behind a details/spoiler.

Further spoiler →

The MC does have two powers at the beginning of the story which is indeed why their strength in the initial chosen power is weak.

2 Likes

Small update!

Not much to report here, I’ve been sick on and off since the end of June (I am my immune system’s punching bag with this weather).

I have written out the introductions of the other potential allies of the MC and have finished most of the GET scenes. I’ve also debated redoing the stat increases/decreases so that it only occurs at the end of a chapter. Right now, everything is a fairmath equation so we’ll see.

Until next time, folks!

7 Likes

Take it easy and look after yourself. No need to work on this when you are under the weather. I like every update even if short like this one.

1 Like

If you don’t mind me asking, where are you that is affecting your immune system like that? It’s flu season here in Straya (boss was knocked out for a week with Flu A recently), so I’m just curious.

So used to speaking to either Europeans or Americans.

1 Like

I don’t mind.

I’m in Atlantic Canada, on Cape Breton Island. I have anemia and a damaged ear so I’m prone to ear-nose-throat problems that hang around, especially with the changes in moisture and air pressure due to this being an El Nino year (it’s been 3 days of rain followed by 1 day of scorching heat on a repeated cycle since the first of June).

Oh, yeah, that’ll do it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.