BREACH: The Archangel Job - (Released! | Discussion) New Discord

Persistent but fascinating to read.

1 Like

Then make sure to be awake tomorrow :wink: (Or tonight if youā€™re somewhere in the American continent)[quote=ā€œCaesarCzech, post:399, topic:19446ā€]
Going to school to get my Proof of succesfully completing exams so in two hours you can expect me to delve into this
[/quote]

Iā€™m looking forward to it! Mainly because my neck hurts I canā€™t look backā€¦:laughing: Seroiusly though, my neck hurts all of the suddenā€¦ I donā€™t know why.[quote=ā€œRagEgnite, post:401, topic:19446ā€]
I want to join the Phase 2 sign up, but Iā€™m unsure how much free time I actually have for the coming months.

Decisions, decisionsā€¦what would my MC do?
[/quote]
You donā€™t have to be on throughout the whole Private Thread, just post something to make sure I know youā€™re still alive :laughing:

Awesome! Looking forward to how many people actually still likes the game, let alone know it :sweat_smile:

Well, Iā€™m in Indonesia to study itā€™s history, so Iā€™m obligated to know. Itā€™s also funny that me, a foreigner, knows more about your country than you, a local :joy:[quote=ā€œCurious_Boy, post:402, topic:19446ā€]
dont forget to include me again :grin: (iā€™ll keep both my eyes out, nobody get near my slot as a tester :eye::lips::eye: )
[/quote]

Donā€™t worry, you and a few others are already on the list Iā€™m going to invite :thumbsup:

4 Likes

I like to keep my readers happy, after all itā€™s why I made this game in the first place :grin:

Which part are you talking about exactly? If itā€™s the warehouse scene, then yes. I really need to work back on my previous interpretation of Mouse. Becauseā€¦ my process of writing is a bitā€¦ primitiveā€¦ but it somehow works.

When I started making this gameā€¦ I had absolutely no idea what Iā€™m doing. And then, as time progresses, I get better (Which is why the prologue is easily the worst, and Chapter 3 is probably the best so far) So I really need to go back and re-work nearly everything. (Which I will do at the end of phase 2)[quote=ā€œCaesarCzech, post:404, topic:19446ā€]
Got a bit of idea. Will you add Pistol calibrated for sleeping rounds ? i think that while it would be expensive Hey if you can buy armored van you sure as hell can buy other things.
[/quote]
ā€¦ Hmmmā€¦ I donā€™t think thatā€™d be efficient. However, you COULD! use a sleeping dart pistol (Donā€™t know when Iā€™ll implement it, but Iā€™ll work on it)

Alsoā€¦ are you posting the variables so you can show me your progress? Or did you actually encounter a bug? :joy:

1 Like

ā€¦ Iā€™m starting to think I was drunk when I was writing some of these variablesā€¦

ā€œMCsexcountā€? I did NOT remember making thatā€¦
ā€œbang BANGā€ What the hell does that even mean?!
"nolastname " and "yeslastname " are completely redundant, why did I even bother making those?
ā€œrelloverā€ ā€¦ what was I even trying to type? Itā€™s not even used at all in the game!
ā€œimprovisationā€ This and Tactics have the same use. Should I just delete improvisation?

3 Likes

well, unfortunately its not unusual today that foreigner know more about indonesia than the local (mostly young generation) themselves (including me) :sweat_smile:. fortunately thanks to jacicā€™s game sea maiden (and all of the awesome WIP iā€™ve been playtested so far --including your awesome Archangel), im inspired to make choicescript game based on Indonesianā€™s folklore. though i still didnā€™t make any progress about learning Choicescript :sweat_smile: and it didnā€™t help that my grammar kinda suck as of nowā€¦ so maybe in the near future. :grin:

sweet!! :grin: sleep is for the weak anyway :joy:

2 Likes

Iā€™m gladā€¦ somewhatā€¦ be of an inspiration! Oh! I have a friend, heā€™s Indonesian (His English is so perfect, he can copy my British accentā€¦ Donā€™t know about his grammar) Heā€™s the current Co-Author of the game. Writer of every single relationship story, and heā€™s very good at it (Heā€™s responsible for most of the romance, especially Mouse)

When we were writing together in Depok, he came up with this idea of a game, based on this awesome Indonesian movie called ā€œThe Raidā€ the first one. I was like ā€œNah, the story is too smallā€

So he made a draft, and called it ā€œBreach: Hotel 44ā€ā€¦ which is basically a small version of ā€œThe Archangel Jobā€. Itā€™s based in Bali, where a group of international cirminals have gotten together called ā€œThe Crusadersā€. And a group of special police from all over the world, including Indonesia, dubbed "Detachment 88 ", is tasked to apprehend all the known criminals in the Hotel. The only problem is, everyone in that hotel, is a criminal.

But then again, I said ā€œItā€™s too shortā€ so he came up the idea, that you can play as either the attackers ā€œDetatchment 88ā€ or as the defenders ā€œThe Crusadersā€ While still having the idea that the police can betray their members and join the cirminals, and vice versa.

However, since Iā€™m probably going to be off to Canada in the next couple of yearsā€¦ Iā€™m starting to think that that game would actually be a good ideaā€¦ What do you think? If this sounds like a good game to you, Iā€™ll give him the go word to start making an outline.

However, The Archangel Job still needs to be our priority :sweat_smile:

P.S: Ben plays Rook, basically every dialogue you will hear him say, are all written by him, because he IS Rook

3 Likes

Just curios what is that from?

1 Like

I think itā€™s Panty and Stocking (With Garterbelt)

ā€¦ Donā€™t ask how I know

2 Likes

when i go to kampung inggris in kediri before (to improve my english skill). someone told me that indonesian have a tounge that can easily adapt to foreigner accent, the downside is most indonesian canā€™t understand and differ grammar as easily as they pronounce the words :sweat_smile:. and in my opinionā€¦ that is so true XD

he should focus with the romance, he is so damn good :heart_eyes: *cough err, wellā€¦ i mean im not really a ā€œcriminal vs police & actionā€ type of guys and more of ā€œfantasy-action-drama-angst-sci-fiā€, and to be honest im kinda surprise myself that i like love Archangle !! :joy: and thanks to you i know something new about how to be a criminal (why did when i put it like that, its sounds like a bad thing :laughing:). so im not really sure i can judge about his story like an expert :sweat_smile: i dont know much about the genreā€¦ if you think he could pull it off why not you give him a go :grin:

wowā€¦ canā€™t wait to read it :laughing: he did a great job with mouse sceneā€¦ im so looking forward :yum:

1 Like

Oh wowā€¦ Then you will love my VAM series. The current series Iā€™m working on is the Breach Series, which focuses on realistic action of cops vs robbers based in current years (2016-2018)

The VAM series is much different, itā€™s basically a sci-fi action crime thriller (More or less) based in the year 2052-2201 (Itā€™sā€¦ about twice as big as the Breach series)[quote=ā€œCurious_Boy, post:414, topic:19446ā€]
if you think he could pull it off why not you give him a go :grin:
[/quote]

Wellā€¦ I guess Iā€™m gonna just wait until this game releases and weā€™ll seeā€¦[quote=ā€œCurious_Boy, post:414, topic:19446ā€]
someone told me that indonesian have a tounge that can easily adapt to foreigner accent
[/quote]

He can only speak englishā€¦ but he can speak english in a Russian, Italian, British (Scott, Irish, Posh, Cockney), Canadian, Spanish, Mexican accentsā€¦ And he loves tounge twisters.

Wait, am I on this list? Should I be expecting a message from you? Itā€™d be helpful to know.

1 Like

Oh, youā€™re definitely on the list. Donā€™t worry. Youā€™ll see it on the sign up thread laterā€¦

2 Likes

sounds interesting :heart_eyes: when will you put the demo for that (but i agree you should focus with Archangel for now :grin:)

that is wise :slight_smile:

i love tounge twisters (who doesnā€™t love tounge twister :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) and wowā€¦ that is impressive, not many people that i know can speak that many accent. even my friend that understand Russian never try that many :joy:. and as for me, in my highschool years i can speak German, Japan, and Italianā€¦ but now i forgot how to do itā€¦ i can only try American and British accent when speaking english now. (and im not really good as the other when speaking in my local languange --sundanesse and javanesse-- :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

@MichaelMaxwell is right, despite the bizarre nomenclature.

As far as I can tell, Breach is, ohā€¦ 2% Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, 30% Saintā€™s Row, 10% Payday 2, 8% thinly-veiled product placement, and 50% ā€œtotally my ideaā€ stuff.

Itā€™s a pretty good recipe for a Greg mask, if memory serves me right.

2 Likes

Canā€™t wait to do my Saints Row playthrough

3 Likes

So many wonderfully awesome names in one sentence with my gameā€¦ :grinning: Thank you

Some of them donā€™t even existā€¦

I would like to thank Red Bull, Whiskey, and Coffee for this contributionā€¦[quote=ā€œRagEgnite, post:419, topic:19446ā€]
Itā€™s a pretty good recipe for a Greg mask, if memory serves me right.
[/quote]
20% Gay pride, 10% priest work, 70% badass, 0% discounts[quote=ā€œInsanityRun, post:420, topic:19446, full:trueā€]
Canā€™t wait to do my Saints Row playthrough
[/quote]
:joy: One of the things I love about the jobs are, no matter how hard you planā€¦ itā€™s always 1 dice roll away from pure chaos

3 Likes

Damn Greg that cheapskate.

2 Likes

Aaand the Sign up thread is up!!

5 Likes

UPDATED!

Ben (Co-Author) Just sent me a few of his codingsā€¦ and guess whatā€¦ he made a DUAL WEILDING SYSTEM!!!

So, a little update for you all! :grin:

DEVELOPMENT LOG#22 (25-May-2017)

(Public Testing)
(1.O14.17.05.25) <== Check to see if itā€™s the same!

• Dev notes B: Possible dual wield melee weaponsā€¦ need to rewrite melee labels and gosubsā€¦
  • Dev notes B: randomhittop and randomhitbottom (MISC) not working properly. Need to revise
  • Dev notes M: Need to find out how to make custom masks, I.E: Leatherface mask, Bulletproof mask, Ronin Ballistic Mask.
  • Few critical bugs fixes
  • Added! Chapter 1 new image
  • Added! New Sharp Melee Weapons!
  • Added! Simplified shooting and taking damage (Only for chapter 3)
    ā€“ Tigress Tactical Karambit (Imported directly from Southeast Asiaā€¦)
    ā€“ Tactical Chisa Katana (For when you feel the urge to slice up your enemyā€¦)
    ā€“ D6 Tactical Tomahawk (For when you feel the urge to go ape-shit on your enemyā€¦)
  • Added! New Blunt Melee Weapons!
    ā€“ Z4P Stun Baton (Imported directly from Southeast Asiaā€¦)
    ā€“ Brass Knuckles (When itā€™s personalā€¦)
    ā€“ Doorbell Breaching Hammer (Because, why the hell not?)
  • Added! Images for melee weapons! (Will be black and white for release, due to obvious copyright reasons)
  • Added! DUAL WIELDING (secondary weapons only)!!! YAAAHHHSS!! It was a bitch to figure out, but I finally found a way!
  • Added! A Chance to look at the tier 2 weapons at the end of chapter 2, after the heist (So you can see what you can use in chapter 3 :D)
  • Deleted! Improvisation checks and a few other useless and/or redundant variables
    OPERATION: Chapter 3: The Outfit and The Corp (23%)
    OPERATION: Input a phone feature into Choicescript_Stats to review info (72%)
    OPERATION: Gregoryā€™s Glorious Goods (Every Robberā€™s One-Stop Store) (94%)

ā€¦ My Co-Author is currently working on how to make dual wielding melee weapons work. We may see dual mini-chainsaws in the future :heart_eyes:

https://dashingdon.com/play/Maxwell121415/breach/mygame/

3 Likes

Images for the M4a1, Ruger Mini, Mac 10, Glock, Beretta 8000, both revolvers, UZI and the Dragunov are missing.

Also the game seems to be a Beretta over M1911 kinda person
MISC line 3235: invalid indent, expected at least one line in ā€˜ifā€™ true block (appears when buying an M911)
(Scratch that, gunshop might be a bit broken in general)

MISC line 3235: invalid indent, expected at least one line in ā€˜ifā€™ true block
(Revolver Purchase)

1 Like