BREACH: The Archangel Job - (Released! | Discussion) New Discord

great…so can you give something that calm me off?

1 Like

Apparently a lot of people are sad that Hayne is a lesbian… so me and Ben are gonna have a discussion about the whole actual ROs, and we may or may not change the current roster and requirements for the ROs…

Also, I noticed that someone has added tags to my topic… Didn’t know that was a thing :joy: Thank you @AAO

5 Likes

…sooooooooooo, does this mean there might be a chance I could romance Justin?

1 Like

So hanky panky with Hayne-y?

1 Like

Maybe if we show her how badass we are she will like us?

2 Likes

before knowing hayne was a lesbian my thoughts were hmm playing a woman in the game sounds interesting why not…

after hearing about it i got very conflicted i want to be in a relationship with mouse as a guy, but hayne she is so fun to be around and such. This Guarantees either on my first and second play-through mouse and Hayne are going to define who i am, heck my third play through might even be just to be rejected by Hayne as a guy.

there is sadness for some but if they really want to have Haynes as their ro in the game they can accept it and be female…just make equally awesome chars for everyone else. Haynes and Mouse are my Wonderful loves in this game

1 Like

Right, so me and Ben have had some talk. We came to the conclusion that we’re going to bring Greg out as an RO since we already have plans for a side-mission for him anyways.

Hayne will be available for both gender. However, you’ll have to impress her harder as a male if you want her to like you. Eventhough her background would somewhat restrict the possibility of a male MC picking her as an RO, Ben and I decided that we can still make her available for both gender, without retconning her history, by making it harder for male MCs to romance her.

Justin however is still exclusively male only, Mainly because the storyline I’ve written for his background strictly defines his character. And I hate retconning character backgrounds.

Rook is still only available for female, and is currently un-debateable. He wants me to say this while looking at @Curious_Boy for some reason.
Rook: You heard him. I'm okay with gay people going at it, I'm just not cool with them going at it with me..
And last but not least, despite being a prominent no-go for me. I’ve decided to make Gabriel available to romance of every gender, but only at the end of the game, and only if the character has high relationships with him, and has never had any relationship throughout the game.

Here is the edited list (still subject to change):

(RO) = (Only available for…)
Avelyne/Edwyn = Any
Annabelle = Any
Charles = Any
Justin = Male (debatable)
Carly = Any
Hayne = Any - Easier for Female (debatable)
Kazton = Female (debatable)
House = Any (Unlockable)
Rook = Female (Unlockable) (Non-debatable)
Gabriel = Any - Only available if you end the game with high relationship, and haven’t had any other relationship

7 Likes

YAY!! Hanky panky with Hayne-y!! Woo woo!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::laughing:

3 Likes

If you’re playing as a female… then… I’m very sorry. :sweat: He’s only available for male MCs

If you can impress her… which will take some work.[quote=“Portugas_D_Ace, post:1132, topic:19446, full:true”]
Maybe if we show her how badass we are she will like us?
[/quote]

Yes, definitely.[quote=“Drakeye, post:1133, topic:19446”]
after hearing about it i got very conflicted i want to be in a relationship with mouse as a guy, but hayne she is so fun to be around and such. This Guarantees either on my first and second play-through mouse and Hayne are going to define who i am, heck my third play through might even be just to be rejected by Hayne as a guy.
[/quote]

When I started making Hayne’s character, I knew people will like her. And I wanted her to be gay mainly because her backstory dictates her preferences. She went through a both physical, mental, and sexual trauma as a child, all of them acted by her father, which in turn generates her hate towards men.

However, me and Ben have decided to give male MCs a chance at showing her that not all men are bad, and that if you get close to her enough and impress her, you might get her into your bed :wink:[quote=“Drakeye, post:1133, topic:19446”]
there is sadness for some but if they really want to have Haynes as their ro in the game they can accept it and be female…just make equally awesome chars for everyone else. Haynes and Mouse are my Wonderful loves in this game
[/quote]

In all honesty, that was my first initial plan when making the ROs :joy:

2 Likes

Some characters like Justin and Kazton-
Rook: -And me..
…And Rook, have very specific character and background story that would restrict who they would fall in love with and why. I very much hate to retcon character backgrounds because that’s what makes each of my characters special, and not just a monotonous array of ROs that are available for every gender.

I try to be as inclusive as possible, mainly because that’s how I like my game to be. But this is a game where the characters aren’t just characters in a story, they’re people with preferences, reactions, history, psychological backgrounds, and personal trauma.

As much as I’d love to make all everyone available for every gender. I’d like this game to represent what I believe life is like for me:

Everyone is different, and every person wants something. Some are evil, some are good, some are both, and some you can’t really tell. This world is not perfect, because it doesn’t have to be.

I wanted each character to represent something, and each character is not just any character. They have their own lives that they have lived, and traumas that they went through.

They may be my creation, but I cannot dictate who they love and who they hate… even fictional characters should not be forced to love someone they can’t…

8 Likes

Yessssssssssss!!!

I can’t believe it… I am crying in the inside right now (I can’t literally cry… My colleagues might think I’m in drama queen moods again.)

@MichaelMaxwell I just hope you didn’t feel force on doing. As much as I love Gabriel, I don’t want any author to cater too much to what your audience want. :grin:

4 Likes

It’s alright to cry… especially if it’s a cry of happiness.

And I always love to see someone happy :grin:

Not at all. I personally always wanted Gabriel to be available as an RO, but (for specific reasons) I can never do so.

However, after talking with Ben, we decided that we would make one more very special ending, which is if you manage to go through the whole ordeal without getting into any relationships with anyone, and have a good relationship with Gabriel, you may just get that sweet vanilla cupcake making machine… :wink:

5 Likes

lol… didn’t i make it clear before that im not interested with Rook anymore… Mouse (not to mention Carlie and Justin) is enough for me :wink: though im still can’t figure out which one i want to pursue from the girl’s side :dizzy_face:

1 Like
Rook: I was just making sure. We cool, right?

Hmm… I recommend trying out Anna from the girl’s side. Or Carly… :wink:

3 Likes

Nuts. Oh well, at least I have a (slight) chance with Gabriel :blush:! Honestly, I was only interested in Gabriel, Justin and the male FBI agent (Anthony?), but mostly Gabriel! I am kind of curious about Rook now, mostly because of @MichaelMaxwell’s recommendation. Still, even though I am unable to pursue the other two guys on my list, I am just very happy I have a small chance with Gabriel at the end. In fact, that just gives me even MORE incentive to reach the end of this game (once the final chapter is up, that is)! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I… haven’t exactly thought about this…

But what if I were to add another extra scene, if you were an undercover detective, and manage to go through the whole game without entering a relationhip, and have a high FBI reputation, you may be able to romance Anthony. (You’ll see the very contrast branching throughout chapter 4 where you will have to choose to betray the archangels, or betray the FBI…)

Well, I’m very sorry to say that the public testing will only be for chapter 1 and chapter 2.

However, me and Ben have thought about this, and we may or may not add a select few to add to the Beta Crew for Phase 3… which is the last phase of the private testing :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Would we be able to date the cops even tho were a criminal? (nit informat)

1 Like

If you weren’t an informant? No. You would not be able to date Megan House nor romance Anthony

2 Likes

Ok, so what is I were an undercover cop, would I still be able to romance Gabriel in the end?

2 Likes

Would we able to defect as a undercover cop to the archangels.

1 Like