BREACH: The Archangel Job - (Released! | Discussion) New Discord

You sure must enjoy making people happy because I’m overjoyed! :heart_eyes: In other news: it’s time for another run through!

12 Likes

It seems a lot of people have been waiting for Gabriel…

Honestly, the top 3 romances I look forward to making are Gabriel, Rook, and Raquel. All of whom are crazy in their own rights.

18 Likes

Those are also the ones I’m looking most forward to playing. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Gabriel being Gabriel

gabriel

32 Likes

That is without a doubt the most accurate meme that describes Gabriel

16 Likes

I’m not finished with the demo yet, but I have to say that Rook is my favorite character. He’s hilarious; I can’t stop laughing right now.

3 Likes

Yeah, most of the character here is… intriguing.
Even my straight male MC would go gay for Gabriel and Rook :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

His hangouts are by far the most fun to write.

Nothing is ever normal in Breach. Gay preists/black market dealer? Check. A trio of unknown criminals with little to no real identity or background? Check. Taco-truck-driving assassin/strip club owner? Check.

13 Likes

I’m really enjoying the 2nd hangout with my beloved adorable little biscuit. Could she please be a little less adorable for a while.

Anyway, found a little… bug(?) I guess, it’s not game-breaking or anything like that though.
At Chapter1A line 324, 2609, and 2612

To be more specific:

Summary
Gabriel gestures towards the two empty seats for you and Mouse as he pulls out a pistol and lays it on the table in front of him.
*if weaponry < 30
	A 9mm Browning Hi-Power.

And

You look behind you and you see a man in a three-piece Suit and blue tie, sporting a white hockey mask with a red smiley face, pistol in hand.
*if weaponry < 30
	A 9mm Browning Hi-Power.
And a rifle hanging from a sling hanging over his shoulder.
*if weaponry < 30
	An FN FNC.

I assume it should’ve been > instead of <
Since if my weaponry is high enough I should’ve been able to recognize that weapon specifically. Not the other way around.
Correct me if I’m wrong though :sweat_smile:

By the way… do you need report for the missing punctuation or something like that?
I think that kind of report is annoying for some writer. That’s why I’m asking you first :grin:

1 Like

I don’t if you’d count this to be less adorable, but as the story progresses, they will become more and more mature and slightly more independent.

You’re correct, I’m fixing that now. :sweat_smile:

That’s isn’t really the highest of priorities right now, but any feedback is welcomed, and nitpicking is encouraged. (Though I’ve come to regret saying that over and over, it never hurts to listen to constructive criticism)

Currently at the top of the priority is the coding errors like the one you’ve found. I couldn’t have possible seen that if not for you.

4 Likes

Man I missed this thread. It’s been bedlam today in the news and then this update! But I’ll probably just wait for the next update if it’s gonna show Gabe’s first romantic scene! Ahhhhhhhhhh Im excited already!!!

1 Like

5b5fb951-bf09-49fb-96d0-b9d3ed92c339
I cried tears of joy when I saw this.

8 Likes

Can you blame us though? I swear every time I play there’s new reasons to swoon over Mr Indestructible! Low key shilling for Rook too. He had me at the the tacos tbh

3 Likes

Due to an entangled narrative, I will be writing Gabriel’s and Raquel’s romance in tandem, so this might take a bit…

12 Likes

This is both good news and not to me - good new because I won’t be tempted to ruin the game before it is released (sooo easy to do), bad news because I will - of course, like with all addiction - miss it as well. :grimacing:

In the end, good wins hands down, though, while bad stands there with the hands up looking like a gerbil who forgot it wasn’t a blue whale. Yeah, I have no idea what that means either. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Whenever I see an update in this thread my heart starts racing. Is that weird? It’s pretty weird. Can’t wait to replay this entire game for the 50th time :grin:

2 Likes

Well, the link to the demo will stay here even after the private thread starts, but it’ll only be for chapter 1-2. There’s going to be some changes and because the game will be cut in half there will be less new contents besides the new hangouts and a couple of fixes, but only for the private testing.

Hopefully, I won’t have to wait long until I can get this thing published.

Sounds like something Rook would say… though to be honest he once said the world was made of family friendly cheese, so I don’t know what that’s about.

It’s not weird, and it brings me joy to know that some people are still playing this game even after numerous of plays.

This game is meant to be repayable, everytime you replay there’s always something fascinating you haven’t read or seen before. Hopefully I’ve achieved that goal.

8 Likes

You had me at ‘entangled narrative’. Sounds spicy! Also I don’t think you’ll find yourself short on cheerleaders here!:hugs:

Quick question though: Does Kaz have a crush on MC? In his 2nd hangout he mentioned not knowing her/his crush very long so I was a bit :flushed: at this tbh

3 Likes

It’s amazing how much work has been put into this.
If it was me, it would feel absolutely surreal getting closer and closer to that goal.

3 Likes

Oh, well, good to know!

Spoiler alert At the end of Chapter 3, if you haven’t dated anyone, and if your relationship is high enough, you can either date Gabriel, or Raquel, or if neither you can play matchmaker for them

Not necessarily. Kaz will mention that the crush is a female, regardless of what gender you are playing as. This could mean two things, if the MC were to romance Kaz (Which is only available for female MCs) your MC would be Kaz’s crush. If the MC doesn’t romance Kaz, he will mention that he has a crush on Carly

And thus, the love triangle emerges. Kaz is in love with Carly, but Carly is in love with Justin, but Justin is in love with Kaz… If you have all three as your crew members, you can resolve this problem at the third hangout of either Kaz’s or Justin’s hangout.

10 Likes