BREACH: The Archangel Job - (Released! | Discussion) New Discord

G o d d a mn well cool to know, just wanted to throw a random ass idea out there and whatever. Hope this stuff is going well for you. Anyway I shall get back to doing what I do best

Searching around the COG forums in boredom.

2 Likes

Gotta say, great game. The heists are probably the best interactive quests iā€™ve seen around here, the whole concept of the armor/weapons too. I also really enjoy the GTA-esque characters, and the crew is really fun the be around (i got Hayne/Justin/Carly).

The only gripe i have is that in the detective/informant route thereā€™s really no option for the MC to go a bit green about all the violence going on(at least in the 1st 2 chapter), the interrogation scene would have been a good moment for that (but i did just watch the Departed, so thereā€™s that). Also, some options to nudge their crew to pull out of the crime scene/question their motives would be nice for someone whoā€™s in a good rep with them (like, ā€œdo you ever regret getting into thisā€ ā€œwouldnā€™t you want to get outā€ stuff like that)

A question, how does the Hayne romance work? It seems to only give me the promt to start it at the 3rd hang out only if iā€™m already with Mouse, otherwise the command doesnā€™t even appear even if i have 90 relationship with her (itā€™s not that itā€™s greyed out or the roll doesnā€™t work, thereā€™s literally no 3rd option for the romance, at least for a male char)

4 Likes

Any comments or suggestion are welcome! Justā€¦ no guarantees they will be used :sweat_smile:

Thank you! They were hard to code in but once the base was done everything else just fell into placeā€¦ rather awkwardly and rigidly at times, but they fall into place nonetheless.

Oh yeah, I never actually got around to re-writing some of the scenes for the detective/informant route. Iā€™m still not sure what Iā€™d like to have that route go through but I am planning to re-write the prologue and maybe even chapter 1, so I guess thatā€™s in the list as one of the things I really do need to fix before I publish the game.

That is also a great conversation topic or even a tool to extract more information if you were working with the FBI. Iā€™ll definitely keep this in mind when writing some of the third hangouts, including re-writing Hayneā€™s third hangout.

Iā€™ve gone through the game and the problem seems to be that the game doesnā€™t like male MCs romancing Hayneā€¦ though Hayne does prefer women, you can actually try to romance her as a male by going through a persuasion check. I wonder why itā€™s not showing upā€¦

Me and Ben are going through some of the reported errors and hopefully these will be fixed by the next update. If not, please remind me again. Sorry for the inconvenience :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Hey erm has the romance changed for hayne do you have to wait longer to persue the romance only had the one option to flirt and poof no more :thinking: ahh nvm just read the earlier response itā€™s a bug :joy:

1 Like

I found it easier to romance hayne tbh. Just buy her the gun, impress her in the shooting range, be friendly and oof sheā€™ll soften up. I forgot if the mc gets a kiss though, ever since that carline update sheā€™s the iā€™ve only set my eyes on :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

Glad to hear!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Iā€™ll be the first to crack open the champagne! :clinking_glasses:

Agreed. Personally as a Christian myself itā€™s interesting to play a game with this concept without the other theological aspects that become tricky very quickly.

4 Likes

Can I be a cop in the next one that makes a really bad cop joke and gets killed off after? I kid. :slight_smile: also have you considered patreon in the future? It seems to be the big phad and i know it ainā€™t easy writing without funding.

Also regarding guns and loadouts. I dont recommend this for this game but for future. I like the option to add accessories, but have you considered like an option to change guns before every mission? Like right before you leave, you have the option to change weapons? Shotgun might be more useful than an ar15 and vice versa. Zombie exodus did something like this but more simpler. I know coding is anus, so just food for thought.

P.s. happy holidays

3 Likes

I like a little bit of creative freedom when writing my game :sweat_smile:

Why not? :man_shrugging: If itā€™s a pun so horrible, you might deserve it :laughing:

I really have that floating around in my head numerous of times and yes, I do plan on making a patreon, but only after Iā€™m finish with this game. I still donā€™t know what the rules on that are in CoG so Iā€™m still not sure on how it is Iā€™m going to go about doing itā€¦

I am currently having financial issues, but thatā€™s pretty normal for me :laughing:

One thing I do plan on doing if I did have patreon, is to write short stories for the characters that are in the gameā€¦

That is a very nice way go about your missions, and I do plan on doing that in the next games. However, Zombie Exodus doesnā€™t have as much weapons as I doā€¦ so that is a problem for me to write for every single weapon possible, but then again, thatā€™s what ā€œ*gosub_sceneā€ is forā€¦

Happy holidays to all of you here! Thank you for such an amazing community!

I have absolutely now idea whatā€™s going on.

Iā€™ve gone through the game several times and was unable to repeat the problem. Is anyone else having this problem?
EDIT: Did you go through Rookā€™s hangout at all?

2 Likes

Ben, is this your doing? :two_hearts:

I do not have this issue btw.

Have you started a new private session and/or erased all cookies? Often corrupted data will spill over from prior sessions and cause one-of-a-kind bugs unless purged.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t , so I will try , thank you for the suggestion !
Edit : it worked ! Thank you very much! Now , I feel so dumb for not thinking of this earlier lol

3 Likes

Ben: How dare they accuse me of something I absolutely nothing to do withā€¦

ā€¦ Yes, yes it was his doing (Or lack thereof). It was a bug from a previous version of the game. But after looking through the game files, it seems that Rookā€™s hangout scene has yet to be updatedā€¦ That may possibly cause the problem.

Yup, if anyone else is having this problem, go ahead and try that :arrow_up:

Oh! Wellā€¦ good to know :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I just made this account and i donā€™t think iā€™ve ever been in a forum like this, so iā€™m quite nervous. But anyway, i just wanna say i really love this story, itā€™s really fun and i canā€™t wait for more!! I have a huge crush on Gabriel lmao and i have to ask, do i have to do anything special to trigger his romance or do i only have to rise his relationship stat?

4 Likes

If I remember correctly, Gabriel is an endgame romance. If you didnā€™t entered in a romantic relationship with other ROs by the end of the story and end up with a good amount of relationship with Gabriel, there will be a scene about it. Iā€™m not sure if this plan have been changed though but so far, that is the plan.

3 Likes

Wellā€¦ I have good news, and I have bad news.

Good news is, Iā€™m rewriting a whole bunch of stuff in the prologue, first, and third chapter, so that youā€™ll be able to romance Gabriel by the end of the third chapter.

Bad news is (Which is good news for me)ā€¦ I will be splitting the game in two, due to the ammount of work Iā€™ve put in, and the amount of work more Iā€™m going to have to put in if I were to finish this game within the yearā€¦

This is still true, the plan has not changed, in fact, itā€™s been pushed forward so that you will be able to start his romance (somewhat) by the end of Chapter 3!

Weā€™re still in conundrum as to what exactly we should do, so more news on the split later on.

17 Likes

You really spoil those who want to romance Gabriel so exciting to hear about it! :heart:

If it lessen the burden more, I wouldnā€™t mind getting two parts. :smiley:

7 Likes

It does, quite a lot actually. Iā€™d rather have a thought out and written game than a rushed oneā€¦

Though to be honest, I do feel rather rushed just for this one :laughing:

11 Likes

I had just start reading it and wow!!! It does have lots of branches and really require your patient writing to complete itā€¦
May i ask one thing? If we commit to a Romance Partner, it will lock other romance route right ?
For example, after i confess my love to Averlyne, even if i go out with carline, Anna and Alice ā€¦ their romance route will be lock from now on right :slight_smile:

1 Like

You donā€™t know the half of itā€¦

But thank you! Yes, this thing has been going on for 4 whole years now and I think itā€™s high time I just cut it as two parts so I donā€™t have to rush the other chapters.

Thatā€™s the plan. Though Hayneā€™s romance is somewhat broken (Will be fixed in the next update), once you romance a partner, you can no longer try to romance any other characters. Half the Romance options will berate you for cheating, the other half will dismember youā€¦

Except Kaz and Gabriel, theyā€™ll just say that theyā€™re very disappointedā€¦

3 Likes

I think Hayneā€™s romance should be most intriguingā€¦ i bought her the riffle , which i believe based on her history and unstable personality ā€¦ her romance route could be Wild ? Cheating on her could invite her to shoot me with the riffle i gift her ? :-):sweat_smile:

1 Like