BREACH: The Archangel Job - (Released! | Discussion) New Discord

I concur!

2 Likes

So, fella is derived from fellow. Lo and behold, here is the definition of fellow:image

3 Likes

If i remember correctly, thatā€™s pre-ww2/great depression-era slang. Iā€™ve seen movies where mobsters use that terminology.

1 Like

Not sure if I should be embarrassed to say that thatā€™s exactly where I got it from! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

No worries. I got this tidbit from listening to the triggermen from Fallout 4.

1 Like

Oh, and for whatever reason, I canā€™t do anything to my glockā€¦

idk why, though.

1 Like

And so Iā€™ve been using wrong my entire life :laughing:

As much as I loved Skinny Malone, the mobsters that you see in Breach are a bit more modern than those youā€™d see in the mafias of the early 1900s.

Hmmā€¦ Did you just recently buy your Glock?

2 Likes

Yeah, It was new. Sold the revolver I got from the church.

And, Iā€™ve found myself in a permanent death-like state:

So, the other picture that I had didnā€™t save correctly (itā€™s corrupted somehow), but I ended up getting shot in the neck at like 5% health. Then I healed Gabriel after the heist with my last medkit. And then I got shot by Rook, and Bishop. This image is during the car chase to Michaelā€™s parachute. Raquel and Mouseā€™s first aid did little. The next morning, through some divine miracle, I woke up.

I also noticed some strange bug with the damage system. I was shot in the neck, after rolling a 2 for a d20. I looked at my stats, 12.5% health. But upon re-entering the game, the roll displayed an 11 for the same d20 I rolled a 2 on, and instead of the neck, I was shot in the waist. To be clear, this is not the main roll where it says "Rolling d20 (x) + Accuracy (4)=(y). No, instead it was ā€œ(rolling d20, rolled 2) You are shot in the neck twiceā€

Hereā€™s an example: haha Iā€™m deleting these as they display my town name

I get that it looks suspicious, with there being a 20-second gap. Huh. Looking back I really need to update my firefox.

2 Likes

Youā€™ll need to keep your weapon for a bit longer until you can name them.

Hmmmā€¦ Well, even if your blood does go down to 0, if thereā€™s no other woundcheck script after that, youā€™re not going to pass out. Iā€™ll be sure to check what else is wrong with itā€¦

I think I may know what youā€™re talking about, and this is intentional.

When you go into the stat page and go back into the game, the dice re rolls every time the page reloads. I can easily fix this by adding a page_break after the role and before the result display to prevent cheating, but Iā€™m intentionally leaving this feature in because itā€™s very useful when testing out roll results. :laughing:

3 Likes

Yeah, I had my fun with it when I first discovered it for myself. Some of the stats were wild. -17 Incognito, -8 Agility, -6 Strengthā€¦ Before fighting Rook and Bishopā€¦ Or was it after? Either way, my character wasnā€™t supposed to survive the encounter.

1 Like

Hmmmā€¦ those penalties seem veryā€¦ disproportionate :sweat_smile:

I should probably tone those down a bit.

1 Like

I personally didnā€™t suffer any (major) difficulties from it, except for failing that skill check where we fall out of the windowā€¦ 20 timesā€¦ Then fighting the chess clubā€¦ And failing nearly every agility check (even with a perfect 20!). It became impossible to succeed in anything during that sequence, because no matter what I rolled, the roll requirement was a perfect 20.

1 Like

Ive been away for so long that rook has a protection squad that consists of fansā€¦

7 Likes

I never did collect on that favour Greg owes me. Sign me up!:writing_hand:

Thatā€™s understandable! As inseparable as they are, it would be teensy weird to have him there while Rook and MC are having a sweet little moment.

When you explain it like that mind = blown. Theyā€™re just such an odd pair but theyā€™re strangely well-matched too! We need a Rook & Bishop buddy-cop (or criminal) movie asap.

I donā€™t care what anyone says from here on out Iā€™m calling them Spiced Taco and Sweeto Burrito :laughing:

SOMEBODY SPARE THIS MAN HIS FEELINGS! Everything I say just makes it worse and as self-proclaimed President of the Rook Protection Squad that just ainā€™t right. I really need to stop getting behind the scenes infoā€¦itā€™s messing with my judgement.

Well I guess itā€™s time for Sweeto Burrito to lay down that sniper rifle and pick up that pen (or laptop) :wink:

1 Like

hey glad to see you are still working on the game havenā€™t been back to this forum in close to a year or 2 didnā€™t realize how big it got

1 Like

Ha, I donā€™t think @MichaelMaxwell realized how big the game would become

3 Likes

Iā€™ve decided that for the easy and very easy difficulties, all penalties are halved.

Iā€™m just as surprised as you areā€¦

Buddy cop movies are supposed to be about two people who donā€™t go well together. Rook and Bishop may likes to banter with one another. but as soon as the shooting starts, they work togetherā€¦ They may banter as they work together, but theyā€™ll work togetherā€¦ With deadly results.

Rook: Goddamn it, Max, look at what you've done...

Donā€™t tell me you donā€™t like it.

Rook: ...Fine
Bishop: I don't like it. I do not consent

Donā€™t worry, Rook can protect himself quite well :laughing: Recovering drug addicts are stronger with help, than they are aloneā€¦ No offense, Rook

Rook: Oh, no worries. I'm not recovering

ā€¦ You have given me a new story for a short story. :rofl:

I looked back at all the things thatā€™s been posted, and boy, this game is taking quite a long time to make. But finally, the end is nighā€¦

ā€¦ Iā€™ve set the expectation. I will not lower it, nor will I raise it. Iā€™ll do my best to meet it.

5 Likes

Is it possible to kill Bishop to, I already got Rook donā€™t need his friend coming back. Or did I kill Bishop when I shot him with the sniper?

1 Like

I donā€™t know. Since the MC didnā€™t have time to go and check it out, nor do they ever encounter Rook and Bishop again after that, we may never know :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I can't wait to read the romance between Rook and the MC.

That's nice of Rook to share his spot with Mouse. I changed it.:grin:

Even though he doesnā€™t know itā€™s supposed to be the other way around, I love how he's willing to protect a group of people himself; I know he would've given it his all.

Thank you.:heart:

I love it when these two are together.:joy:

Spiced Taco Sociopath? Sweeto Burrito Sociopath? :joy::ok_hand: Love it.

2 Likes