BREACH: The Archangel Job - (Released! | Discussion) New Discord

Quick grammatical error here.

1 Like

ayy lmao someone broke the game with the error weapon!

Reminds me of this happening in gmod:

godā€¦ the horrorā€¦

2 Likes

So, hereā€™s another collective of errors that Iā€™ve found. At least, I think theyā€™re errors.

Summary

Fire should be fires

Mirrors? Do you mean windows?

Collide should be collides

Dudeā€¦ I just rolled straight 4ā€™s on every skill checkā€¦ But Iā€™ll take your word for it.

Iā€™d remove few. Or if you want to keep few, add something like meters or yards and remove distance. idk, my take on that.

Everything? Maybe revise that. Replace it with like, the strap that heā€™s aiming at. Or remove ā€œeverythingā€

Breathe should be breath.

taste should be tastes

add an a after and, before single

trickles should be trickle, or the sentence should be ā€œbut you can sense as his confidence slowly trickles out of himā€, add an as after sense.

Should the empty gun message be here? idk, it just interrupts the flow for me a bit. If nothing here is wrong, ignore this.

burnt it all

Gabriel says

There are multiple cartels, right? If so, then this should be "So the cartels are running the show, are they?

For godā€™s sake

So he orders a sandwich and friesā€¦ and the worker asks if he wants fries with that?

oh, addendum:

I donā€™t have 2 jobs to do, just 1 is available.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, I was a tad bit busy out of town :sweat_smile:

As tempting as that sounds, Gabriel and Michael has their own thing going on after Breachā€¦

Rook can be quite the handful, but he can take care of himself. But hopefully, in Rookā€™s next hangout, you can see more of Bishop as you would of Rook. The two come hand in hand, so to speak :wink:

Rook:

To question that is to question his existence.

Heā€™s generally stubborn anyway. :laughing:

If the save data was from before the update, then Iā€™m sorry to say that it is no longer usable.

Fixed!

Oh god please, youā€™re giving me PTSD :laughing:

4 Likes

Fixed them!

The only problem is that the lock open script works perfectlyā€¦ on a revolver that shouldnā€™t lock open. :laughing:

Thatā€™sā€¦ the joke. :laughing: Perhaps I should change that. Iā€™ve actually had this happen in real life while I was ordering food.

Everything else is FIXED!

1 Like

Geez manā€¦ You work fastā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve finally created an account on the forum after playing over 10 COG games. This will be my very first time posting anything on the forum and I choose your WIP to do so because I just canā€™t contain the amount of joy I have for this masterpiece. I just wanted to say that I appreciate you and everybody else that have contributed so much time into this beautiful piece of work! I would have to jump into the Rook protection squad because I smile every time he came up. Canā€™t forget the badass baking machine Gabriel either. Your update was a pleasant surprise and if you had to ask about my reaction to the new ROs updates: omg

I canā€™t wait to see more amazing work from you and follow the updates until the big finish! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Awe! Thank you very much! I feel honored to be the first game you post in :sweat_smile: This game has taken quite a while to make, but hopefully it should be done soon.

Thank you! Itā€™s been quite the ride for us but with everyone elseā€™s help pitching in, and @Fonex helping out in some of the most desperate of times, and everyone in the forum sending feedbacks and reports, everything is going absolutely stellar! :smile:

Iā€™ve moved Rook up the priority list so his hangout should be coming soon.

Itā€™s the same reaction Iā€™ve had when I realized Iā€™m actually going to finish this game :laughing:

2 Likes

Well, itā€™s monday! time for another nitpicking!

Nitpicking stuff

Unreachable if condition
Chapter1A line 6036 and 6038
*if AllMenPair and *if AllGirlPair
I think you havenā€™t made a function to turn those values to true in the first place.

And you need to update those ā€œDiscuss this gameā€ link in the index file. Because it leads to inexsistent topic.

1 Like

missing spaceā€¦ FIXED

Missing script. Fixed!

Dashingdon thing, Fixed!

1 Like

I hope I could still play the matchmaker between Gabriel and Raquel eventhough Iā€™m romancing someone.
As much as intriguing Gabriel and Raquel are, Avelyne is still the only one that could melt my icy heart :grin:
And I really want to see them both together.

Welp, I could already feel lots of death stare from Gabriel and Raquel fans :running_man:

3 Likes

Keep your distance from Raquel pls.
InsecureAgedGemsbok-max-1mb

Jokes aside though, I thought they were a couple (-ish) before I learned that they were both romance options.

1 Like

When everyone keeps talking about how much they love Rook and you keep killing him.
2stvik

7 Likes

Thatā€™s alright! I hope it was a productive day!

download%20(4)
I donā€™t suppose I can offer MCā€™s services as a mediator?:worried:

Now thatā€™s a two-for-on special I wouldnā€™t mind having. :laughing: I kind of have trouble picturing either one of them on their own but then again, weā€™ve only ever seen them together!

Couldā€™ve saved me a lot of time if I knew my Knight-in-Shining-Armor drove a taco truck! :wink: MC has a new mission: keeping Rook in the friendzone. I mean beneath all the weirdness (and more weirdness), heā€™s so sweet and caring and stubborn and loyal and funny andā€¦ahem I hope Gabriel didnā€™t hear thatā€¦

If you ever gt around to that Rook story of yours, Iā€™d love to have this question answered :rofl:

Customer satisfaction rating: :100:

3 Likes

So Iā€™ve some plot spoilers here, for those who havenā€™t played through the first time meeting the Chess Club

Summary

I always feel bad after killing Rook, I keep thinking that the old woman that answers his phone for the hangout is his grandmother or something. Iā€™m blurring that in case thatā€™s true.

But I always play through the rooftop scene, and I wonder what happens to Bishop after we fire at him and pass the skill check. Do we kill him? Do we wound him?

2 Likes

I must be honest, Iā€™ve run out of ideas for Mouseā€™s hangout :laughing:

Iā€™m waiting on Ben to come up with some brilliant plan.

They were supposed to be a couple anyway, if the MC were to not date either of the two.

Rookā€™s the type of person that you either hate or love. If you hate him, then I shall give you the option to try and kill him. Otherwise, go ahead and hangout with him :laughing:

I suggest you buy some protective gear before you do so.

Unfortunately, Bishop wonā€™t be making an appearance in Rookā€™s Chapter 3 romance ending. That oneā€™s just him :sweat_smile:

But yes, Rook and Bishopā€™s dynamic complements one another pretty well, so well that if you just had Rook, heā€™d just be a crazed maniac with little sense of seriousness or reality. If you had Bishop all by himself youā€™d have an emotionless and sometimes heartless bland assassin.

Instead you have the Spiced Taco Sociopath and the Sweeto Burrito Sociopath. Together, theyā€™re Deranged Chess Assassins.

Rook: *Slams his forehead against the table* ... I'm fine *Smiles*

This is something not even Rook himself can answerā€¦ but maybe Bishop can. :thinking:

That is trueā€¦ Abuelita may not be related to Rook by blood, but she took him in when no one else would, and sheā€™s the only family Rook has left aside from his biological sister. who is in a mental institution

Youā€™ve made him severely reconsider his life choicesā€¦

8 Likes

So, errors/nitpicks/observations.

Summary

Oh, I really want to insult Rook now, Iā€™m too proud of that chess club joke. Unless itā€™s been made already.

Unnecessary comma after cartels.

goes should be go, remove comma

Capitalize cartels.

Stuff should be things, or the sentence should be ā€œI have some stuff I need you to doā€

should should be shoulder

Here, mouse is referred to as female ā€œRaquel stares at herā€. Mouse in my game is a dude, seen here:

yeah, itā€™s strange.

Iā€™d remove the first instance of going.

Iā€™d remove ā€œof aā€

Pull should be pulls

Unless mouse has multiple shirts in-hand, these should be this.

So, will dates remain the same? Or will you update them to present-day/near future?

Sofa should be sofas.

How come Iā€™ve never realized this? Do I lack basic detail perception? I mean, I knew about the whole joke where everyone called you Gabriel for a time. But wasnā€™t your profile pic purple once?

Using morbidly seems out of place here. Iā€™d use terribly, horribly, very, and other synonyms. Morbid means diseased (at least, form what Iā€™ve learned in my medical class), or an ā€œabnormal/unhealthy interest in death-related matters.ā€ but hey, do whatever.

I mean, this isnā€™t a big deal. But the term fella, indicative of male, followed by the ā€œfellaā€ being Sarah, confused me a bit. btw is this a Life is Strange reference? Iā€™ve never played, but some of the characters sound familiar.

Should be ā€œshe says angrilyā€

I wouldnā€™t say sheā€™s complaining it. Maybe recalling it? idk, complains seems like a strange choice of words.

Iā€™d add a comma after wait. but should it be there? hmmm. idk.

Uniform should be uniforms

Hop should be hops.

Add period after relief?

Soā€¦ about the elevators. At VAM Tower. The commercial elevator limit is 500 meters (Thanks for that insanely helpful factoid, physics class!), so why do we get onto a second elevator? Unless VAM tower has abnormal ceiling heights, causing it to be higher than 500 meters at 100 stories. Iā€™m sorry man Iā€™m just really focused on a construction test for my physics class. ignore this

Colonel should be capitalized, iirc. Proper noun. unless it isntā€¦

And this does it for tonight.

1 Like

Crack knuckles ā€¦ Letā€™s go.

As for what Iā€™ve written, I need it to stay the same.

Yes, once. But itā€™s mainly this colour.

But no, Gabrielā€™s mask is different than my smiley face.

ā€œMorbidly worried sickā€ is something Iā€™d say in real life. I donā€™t know if thatā€™s wrong but no oneā€™s said anything yet.

First off, I donā€™t know why I use the word ā€œfellaā€ to describe any person regardless of gender, so I may be using it wrongā€¦

Yes and no. Caulfield is the name of the protagonist, but thatā€™s where the similarities end.

I just liked the name.

As itā€™s been explained in the gameā€¦ There are two different types of floors in the tower. The normal floors, and the high security floors. The normal security elevators cannot stop at High security floors, and the high security floors only start at the 80th floor.

2 Likes

So Iā€™m from the American Midwest. Most around here (In the area I live in anyway) use it to indicate male individuals. It may be different elsewhere, though.

1 Like

Quickly butting in here! Iā€™ve never seen fella being used in reference to anyone but a male. And if Iā€™m not mistaken, ā€˜dameā€™ would be the female equivalent? Thereā€™s the word ā€˜broadā€™ as well but thatā€™s a bit old fashioned and a bitā€¦yeah.

2 Likes