BREACH: Chicago War Zone (WIP) (UPDATED! 26-August-2023)

I’m not sure exactly when it’ll be coming, but my assumption would be somewhere around December if nothing bad happens during production :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

Update 17 is now in private testing, and will be coming to the public link around the 20th of this month.

It consists mainly of the update for the Archangel route, finishing up Chapter 2 Part 2, adding some romance scenes, as well as some romance initiation for Michael. It finally adds Day 2 of the heist prep, and moves the previous ending to day 2.

Much love, and take care. :heart:

59 Likes

Bruh did you get in my head or something? That’s exactly what I was thinking when making my MC in the first Breach. Soon as I see the driver option I’m like “yeah definitely making this guy Ryan Gosling in Drive”. Someone who’s calm and unassuming most of the time, but capable of extreme violence when sufficiently provoked.

3 Likes

Damn December? That’s even longer than Fallen Hero’s update lol. No worries we can wait till then

1 Like

The main thing this makes me wonder is “How good is your baking?”

6 Likes

Not that great :sweat_smile:

I know, I’ve been bloating this game for awhile, I need to focus on actually finishing it. :sweat: :pray:

23 Likes

tumblr_abd55c92f2997ea4c691a9baf58af571_537232d4_400

23 Likes

I played the first game a couple of days ago and I enjoyed it so much that jump straight to the demo at 4 in the morning.

I finished my first pt romancing Gabriel as a vigilante, loyal to the Archangel. After various playthroughs I was pretty set on Gabriel as my main LI until I tried Rook’s romance and let me tell you… that man has me on a choke hold. He’s just so multilayered, funny, complex, sexy, sweet and the right amount of crazy.

I was a bit reluctant to try the FBI path in the first games because I felt so conflict about betraying the trio, my crew and leaving Rook behind but the angst… it’s so worth it.

And the FBI path on this demo? I can’t begin to tell you how much I love it. It’s so so good. It’s almost a complete different story with so much flavour and when Rook and Bishop showed up…my jaw drop to the floor and that sealed it for me (although Rook is more feral in this route for some reason):joy: all I need is my taco man and repay Michael for what he did to Mouse.

Aside from my personal vendetta, I live for the FBI task force (Mama Louise and Dr. Kartan my beloved). They’re all competent and the dynamic doesn’t feel forced, it just works really well. I also like that between the MC and the agents there’s this same level of skills and competency that I much prefer to having to tell the crew what to do at all time (it does feel a bit repetitive after a while). I don’t know how to explain it, but I feel like the FBI agents complement each other better than the crew does. I was also a bit done with the Trio secrecy and doing things just because, being able to find out more about them in this route is just refreshing. Can’t wait for more and for the FBI romance. Cas is also a very interesting character, didn’t care particularly about them in the AA path but in this one they definitely peek my interest.

25 Likes

I totally agree with you, especially the Demo Breach 2 - FBI route are soooooooo good. Cas and even Megan House are very interesting for Romance. Micheal Maxwell did a fantastic job with amazing story telling. If there is an Oscar for story telling for games, i will vote for Michael.

17 Likes

20230613_215200
Listen, the SCAR H is great…But the SCAR L tho.

14 Likes

Oh yeah the FBI crew feels all more mature and chill compared to the Achangel kids lol.

They’re more interesting in a way that’s more nuanced compared to the AA side, plus mc can just chill around with them instead of being their boss cause everyone takes a more cooperative role in their field rather than being given specific roles like the archangels.

8 Likes

The author really did a great job in creating compelling characters in both path and creating two very interesting narratives within the same story, both have their own appeal and I’m glad we can experience both.

2 Likes

I keep wanting to do an undercover route but lying and being a fed keeps giving me the ick :sob:

19 Likes

I feel your pain. I too feel a strong revulsion whenever I think about being a rat. I only fucks someone over like that if they did it first as a rule. Otherwise it just feels…wrong

8 Likes

Alright, alright. ALRIGHT.

Didnt touch the demo for a good while, went to it yesterday and today. I know its mentioned in this thread before, but how many parts are supposed to be in this from each faction?

Having gone back a played up to the newest update and seeing its at Ch.2 part 2 at 23(?)% Makes me curious as to if its just gonna…how do i ask without spoiling it. Is it going to just end after the thing that just happened to make us head out for the thing?

Now, aside from that! Are we gonna get a possible faction info/lore of what the different types of Ghosts are? Cause ya’ listed off like 4 with almost nada describing them.

And, i think i rememeber this from a previous question. But wasnt it mentioned that the MC could possibly go solo at some point?

3 Likes

Um… I don’t know how to answer with spoiling it…

I can say that Breach 2 will not have a huge cliff-hanger ending like Breach 1…

There will be a Breach 3, but I’ll be working on a different game after Breach 2, before jumping back to start and finish 3. I’ll be working on Afar: Mad World, the dark fantasy game. After that’s done, I’ll jump back to Breach and finish the trilogy once and for all.

The entire Breach 2 will have 4 chapters for each route. 2 parts for each chapter.

There is 1 chapter part dedicated to the independent route as well.

So in total, 8 chapters, with 2 chapter parts each plus 1 chapter part…

So, 17 total chapter parts…

Yes, the independent route is one of the endings for Breach 2, however, the current plan is to have it be locked for the 1st playthrough, you can only enter it from the FBI side and only after completing the game once (on any route)

Main intent, is for players to play the Archangel route first, then the FBI route, then the Independent route…

… but, please feel free to do whatever route suits your fancy :sweat_smile:

36 Likes

Oooooh, so theres still gonna be a bunch to do, after the latest current objective? Or at least 2 more chapters worth

1 Like

It will be nice if there are character description as recap in the game. It’s a bit hard to remember the characters’ specialty when choosing the crew, for example.

3 Likes

Yeah… I was hoping to be able to finish this last month, but, here it is.

Update 17 has been released! More than 30k worth of update, again, mostly continuing the Chapter 2 Part of the Archangel Route. There is no new content for the FBI route, or any of the hangouts.

You may play it on the link below.

Breach: Chicago War Zone (Updated)

DEVELOPMENT LOG#17.5 (20-June-2023)

(B2.1.1.23.06.20)

Alpha - 17

• Bug fixes, grammar fixes, life fixes, death fixes, everyone gets fixes!
  • Added the ability to visit Gregory’s store in Character Creation
  • C2P1 ARC: security barricade fixed
  • C2P2 ARC: continued to Day 2, added pizza
  • C2P2 ARC: moved previous ending forward
  • C2P2 ARC: added sardines (for all ROs)
  • C2P2 ARC: added Michael’s romance (1st draft)
  • C1P2 ARC: Gate work planning fixed

Alpha - 17.5

• C1P2 ARC: Gabriel romance choice fixed
  • Weapons Rework: Added weapon attachment status in the shop
  • Weapons Rework: Added remove all attachment option
  • Weapons Rework: Added weapon category and range variables
  • Weapons Rework: Fixed magazine bugs (Thank fuck)
  • Romance: Fixed Michael’s romance (2nd draft)

COMPLETED: Chapter 2 Part 2 of The AA branch (100%)

W.I.P.: Chapter 2 Part 2 of The FBI branch (25%)
W.I.P.: AA Hangout Part 1 (26%)
W.I.P.: AA Store system (85%)
W.I.P.: FBI Hangout Part 1 (23%)
W.I.P.: FBI Store system (65%)
W.I.P.: Stat screen upgrade (40%)

Word Count: 759,012 words including codes (Last update was 726,400)

Over 30k worth of new content. I’m sorry I’ve been so busy lately with quite a bunch of real life stuff happening, some good, some bad. I’ve been taking care of myself more often and letting my body and mind rest when I need it.

I’ve had people who are incredibly helpful in teaching me how to take better care of myself, and I am forever grateful of my Patreon and all the support everyone there has given me, most of them I feel it’s undeserved but I know I’ll do my best to work for it. I honestly would not be able to continue writing without it.

The update consists of a few romance scenes in the Archangel route for all the ROs as well as a new romance initiation for Michael. It also pushes the chapter into Day 2, moving the previous ending forward as well as adding a bit more to end off the chapter. There is currently no new content for the FBI route… That will be coming in the next update.

Thank you all for the support and patience you’ve given me, and thank you for those who’ve helped me with the bug fixing and reports!

Much love! :heart:

As always feel free to drop however many screenshot feedbacks you’d like, either here or in our Discord channel!

74 Likes

Just finished the Demo, pretty good just like the first one. The story feels pretty linear and is more suited to be an action video game or comic book than a regular story but I liked it.

I do feel that the MC is more of a side character to the Trio than a main one and that the romance is pretty weak but it was an enjoyable experience, linear and long but the action was nice.

I however will say that the “FBI path” is pretty boring as hang out with a bunch of new characters who you don’t really care about tbh, the “AA path” was pretty damn good.

4 Likes