BREACH: Chicago War Zone (WIP) (UPDATED! 26-August-2023)

Had to fight through a fever and a throat infection to get this done but, it’s DONE!

Update 16 has been released! Around 32k worth of update, mostly continuing the Chapter 2 Part of the Archangel Route. There is no new content for the FBI route, or any of the hangouts.

You may play it on the link below.

Breach: Chicago War Zone (Updated)

DEVELOPMENT LOG#16.5 (30-April-2023)

(B2.1.1.23.04.30)

Alpha - 16

• Added Bubblegum and Blueberry flavoured ice cream
  • Added new story-specific generic body armor (Token 11)
  • Added toilet armor (Rejoice!)
  • Rearranged armor token system
  • Continued Chapter 2 Part 2 of the AA branch
  • Buffed covert plate carrier to 70 FB protection

Alpha - 16.5

• Disabled Restart Chapter from Show Stats Screen
  • The Glorious Goods are back!
  • Added Tracy shop entrances
  • Unlocked all secondary weapon choices in the store

W.I.P.: Chapter 2 Part 2 of The AA branch (50%)
W.I.P.: Chapter 2 Part 2 of The FBI branch (23%)
W.I.P.: AA Hangout Part 1 (26%)
W.I.P.: AA Store system (85%)
W.I.P.: FBI Hangout Part 1 (23%)
W.I.P.: FBI Store system (65%)
W.I.P.: Stat screen upgrade (35%)

Word Count: 726,400 words including codes (Last update was 690,972)

35k worth of words, though most of it is a bunch of coding for the heist’s outline. There’s not a lot in this update unfortunately, I have been sick for over a week now, I feel like shit but at least it’s not COVID. At least, I don’t think it is. Tests are negative.

This update consists primarily of the continuation for Chapter 2 Part 2 of the Archangel route. There is no new content for the FBI route, nor is there anything new in the store aside from a few tweaks to the armor system. Also, The Glorious Goods section is now active.

Aside from that, I know I said I was gonna post a status update on the 15th but, yeah… missed that as well, I’m sorry. I tried working on the update as well as a short story but, apparently my brain can’t really do both anymore. As I’m ramping up update production to be at least once a month.

The private testing update was supposed to come out the 5th this month but, was pushed back to the 15th, and now to the 22nd. Thankfully I still manage to get the public update out this month.

Sorry for the delays, and thank you all for your patience.

Much love! <3

As always feel free to drop however many screenshot feedbacks you’d like, either here or in our Discord channel!

80 Likes

Thank you! I’m glad people are still playing this game and finding it on the forums! I know it’s a lot more active in the discord server but I do enjoy coming here to keep in touch with people and answer the questions.

I’m quite scared of the influx I might get when Breach 2 releases but, I’ve been focusing mainly on finishing this game so hopefully I should be prepared. :sweat_smile:

24 Likes

I just finished the update for the AA path and all I can say is holy shit

7 Likes

@MichaelMaxwell found this: Chapter2P2ARC line 5565: Non-existent variable ‘temp_mcstartedasfbi’

1 Like

1 Like

Just the reaction I was hoping for!

Found and fixed, hopefully. Hotfix has been uploaded

21 Likes

20221211_012709

2 Likes

Just got to the end of the demo. I swear if it’s the same fuck, no amount of electrical tape is gonna save him.

28 Likes

So I noticed everytime I try to change attachments on my guns the modifiers don’t reset. They just keep adding (or subtracting). Like if I change from a compensator to a suppressor and back again the accuracy modifiers will just add up to truly ridiculous level, same thing with damage values going down. Probably something worth looking into. I can just imagine my MC shooting with impossible accuracy but at the same time the damage is worse than nerf guns. Hilarious, but probably too game breaking

2 Likes

Is this for Breach 2? Because I can’t seem to get it to replicate this problem :sweat_smile:

If it’s for Breach 1, I think I’ve already fixed this for the next update

14 Likes

Just asking, are you already applied new RO in FBI route? Because i can only flirt with them not really romance them.

1 Like

Nope, they are not romanceable yet

8 Likes

Blockquote

It’s for Breach 2. When I view the numbers in the modifiers and penalty page that’s what happens. This is when I go to the shop pretty much near the end of the demo

1 Like

My man you need to take a break. I used to work 16 hours 6 days a week and you’re putting me to shame. Don’t burn yourself out and take care of yourself. Exhaustion is a hell of a mood killer, trust me.

But good work so far. I’m liking it a lot. The fbi route is pretty good. Looking forward to that more than aa route. My offer still applies from the previous game if you have any questions about law enforcement side don’t hesitate to ask. Until then, take care. o7

17 Likes

I need this soooo much

2 Likes

WHY!?! This… is cursed… CURSED!!! You need Call of Duty: Modern Warfare lore to add that in BREACH: Chicago War Zone

2 Likes

Odd question if being Gabriel is an option, is there any chance of getting the title of Michael?

1 Like

Aye, it seriously is, mostly spent the better part of my previous year organizing myself and getting back on track to pull out updates at least once a month and honestly, I’ve been getting better at it.

Though I will be taking my much needed breaks, don’t worry :sweat_smile:

Awesome! Thank you for the help you’ve given already :+1:

Unfortunately no, there is only one Michael of the U.S. Chapter. It is a Gabrielle role made specifically for him as per Gabriel’s request

20 Likes

Found a bug, sorry if its been mentioned already but when your in the prison and you choose to pick the lock on the security room door, it treats it as if you broke the lock and you have to barricade the door.

2 Likes

Hi all! I’m excited to announce that Breach: Chicago War Zone is Coming Soon on Steam! You can check it at the link below.
You can also add it to your wishlist—and we and the author both hope you will!

51 Likes