BREACH: Chicago War Zone (WIP) (UPDATED! 26-August-2023)

Noice! I’m glad you liked it. The plan is for you to get promoted to Gabriel a bit later

You meant Tumblr? I do havea tumblr, but I could not log into it XD

You’re welcome! I’m glad you enjoyed it!

I was hoping to copy the vibe of the jail break from the start of Breach 1, but larger, and more personal. I don’t know if I’ve succeeded in that, but I’m glad people have enjoyed it!

Also, don’t worry, Michael’s not going to torture you — at least not while Gabriel is around. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

20 Likes

Yes the break out was more personal and in a sense it makes us remember Breach 1 but this time it was more deep (longer too) and there was potential ally then your true ally. So yeah ! You did it !

About Michael… If he asks us how we are, I’m sure almos all players are gonna get an heart attack :joy: A nice way to torture us and no evidence after. Just saying !

5 Likes

The discord is active in terms of fanart and Max is there to answer questions, just fyi.

1 Like

Great revamping…I have some problems though

Typographical errors plus my sariel is male not female… Great story though

1 Like

If you want to you can create a new tumblr under a different name that way people who don’t have discord can send you asks for you to answer if you want to

1 Like

Oh boy… Now if I had time to read it would be even better!

1 Like

I haven’t done anything that would upset Michael. If anything, I tried to catch that guy (can’t remember what his name is), even though my fever was killing me. Can’t wait to see what our little chat will be about.

6 Likes

I don’t think Michael’s gonna harm us anyway… the cheat buffs practically make me a god in the game so I’m definitely not getting intimidated

9 Likes

Update was so cool! Replayed demo couple of times and I think I need to replay it again. And it’s good to see some of MC’s past. Also love the fact that crew’ll never forget to eat. Kinda miss my stolen melee fountain pen from Breach-1 though. Also Breach is one of my favourite cyoa-games ever, I’m super excited to see second part of it. Thank you!

11 Likes

Speaking of Cheat Codes, it would be kind of nice to have a $5 million variant in the first game as well.

3 Likes

Yeah case that’s where all the shopping is

3 Likes

OMG just finished the demo :joy: cant wait for the full game!

in the demo seems like more secrets need our Raphael to solve
almost (not)everyone knows who i am(who my real parents are?)except myself
i really like the words and jokes , they can make me happy and smile when i read the story
:sob:sorry my english is poor

8 Likes

Im glad theres more interaction with RO but please can you add more interaction with our Cat. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So, Breach 2 is based heavily on the transition between the focus on The trio, over to the MC taking center stage, rather than just being dragged along through the story.

I’ve asked in the Breach Discord server about this already, so if you’ve answered there, you don’t have to answer again here, or do so if you want, I’m not your mother. But I would like to know your opinions and feedback on three main points of the game. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1. Would you be alright with the MC speaking on their own outside of the choices given, compared to the MC staying silent and being observant in most other scenes?
  2. Do you feel as if some set piece are too bunched up with so much action that it gets confusing at times?
  3. Would you rather have the MC’s history be a mystery left to your headcanons, or do you like what I currently have set up in the demo, where you get to choose vaguely what your origins and backstories are?

Mainly, I’d like to know what works and what doesn’t for the game in it’s current state. Whether or not you like the game as it is, or if key aspects of the game and story requires any changes, removal, or addition, and as always with everything regarding Breach, I encourage nitpicking. :wink:

Found and fixed for the next update. And I’m glad you enjoyed it! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hmmmm, yeah I could definitely do that. Having to keep track of a lot of places can be a bit hard though, but I’ve seen a lot of Breach fanarts in Tumblr, some of them are truly incredible, I absolutely love them all… Which also reminds me, not everyone has Discord, which is why I’m the feedback request here as well as in Discord :sweat_smile:

Anco? If you didn’t manage to kill him, you’ll get another chance later on, don’t worry :wink:

Thank you so much! And don’t worry, you’ll get your fountain pen, and your any other weapon you finished Breach 1 with once the game releases and a full save game transfer is implemented.

I’m kinda scared that I might break something if I go back and add a new cheat code to B1, I have no idea how the cheat system work, that’s all Ben’s work.

You’ll be exploring more of the MC’s past and importance in Breach 2, don’t worry.

I don’t know why, I very often forget that the MC can have a cat… I am so sorry :joy:

30 Likes

Its okay. I still love the update, you did a great job.

3 Likes

it would be good to have the MC to speak more rather then just staying quite or observant but still having choice to just nod along or stay silent. Also i think you should add more option for the MC past rather then just leave it for our headcannons. (im sorry if this feedback sounds weird, my english is not good).

10 Likes

It’s really cool how it is…I want to get to know the MC’s full background…maybe even who their parents are if possible…also,yes I’d like the MC taking lead in more situations.
I’ve been wanting to ask,is there going to be a third book or is this the last one??

5 Likes

If we’re getting pushed to Gabriel in this game then if there’s a third one maybe we can end up as the Archangel Boss?

3 Likes

Doesn’t sound weird at all, it’s all good. I’m taking all feedback into consideration.

Breach will be a trilogy, I’ll be taking a break after B2 to work on another project (another short CoG game) but there will be a B3, and it will be the last in the franchise.

That being said, there are a lot of stories I have planned for this universe, so Breach is not the only series I plan on making. I have plans for games involving VAMcorp, set in the same universe, taking place a few years after Breach 3, might even have cameos from Breach, including the Breach MC.

Maybe… depends on how B2 goes.

27 Likes

Keeping in mind that I haven’t read the update yet:

I’m pretty sure I have given you feedback for the first game, about the MC being a bit too passive at times, while the other characters were talking and acting a lot, so I am definitely not against adding more dialogue.

The thing about having a customizable MC speaking without direct input is, of course, that the things they say have to be either fairly neutral, or based on the specific personality and prior choices of each reader’s MC, which is so much work.

If the MC is going to take more of a leader role, it is probably necessary for them to communicate more.

12 Likes