BREACH: Chicago War Zone (WIP) (UPDATED! 26-August-2023)

Damn bro, can’t catch a break. I’m sure everyone will be willing to be patient.

20 Likes

Oh man it sucks. Reminds me of my own mini apocalypse that destroyed most of my childhood photos and thesis (without backups!). Try to keep your spirits up and protecc the BREACH.

3 Likes

LPT: Always backup your theses to the cloud (OneDrive etc.). You can even use one of those online editing websites to do your thesis just to be on the safe side.

Had a friend whose cat knocked over a cup of tea over his laptop that apparently ruined months of data/work on a thesis while he had 2 weeks before due. Guy lost a lot of hair and weight over those two weeks.

12 Likes

So, will you be able to make a save for the first one and import it to Chicago?

1 Like

The save function only happens when the game is finished,it can’t be added to the demo

1 Like

Please make sure it’s super super super long, i absolutely love these two😂

One thing I’ve noticed during firefights and ect is that I’m unaware what the MC is doing

For example, i shoot someone or do X and then my team is doing everything while i feel like I’m just watching and doing nothing

Hope that helps with improvements

I’d also suggest to add more interactions with characters and more elaborative romance scenes

4 Likes

Hey @MichaelMaxwell really been enjoying the BREACH series, your work is appreciated.

Question: Will Gabriealle become a RO(Gabrieal’s Sister)?

5 Likes

They already said no

1 Like

A lot of the questions asked had already been asked previously so I’m glad people are answering them for me when I’m away :smile:

I have been investing in a continuous cloud system for backup for my whole Breach project backup, which takes up about 4 GB worth of data. Not much, but, still a lot.

Aye, that’s basically the main difference between writing Breach 1 and Breach 2, the MC gets a little bit more spotlight, I’m still working on improving my writing and lately I’ve noticed that I mumble write a bit too much and bloat my paragraphs.

Still have a lot to learn with writing.

Once Breach 2 is ready for release, yes.

Nope, sorry. Not for the Breach series. Maybe in other series.

20 Likes

I feel bad when I do my plays because I know there is all this dialogue written for the MC but my list of responses is always.

Say nothing.
Nod.
Glare.
Shrug.
Stare.
Do nothing.

“Yeah he doesn’t say much”

29 Likes

I’m actually surprised that I managed to finish this on time… wow. Alright, let’s do this.

WIP Update 14 has been released! Chapter 2 Part 2 for both routes have started all the way up to the first chance of a downtime. Though you can’t hangout with anyone, except for Hayne, you can now enjoy the limited shop for both the Archangel AND the FBI route, as well as the completed skill training feature.

You may play it on the link below.

Breach: Chicago War Zone (Updated)

DEVELOPMENT LOG#14 (10-February-2023)

(B2.1.1.23.01.22)

Alpha - 14

• Tons of bug fixes typos and grammar fixes
  • Added the ability to buy plasma cutter pre-hangout
  • Added ARC skills training and store (limited)
  • Added FBI skills training and store (very limited)
  • Fixed FBI armory not being free. (Everything should now be free)
  • Tweaked a few of the weapon’s descriptions to be available for both routes
  • Tweaked several weapon accessories token modifiers
  • Tweaked available accessories for the UTS-15
  • Added Flash Grenades
  • Added AR-10 Battle rifle (I know, I’m calling it one)
  • Added KSG-12 Shotgun
  • Added RPD Machine gun
  • Added AK-12 Assault rifle

Alpha - 14

• Added Chapter Part restart feature to Show Stats screen (Testing)
  • Added Settings tab to the Show Stats screen (Testing)
  • Added Cheats tab to the Show Stats screen (Testing)
  • Added Hayne’s 1st hangout

W.I.P.: Chapter 2 Part 2 of The AA branch (23%)
W.I.P.: Chapter 2 Part 2 of The FBI branch (23%)
W.I.P.: AA Hangout (9%)
W.I.P.: AA Store system (60%)
W.I.P.: FBI Hangout (9%)
W.I.P.: FBI Store system (50%)
W.I.P.: Stat screen upgrade (30%)
COMPLETED: Chapter 2 Part 1 of The AA branch (100%)
COMPLETED: Chapter 2 Part 1 of The FBI branch (100%)

Word Count: 656,856 words including codes (Last update was 637,822)

The private testing for this was uploaded last month so technically I managed to get an update out once month but still… it was quite a delay and I’m terribly sorry.

For those who don’t know, I had a horrible setback in which my computer’s hard drive decided to bork itself and I had to reinstall windows. I lost a small number of data but it took me some time to rebuild my database and retrieve data from my corrupted hard drive. Thankfully, Breach itself is saved due to the number of backups I’ve made and the precaution of having multiple copies on different hard drives.

More detail on the situation on my tumblr if you want to see the exact problem I was having.

But, all of that is past now and though I am still building up everything again, I was able to get my workspace back in order and thankfully, I’ve managed to finish this damn update before the end of the month for private testing, and added a few things for the public update.

The update also consists some scenes for the ARC route where if you choose to do the prep work for the grate work or wall work in the tunnels under the bank, as well as some new scenes for the FBI route where if you let Greg escape during the raid, he’ll want to meet with you and he’ll give you some secrets about the trio.

I’m sorry it’s taken so long, and thank you for being so patient. It’s not a huge update, but it features the shop and the skill training system in-game where you can buy and change your gear however you wish, though the FBI armoury is quite limited for now.

Thank you all for your patience.

Much love! :heart:

As always feel free to drop however many screenshot feedbacks you’d like, either here or in our Discord channel!

Link to the tumblr post for this update

78 Likes

20221211_012709
AYO AK12!

11 Likes

If it shoots 7.62x51 and isn’t a DMR or a GPMG it’s a battle rifle, and I’ll roll d20 to anyone who disagrees.

11 Likes

Ok, so…hear me out.

18 Likes

I… was gonna say, the CZ Scorpion will be in the game already but… my god, what have you done… why?

24 Likes

Simply “switching guns is faster than reloading” taken to it’s clearly logical conclusion. If you want, you can slap some electrical tape on it and make it the bad guy ghost’s primary weapon.

3 Likes

Okay, if we’re throwing things out there, can we have this?

Because every MC needs a 4 gauge shotgun… excuse me, 4 guage

9 Likes

is this possible to use ?

1 Like

So there’s actually something I’ve always wondered. If I’m remembering correctly, Kaz in the 1st game was a shotgun guy but now he’s an smg guy(Tho I will say, he’s got good taste in smgs. The Vector? Chef’s kiss I love that gun). Why is that?

1 Like

If I remember correctly, if you follow his “side quest” by going with him in your free time he gets it in the end and it becomes his primary weapon

8 Likes