BREACH: Chicago War Zone (WIP) (UPDATED! 26-August-2023)

Here are some more Grammatical errors I found:

Should be:
Over his shoulder (Since I had Kaz as my Ramiel)
and
They stop to take cover behind a concrete bench and mailbox and shoot back, but Gabriel’s powerful .308 rounds slams straight through their mailbox cover and turning their concrete bench into deadly shrapnel.

Should be:
The room is so cluttered and messy

Should be:
and watch as after every turn the cars chasing you get farther and farther away. (Remove the are)

Should be:
and turning over on its side, the other cartel soldiers get thrown off to the side out of view behind the pickup truck.
and
A plume of smoke from multiple engines covers the scene

Should be:
his hand shaking as he holds (or aims) his pistol at your head
and
The two of you stare each other down, you see his eyes, exhausted and afraid.

Should be:
You walk over, and as you get closer, you start to hear (or overhear) the ambient chatter of people moving around and talking from down below.

Will continue this, I have a bit more to share.

3 Likes

Cont.

Should be:
For the first time, you spot the horizontal scar along the side of her neck.
and
her fingernails dig into you as she quietly nuzzles onto (or into?) your mask, lifting it for a moment and kissing your cheek.

Should be:
You see one that runs along from the top of her right eye and down to her (though the is fine, her I think sounds better), mostly hidden behind her (the is also fine, her sounds better, I believe.) mask.
and
but most notably, a faded gunshot wound on the top left of her forehead
Sidenote: She gives me some Lady Dimitrescu vibes.

Should be:
you and my brother have pissed off the Hornet’s nest from here all the way to South America

Could be:
For fucks sake (Sorry if this seems a bit of a pedantic one)

Could be:
It’s the sapphire necklace you looted from Rocco’s jewelry store during The Velvet Cuts Heist
and
I found it in a jewelry store downtown, Velvet Cuts (though keeping The is also fine)
and
Middle Eastern desert

Should be:
Uriel and Sariel are also apparently wounded.
and
Your body’s quite numb and tired, but at least you’ve been healed by Raquel back at that vet clinic (forgot to highlight it, though you don’t need to change it).

Should be:
You can see the stairs that leads Into the basement, but Mouse tells you that there are no available CCTV feeds from the basement

Should be:
Our friends in The Corp have agreed to delay them, but only for a couple of days.

Could be:
Both Michael and Gabriel turn to him and stare for a few seconds before Gabriel finally answers

Should be:
You and Mouse, along with Anna and Kaz, make your way to one of the most inconspicuous flower vans you’ve ever seen.

Should be:
After double-checking with Gabriel through your phone, sending him a picture of the warehouse, he confirms it.

Should be:
The sound isn’t that loud and you hope that there’s no one on the other side of this door.

Could be:
"How big of a crowd are we talking about? or How many people in the crowd are we talking about?
And
Around 18 civilians in the morning.

Should be:
Okay, with the guards covered (because there are multiple guards).

Should be:
We won’t have much of a time window, and we’re definitely not ready yet, but neither are (or is) The Outfit.

Should be:
Voldy and his crew are going back to New York tomorrow
and
We need to have The Don think that we’re retreating, so we’re having as much Archangels leave as possible (or Archangels as possible, leave).

And that’s the last of 'em. Sorry if these might seem really nit-picky and/or pedantic, but improper grammar can be rather annoying and immersion breaking sometimes.

3 Likes

Probably so, or Max is leading us on and Gabriel isn’t actually 31 but rather he is the actual archangel Gabriel and that’s why he just continues on surviving.

P.s. ignore all those edits, I just can’t seem to english

13 Likes

One thing i noticed a lot at the criminal path is at how much people tell the mc how much “potential” they have, can’t help but feel a little pissed at that lmao.

I feel like MC’s often being seen as some kind of coal that needs to pressurized into diamond, and now they have to deal with a bunch of expectations made by the people who sort of forced the role onto them (and suddenly gabriel’s planning to turn mc to become a gabriel-what?)

I thought being a criminal was about not needing to prove anything to anyone, being able to be free and unbound as a person and all that kind of jazz :kissing:. At some points the criminal route actually feels more suffocating than the fbi one :sweat_smile:.

Will it be possible to turncoat in the archangel path? Or will mc be atleast able to express their opinion or question at the constant mention of proving themselves and their potential?

3 Likes

Yeeeeees, let us lash out just once screaming: “stop pressuring me”

3 Likes

@MichaelMaxwell Have you ever considered adding a former police cruiser for the player to buy for heists? Obviously I’m talking something based off the Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor. I’m currently playing the game Wreckfest and my car of choice is a custom 2010 P7B variant retrofitted for derby racing. I put a 440 V8 engine in it and it’s ferocity combined with it’s look made me realize how well it would fit in the game, specifically someone taking the undercover FBI route. They would literally be driving a former police car. I just love the potential under-the-nose irony, as well.

6 Likes

It’s got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it’s got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It’s a model made before catalytic converters so it’ll run good on regular gas.

2 Likes

Exactly, on top of being a sleeper because of the 440, which is the monster variant way more powerful than the small 4.6 V8s present in common models.

Here’s a better look at my car during a tarmac banger race. Track was wild and the crashes were aplenty.

This game has one beautiful photo mode.

I figure the derby setup would be fitting for a heist setup.

4 Likes

Very sorry for the long absence, there was quite a few things I needed to work over and it’s been a rather busy change of month :sweat_smile:

Found and fixed all of them! I hope…

That… is a very good find, thank you XD

How do you mean?

That is the plan yes, I’m slowly getting to that point where the MC will have more situational awareness than the trio or Reville and Salazar. I’m slowly integrating it into the sorta new dialogue system.

If you chose to upgrade the car, you cannot use Sariel for other tasks.

… My god, I keep forgetting the MC has a cat.

There’s so many unfinished floating labels in the workshop text file that I completely forgot to put in, I’m very sorry :sweat:

Breach 1 actually has a kill counter intergrated into the game, but I never quite finished it since after the first few kills, it became incredibly tedious and in some scenes, this will actually sort of spoil a few scenes where the scene plays out in a way that you think you’ve killed someone, but you actually didn’t.

I’m discussing this further with my partner to see if there’s anything else we could do about it.

Yes, yes it will be brought up in the FBI route as, some time in the future, you will have to confront them again.

And yes, you may be able to switch sides again, or possibly even decide to not pick any side. Though it will be a bit hard, you will be on your own, maybe with a few friends if you’ve made allies along the way.

Yeah, this wasn’t intended at all but, I definitely agree. :sweat_smile: I did rewrite a bit of the scenes because it isn’t exactly true to her personality.

Don’t worry, I asked for people to nitpick the game :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Mood…

There’s very little instances where anyone has any right to set expectations upon you. At the end of the day, you can figure out what you want to be, on your own.

There Archangel route is setting you up for a certain outcome, but you don’t have to accept it, hell you don’t even have to live up to it. Your potential is true, other people can shape that potential into something they want to see, but it’s still your potential.

Yes. What’s the point of following without question?

Yes actually :joy:

The Crown Vic is actually supposed to be the default vehicle for the party, The Fort King Corona (Yes, that’s the name, I named it before the outbreak…) but I decided to make it the van, for some reason.

Yes but, can it jump a draw bridge?

Also, that would be a good car for Charlie’s hangout where you drive through a mall.

17 Likes

I loved the stuttering from Gabriel when the MC thell “Anything for you”. He is not on point for flirting hé, hé. The option for the night is grey out but it sells dream !

I thought ther would be more tension when meeting Gabrielle. Oh when we choose a member of the trio, or at least her brother, wouldn’t it be more interesting to have a special phrase about the relationship with this member ?

As usual I still want more about the MC’s parents and about the crazy stalker inside Gabriel. There is definitely paranoia here but one we can understand.

Since here was a nice referece to the blue saphir pendant I hope we’ll have more reference to the first game. I thought it was a nice reminder of our first play.

About the plan for the future heist it was nice but I still think I miss a detail. If I remember I’ll let a message on the forum or discord. I just don’t know what makes me tilt. I’ll come back on that.

Thanks for the demo I had a great time playing it !

10 Likes

Beautiful. I love where this is going, the only ones here handing out crowns to MC is MC themselves :crown:.

I’m also really curious here, since there’s special dialogue for informant MC with gabriel, when confronting him on the other side, will we be able to say something something like “I chose to love you, i didn’t choose to join the archangels” (cough deleting our records and getting us chased by the fbi in the first place, etc cough all done without asking cough)?

Ik it’s a bit of a dramatic and ambitous question, demo’s only till 2 chapters so we might not even get to do so yet, but i can’t help but be bashfully curious over the romance outcomes :point_right::point_left:

3 Likes

Maybe, most likely, there isn’t really anything solid yet, but that path will be available somewhere near the end of Breach 2, and will be it’s own branch in Breach 3… so… yeah.

You’ll be meeting Gabrielle again later in the game, in which she will comment without judgement about your choice of romance, or lack thereof… maybe with a bit of judgement if you do romance her brother.

26 Likes

And as a result of Gabriel most likely not telling her about the relationship, she will german suplex him into the ground.

6 Likes

Take the catalytic converters out (if we’re talking a newer model), put in a canyon racing air filter, drag tune the car, and get the supercharged big block V8, and I’ll make Queen Victoria fly.

…Damn, that’s such a Voldy quote. :joy:

Ah, I sense a Dawn of The Dead scene coming…but way cooler.

…You kill me, mate. :joy:

If you do put it in, I’ll be playing a Driver character instead of my classic gunner, that’s for sure.

Wait, Voldy’s '70 Charger never made an official appearance, did it? :eyes:

…If you’re ever doing that, feel free to use Bandit instead. Along with his cat, you would literally have Smokey And The Bandit, baby!

20210606_015515

Woo!

…I’m sorry my reference was better.

2 Likes

I got to say, this is awesome stuff. I do have a question though. Will the demo be expanded somewhat? The Archangel demo ending almost gave me a heart attack.

2 Likes

Queuing: Herbert Chappell - The Gonk

2 Likes

Cliffhanger, I am so hooked on ur fishing poll. :scream: I love the first Breach, the Archangel gang so annoying and funny at the same time. Can’t wait, u got my vote, I don’t mind spend on good read and replay value. I somehow didn’t even try to be the FBI crew, due to Archangel crew so mess up funny. Keep it up. Love it.

1 Like

I don’t know how I didn’t ask this…ever think of a street racing hangout?

1 Like

Like with Charley in Book 1? It sorta was a street race, 2 of them, actually

1 Like