Blood Legacies (UPDATE 17/02/24| New Demo | 59k words)

Well, it’s a fantasy world. The fact that you consider tolerance toward nonbinary identities to be less believable than, say, magic, says more about your own beliefs about such identities than it does about the game.

While it’s definitely true that the more specific terms for nonbinary people are reasonably recent, people who haven’t fit into the neat gender binary have always existed. The West may have been more puritanical in its response to such people, so the earliest Western example I know of was born in the 1750s; most medieval nb people would have lived as binary cis or trans individuals, or would have switched presentation at their own discretion. (One such individual was actually forced by the court to wear a mixture of masculine and feminine clothing, and that was back in the 1620s.) And while the first neopronoun was invented in the 1880s (not a typo), singular they/them dates back to the 14th century, only about a hundred years after plural they/them was first used.

And that’s just in the Christian West. Many non-Western cultures have had “third genders” for centuries, if not millennia. The most famous of these are probably the various Native American two-spirit people, but similar identities are found all around the world.

Claiming that it’s “unrealistic” for a non-Christian fantasy setting to recognise nonbinary people shows a pretty clear lack of understanding of actual nonbinary history.

22 Likes

The Public Universal Friend? :smile: A very interesting person!

And much the same time the use of “you” for (formal) singular usage was just starting to spread!

Yep, so it’s definitely not “neo western ideology,” but rather something that’s just a part of normal human cultural possibilities. If anything, rigidity about gender is more a Western thing than it is many other cultures.

Plus, unless we’re to assume the characters are actually speaking English all along, everything we’re reading is a matter of translation anyway. (Lots of languages don’t even have gendered pronouns!)

5 Likes

A lot of people who are fanatics will say being gay, bi, trasns, nb, etc, isn’t natural. The ancient greeks were commonly bi and who know how many were nb. Its insane how after ancient greece and rome were destroyed we de devoloped in that part in most of the world.

4 Likes

Update 24/September/22
small update.
Changed scenes from the beginning.
•Scenes with Eleazar
•New scenes with Elia
•Some small dialogues were added as well and new choices.
15/september
•Scenes with werewolfs ,part 1
•Option to choose Hayden’s gender.

I take a long time to post updates, I know. Sorry for that, I’ll try to update faster. I’m already finishing the new scenes and their codes, because yes, I’m taking a little longer than expected because I’m going to add more scenes at the beginning, preferably in the academy, but with scenes with Hayden, Cecilia and Tyler and with your creature too. What I added just now is just a polish, I changed the beginning a little bit and added the scene where you buy your creature, in addition to some new dialogues and actions too. (There’s a scene with Cecilia I haven’t finished yet, but it will be added tomorrow, or today.)

The next update will be the complete one, all scenes finished and routes. I had some creative blocks but it passed. The scenes with tyler, Elia, Caio, Cecília and Hayden are almost all finished, I just need a little bit for me to post everything.

22 Likes

Is there a way to change Hayden Elkar from a Nb to a female or an option 2.

3 Likes

Take your time, after all you can’t rush perfection :sparkles: :ok_hand: :heart:
images - 2022-09-15T074404.377

5 Likes

I planned to do this from the beginning, but I changed my mind and then I changed it again, so in the next update I will add this option for Hayden.

*15/september

I just added, there may be some pronoun error somewhere but if there is, just let me know that I will correct.

6 Likes

Thanks for the patience😁

4 Likes

When we meet Hayden, the option to get up alone produces an error just like when we say Eddor is guilty for the five lives lost.

1 Like

This is already resolved, about the choice with Eddor, this is yet to be added, is that I forgot to put that this work in progress, but it should be added soon.
probably even today, since I’m almost finishing this scene.

3 Likes

Update as quickly as you are comfortable with.

3 Likes

the scene has already been added, part 1 of it, the second part will be added along with the rest of the chapter

2 Likes

When we are with Caio, it’s saying something like that “gentle doesn’t exist”, is that normal or maybe it will come later ?

This was a variable error actually, it’s just that I changed the stat variables, don’t worry, it’s fixed now.

3 Likes

Pretty much every time Cecilia speaks about my female MC she uses the wrong female pronoun (“I’ll go with she!” Instead of the proper “I’ll go with her”)

Perfectly understandable translation error in a WIP! But it breaks the immersion quite a bit.

She is the subjective pronoun for females, to be used when the woman being discussed is the subject of the sentence. To stick with the example I’ve already used, “I’ll go with ____!” The subject there is the one speaking, the “I”
So the one being followed would be the object of the sentence, making the correct pronoun “her”

For a few more examples

She(He):
“She felt tired”
“That is what she asked for”
“She offered me a ride”
" Can she handle that?"

Her(His):
“Her dog kept barking”
“This is her house!”
“When is her birthday?”
“Her voice is unique”

And both!:

“She took her kid to the park”
“She is going to get her hair cut”
“Her home is the only place she feels safe”

(I really hope this whole thing comes off as constructive and helpful, i swear thats my intention! I’m sorry if i came off as condescending :confused: )

5 Likes

No problem, it’s good that you guys let me know about these errors. And sorry about that.
The variable that I use to put the pronouns are similar, I try not to get confused with that but I think that as you showed there, I missed these errors. It already happened before I put the wrong variable. Thanks for letting me know, I’ll fix it right now.

8 Likes

Is there any notable progress?

1 Like

yes, in fact, there’s only one scene left to finish and in a few days, maybe tomorrow or later, the new update will be posted with all the routes of the first chapter complete.:grin:

8 Likes

Thank you for that since i plan on romancing them make things much simpler.

2 Likes