Blood For Poppies (Public Beta Test Now Live! Game Complete! 10/9/20)

It’s great to see this back, it’s been so long! :smile: Best of luck!

I have long hoped you would return to the story. If you need any help please let me know. :slight_smile:

Oh my! This game was one of the first wips i played, and i have very fond memories of it.
I thought that it is lost forever, it’s very nice to see it back. Although i admit i played it mostly for the romances part :blush: and then the mystery caught my curiosity.

YAS! Best.news.ever!!

Your ideas are so creative and I absolutely love the way your write. This is just so awesome. (≧ᗊ≦*) Good luck and welcome back!

OH MY GO

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA you have no idea how much you inspired me and my writing and paintings over such a long time! it’s a joy! a total joy!

5 Likes

@Nocturnal_Stillness
Thank you! :blush: I’ll let you know if I need help. When I returned I was pleasantly surprised to see Unnatural is now a completed hosted game. I plan to download it to my phone and give it another go. It’s been so long.

@Bagelthief
I remember you as one of my best cheerleaders! :smiley: I’m very happy to hear that I inspire you! It’s admittedly odd to hear such a thing considering that I struggle to even get a sentence out sometimes. Feel free to PM me links to some of your writing and paintings. You’ve been such a great supporter that I’d like to return the favor.

@everyone

I truly appreciate all of the well wishes. Next time I post I hope to have some actual content for people to dig into and play. I’ll let everyone know when the code overhaul is complete. I imagine the code overhaul will also include polishing up the writing and making it oh so pretty. And then I’ll start getting back to the story.

8 Likes

This was (and now is again) my favorite WIP. Glad you are developing it.

2 Likes

just finished playing and really like it :slight_smile: too early for more detailed critique but looking forward to more.

Oh my goodness I am literally overjoyed right now! This was one of the first WiPs I’ve ever played and I adored it to death! I’m so happy it’s coming back and I wish you the best of luck on working on it!

1 Like

You probably don’t remember me but I just got resurrected and this was the first thing that caught my eye. So glad to see you back, and I look forward to the update!
:smiley:

1 Like

Also, so everyone doesn’t have to dig around for the newest link, I believe this is it?

5 Likes

!! Thank you! I’d been playing the first link in the OP and thought ‘oh neat idea’ but having seen that update am like ‘omgggggg cannot wait for more.’

Great story, glad to hear it’s being revived! :smiley:

Phoenix rises from the Ashes.

Good Luck.

Line 62 increasing indent not allowed expected 1 was 2

@seabean
Thanks for digging through and finding that link. I’m not certain myself whether it’s the latest link or not, but it seems to be. I’ll update the first post soon with the newest link I have in my public folder on dropbox.

@faewkless
Thank you! Hopefully I can squish all bugs like that under my mighty boot.

@Nocturnal_Stillness is even kind enough to offer his help, and he’s a better coder than myself. I’m pretty excited to see where this goes. Yesterday I opened up the old scene files and started work. Thankfully there are actually only 50 scene files I need to consolidate and not 100.

For the record the link is “play at your own risk.” I’m sure there are a great many errors in it that will be addressed in the overhaul. There are most definitely bugs and writing that needs to be edited and etc etc etc. Most likely any bugs you find will be corrected by the time I’ve fixed everything up.

On a lighter note I’ve found some some concept art @Pale_Strider did before he disappeared (sniff). I’ll probably integrate it into the game as an extra at the end or something. I miss @Pale_Strider. His art really fit the “mood” of BfP for me. His art adds a lot of character to it, and if he was still around I’d throw more money at him to draw.

3 Likes

@Pale_Syrider did a lot of artwork for one of my games. He is awesome, but sad he faded from sight.

So if we find a bug would you like us to report it or just leave it be since you’ll probably find it?

@alliebee

My preference is that bugs and such not be reported, as they likely won’t be relevant. However, I don’t want to be a monster and say “DON’T CRITICIZE MY GAME,” and if a bug is reported I’ll be appreciative, but at the moment any bugs reported will likely soon be irrelevant.

Although I’m likely to catch story, plot and writing issues as I go (I wrote the game back in 2012, and so it’s pretty easy for me to edit my work), those are less likely to be made irrelevant by the overhaul because, hey, I might miss something.

What actually might be pretty useful is if people let me know things they’d like to see before I start writing/planning the next part. I don’t guarantee everything people suggest will make it into the actual game (I’m going to do what I think is best for the story), but I do consider what people say. What kind of endings do players want? Which characters do they want to interact with more? What questions do they want answered?

2 Likes

So happy you’re back! This is one of the wips I thoroughly enjoyed when I first joined the forum, so I’m very ecstatic now that it’s resuming! Good luck!

Aaaaah! I really, really liked the concept for this game, and was really sad when it was dropped, I can’t wait to see more!