Blood and Steel (WiP) (Updated 11th of September)

You’ll have to defeat him to get the best answer, but that is near impossible.
For the notice he has two arms.

Well that’s what i am doing then (i completed Hotline Miami 1 and 2 without breaking my PC, that’s a near Impossible achievement so i guess that if i keep trying i can do It xD)

1 Like

If you keep trying, yeah, but you need 2 traits I believe and then THE real fight starts once he gets his other arm into the fight, then the results are entirely random.

Ok thanks for the tips.

1 Like

Any success? Or do you want an easy difficulty mode?
:smile:

Don’t worry, i’ll manage with what you provided i just didn’t started yet. I’m just lazy is all.

1 Like

That is understandable. So am I. I’m still writing the archery competition.
:thinking:

Done with archery. Time for jousting!
And another poll…

What’s your next plan after or during the tournament?

• Acquire Jacob’s Company to potentially carve an opening in the enemy cities.
  • Ally with House Koper to siege Ravenwharf and cut off supplies from the King’s army.
  • Make Dander trust you enough to ally with you directly, giving you much wealth and lots of men to siege Ravenwharf.
  • Try to attempt all of the above.
  • Don’t ally with anyone; you’ll figure something out eventually after the tournament.

0 voters

3 Likes

If the mc can get enough allies and convince them to wreak havoc in different parts of the realm maybe that will make the king divide his forces and leave the capital defenseless or leave a skeleton of an army to defend it

2 Likes

But you’re not considering the fact that the King is not even mobilized to wage war on you: if you ask around with spymasters, most will say he’s busy dealing with mountain tribes. It’s true. The tribes can barely survive up in there, and are still considered a region of Ezaelia though with no support from the monarch. It’s cold and no animals made for hunting can be seen. Those in the mountains can barely survive the cold, let alone hunger: they’re forced to raid regions rich and warm to somehow survive.
The King, so far, has absolutely no interest in you nor does he consider you a threat. Though, taking Ravenwharf will certainly snap him into reality. If it weren’t for those tribes though, the MC would never had the time to prepare and your long-time unseen rival would kill you before your adventure even started.

1 Like

But what confuses me the most, the MC’s father was a Duke right? ( because at the beginning of the game one of the peasants call you “your Grace”) how can the king simply kill a Duke ( which is just below royalty BTW ) without the other vassals getting scared for their lives and rebelling against him, and for no reason whatsoever especially when a king promises to uphold his vassal’s rights

1 Like

Well, this is how it went down:
Kenvalar, the King, is not a rightful one. He never ascended by bloodrights. Through intrigue, bribe and then the size of his army he murdered his way to the throne. It was not as chaotic as you’d think: most nobles were already on his side so not much bloodshed took place. Your father didn’t recognize him as true king and fended his attacks off for multiple years until his army ran dry and was forced to bend the knee. (Thus is the reason the King sends a man to collect taxes when the MC is a child).
However, not many years had passed as many nobles found the King a war-monger and wanted to replace him. Lord Eden and many others, under unified forces, came to clash many times with the King’s army. Kenvalar was beaten back and his army broken multiple times, though, with his wealth, he restored it all until he was able to corner the unified freedom fighters and cut them down. Some lords escaped and swore fealty to the King, others died.

As your MC never swears fealty to him, the King CONSIDERS your entire dynasty traitors until the ruler of your house (you, or your child, or the offspring) bends the knee. Of course, that doesn’t make Kenvalar right in any way as they were fighting to replace him and get a rightful king. However, most nobles are now in fear instead of respect: if previously they admired the King, now they all cower from his army power.

4 Likes

You should include that in the next update since a lot of players will be confused

1 Like

I thought it was clear Quarens were always hostile though. It is never explained that your father rebelled at the end but I left that to the player to figure out.
Additional info’s in the game’s guide about House Quaren.

1 Like

But they wouldn’t come to collect taxes from the MC’s father unless he was a vassal right ? Or did the king do this to all rebellious houses, as in making them pay for the costs of war

1 Like

During the MC’s childhood, Eden was a vassal. Once he/she becomes of certain age though, the MC hears about Eden’s death. So, Eden did rebel after the MC’s birth, but he was just defending his house before the MC’s birth. And yes, the King demanded more pay to those who didn’t submit right away.

1 Like

Attempting all of the above will be hard, but definitely not impossible. Acquiring Jacob’s Company is the easiest of them all, assuming you fulfill your end of the bargain. You can ally with House Koper easily too, if he sees you’re a worthy opponent. (First thing to impress him should be to win the siege fight). Dander’s entirely different. It will be hard to make him an ally since I’ll probably make it so that you’ll have to save his life for him to trust you.
Yeah, the new achievement’s related.

@N1GHTMAR3

As we’re on the subject of allies: what exactly is House Koper’s relationship with House Quaren?

Also, what exactly is Ravenwharf? A city, a fortress, what is it exactly?

On a related note: if we’re sieging it, could we lead the forlorn hope? That would send a message to enemies and potential allies…

1 Like

House Koper’s a proud family as you can see from how its Lord acts. You’ll have to… hmm, well, sometimes agree with Lord Koper to not break your alliance. Koper’s pretty neutral to all. They’re honorable, but still, only to fend for themselves.
A very important city with much value in your region. Conquering it means cutting off supplies for the King’s army in the North.
For the last question: yes. Yes, you can, or will, probably. Hoping.

2 Likes

Both choices same message

1 Like