Blood and Steel (WiP) (Updated 11th of September)

Flip a coin. Heads for making them hidden, tails for keeping them.
Atleast that is what i do in 50/50 situations.

2 Likes

If you count my vote out, it remaining visible gets most votes. I will wait a bit.

If your character loves brawling, here’s a chance to fight the man you’ve been hearing much about: Ulf Ironfist.

I believe this fight to not be the hardest brawling challenge ever, but the hardest fight you’ll ever see in the game’s current state.

5 Likes

A fun read, but the early stat checks seem a little unbalanced; you lose out on a lot of quests(hunting, fight club) if you don’t focus on Martial, whereas cunning and persuasion don’t seem to get you much.

1 Like

It actually looks like most players go for martial. However, that doesn’t mean I’m going to let others which focus on other stats suffer the lack of content for that. Perhaps in the next update that will change: (don’t read unless you’ve discovered the plot at the feast).

You can convince Dander that someone is planning to assassinate him if you’ve got the persuasive trait.

I think this part’s safe to read.

Furthermore, you deal with a troublemaker named Kane who harasses the Order Knights. You can use the reasonable or a persuasive trait to succeed in taking him down. The tournament events will also have the option of subterfuge to turn one towards your favor. (Illegally, of course). On another note, most stat checks come with random rolls too. So, in the woods, you can instant kill the wolves with a hunter trait, but if you fire left, then right, you can still kill them without damage, but that’s based on luck (I think it was left, then right). The further you go into the game, the more randomness arises. So, that said, non-martialists will have a chance to score victories with some luck.

2 Likes

Or you could do what I normally do, save at each choice

1 Like

Yes, of course, but once the game’s at its finished state, it won’t be playable at Dashingdon and choicescript doesn’t support that kind of save system. So, you’d have to bear the game without it. I’ll still have a checkpoint system if you die though.

Yep, it’s a real shame

1 Like

You’ll have to learn from mistakes… but there’s still the cheatmenu…

1 Like

So it’s gonna be in the final version along with the fantasy traits ? Oh boy I can’t wait to play with my op character who has 3000% in all stats and happened to find a vault full of gold and elite soldiers

1 Like

Well, one fantasy trait already exists.

Luditine.

I won’t tell you how to get it unless you want me to.

is it the one where you die and get resurrected and marked by the god of war ?

1 Like

How do we get that fantasy trait Luditine ?

1 Like

Correct, that is exactly the one.

Look at guardsman’s hidden sentence.
:smile:

2 Likes

do you need low martial for that one or something ?

1 Like

Actually, it wasn’t full in-detail, so here’s how to get the Luditine trait.

Choose Harold as General. Go help Zelia and battle. Use dual swords. Pick worst choices possible and refuse to die.

2 Likes

You actually need to pick the worst choices, martial stat doesn’t affect it.

and does it affect the mc in anyway ? Will he for example become hostile and outright refuse diplomacy if the opportunity arises ?

1 Like

Of course, a trait must have a purpose.

Currently, it is referenced 2 times that you’re reminded of the deal. Ludite doesn’t take away free will, but he will tell you once you need to fulfill the deal.