Blood and Steel (WiP) (Updated 11th of September)

The example given (Fury) doesn’t take any part in the plot. (I mentioned vital, though it’s none at all). It’s more of a reward for interacting more than you had to and a prize for exploration, for me, personally.

I see minor characters like extras in theater plays: unless they play a significant role in scene X, they’re not strictly necessary to the scene; however, the scene feels more complete, or more realistic, with 'em. The show can go on without them, but they make the scene, and by extension the play as a whole, more complete.

I think that’s a good idea; as long as the focus of the game as a whole doesn’t focus on them, it’ll work.

Also, your example gave me an idea. If we impress Fury, can we recruit him to our army? If not as a fighter, then perhaps he can teach our soldiers how to brawl?

2 Likes

There are indeed times where soldiers need to fight unarmed, but Fury’s not a teacher, so he probably wouldn’t even be able to. His skills as a mentor don’t let him to. However, he may be useful in other cases: his name is quite renowned in some cities and there might be times where he might aid you directly in combat.

1 Like

I like the Idea. Few things give flavor to the story as a well written cast of memorable minor characters.

1 Like

Perhaps spending your gold for your demesne is enough: time to shop for your own items.

4 Likes

Will there be a Merchant Path in this game? Would be great to just buy thousands of mercenaries or hire spies (or even the assassin guild you plan on doing).
I Suppose that would be in the Diplomacy path, If so then the Diplomacy path would become a whole more interesting to me.

1 Like

Why not? And about the mercenaries…
Not a thousand yet, but we’re getting there.

3 Likes

Then this will be interesting :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

This wasn’t really a market. These were the wares of a trader, so you’ll see no real weapons here except the bow. Others aren’t even combat-related. (The potion, maybe, and the glowing item, perhaps, in a way).
For those preferring combat I have a side-plot in which you can acquire legendary armor and a nice sword. The glowing item is a requirement to join a certain… order. For those of intrigue, you may sabotage the tournament or use illegal ways to win. (Maybe even stop a plot/assassination attempt and save a lord).

1 Like

Has anyone died and gotten resurrected by the God of War to continue on the game with his mark? Curious.

3 Likes

not yet but that just sounds bad ass.

1 Like

Wow we can pull a Kratos? Lol amazing I must try to find it!

1 Like

Hint: siege scene. General: Harold.

I’m wandering, where does the demo end? Since it always stops at the tournament scene for me

1 Like

There. I updated unintentionally (I probably wanted to update only for the testers and the support team). So it does end there.

If so, do you need anymore testers? I’d really love to continue playing

1 Like

Yeah, sure there is. Look above on the thread for the support team application.

Done. Let’s hope the advantages of a lot of free time and reading a ton of fantasy books can help :grin:

1 Like

Seen and you’re invited.

The conversation poll is 50/50. Damn.