Blood and Steel (WiP) (Updated 11th of September)

Not necessarily annoying, but having them grey out/disappear so we don’t constantly rechoose the same ones over and over because we’re too lazy to move the mouse to select a new choice… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Reasonable. It is easier on phones.
Edit: It’s annoying for me, funnily enough.

3 Likes

The King is of House Quaren, right? If so, can’t we just like straight up kill him or seriously maim the King by either chopping off one of his legs or his arm in revenge of our father’s death at their hands?

Or would that mess with the story a bit too much?

1 Like

I am thinking that entering the Assassins’ Guild would let you assassinate him. Then you can also meet him at the battlefield and if you’re not able to kill him, maybe injure him for good.

4 Likes

That sounds very reasonable to me. I think there are probably some people that would love to have that opportunity (like myself) to harm the King in some way that we could do depending on how you choose to write it.

1 Like

Yes, I suppose there will be multiple opportunities to kill the King. A more traditional way would be through a test of arms, but not everyone prefers martialists.
Edit: Considering the King would probably be the hardest challenge compared to others in terms of fighting.

6 Likes

While we’re on the topic of eliminating King Quaren, can we do it in a way that his death looks like an accident, or we frame someone else up?

Like, say, can we poison him, and frame up Enemy X? It seems like a way to kill two birds with one stone…

1 Like

It’s all dependent on the MC and his/her skills.While you can do it subtly with poison too, there’s an option to kill him for everyone to see even if you’re an assassin.

2 Likes

A duel sounds so bad ass

2 Likes

Assuming the MC has the skills required to even get to that point without being skewered by the royal guard.

2 Likes

Fun fact:

Most players haven’t seen these choices and results. ^
Edit: Because these are literally the only 2 things TRUEKING does.

5 Likes

I wonder which guild they represent.
:thinking:

3 Likes

The lollipop guild…
I’d say based on the description that’s classic Theives guild low level initiate if this was a video game or dnd.

2 Likes

Good assumption, but: thieves don’t wear capes here, or in most of the games I’ve seen at least.

1 Like

Then my only other guess that isn’t overly silly is assassins guild, or you just saw a guardsman chasing a theif.
Of course the only point a assassin would have a cape for is as a secondary weapon or defense and in public they wouldn’t need one.
this is my closest thoughts.

1 Like

Yes, though you wouldn’t encounter the public on rooftops.
Yes, I’ve been thinking upon the idea for a while now, in a way that the Assassins look unique and not too inspired by other games. (I don’t want them to look like the Dark Brotherhood from TES: V nor like The Brotherhood from the AC series).

3 Likes

Will the game have a map?

1 Like

I would gladly make it even if it meant losing more time, but I don’t know of a software to make a decent map.
Edit: Cartographer 3, probably, but it takes mastery to make a good map.

2 Likes

What do you make of minor characters? I’m not planning to make them have a vital place in the plot itself but there will be occasional pop-ups here and there. For example, one is “Fury” from the tavern with whom you can brawl. I really like it when games remember everything you literally do, so maybe if you make a good impression on him, it shall help you on later into the game?
The main question, as asked above, again, was what you think of minor characters. So, what are your thoughts on them?

2 Likes

Personally I’m all for minor characters depending on how they’re written. But I do particularly like the idea of your interactions affecting whether they’ll help you or not later in the story.

1 Like