Blood and Runes (WIP) -- Updated January 10th

I’m watching you @Dawn_1000 .

1 Like

Love the story concept! Do you have any plans to implement a save game feature?

1 Like

Is there a specific program you used to make that family tree, or did you just wing it on your own?

2 Likes

Unfortunately I am utterly cluesless about DnD, so I can’t really answer this :sweat_smile: . I’m glad you like it so far!

As @JBento stated, he was a man who got a little too big for his boots and decided to line his own pockets with the king’s money. This was… not the brightest idea.

I plan to implement a save game feature in the next update!

I used family echo. It’s free and has a pretty easy to understand UI :smile:

8 Likes

Poll

Hello everyone. Chapter 2 is currently shaping up to be longer than I anticipated, and harder work too tbh lol. So I was wondering: would you prefer for me to wait until all of chapter 2 is done to update or only around half of it?

• Wait for all of chapter 2
  • Update around the halfway point

0 voters

Progress Update 3/20/22

Dalia has officially made her first appperance in the game! :confetti_ball:. It’s taken me longer than I would have hoped to get to this point, but now that I’m finally here I feel very proud.

In addition, the MC is now back at the Sanctuary, where the rest of chapter 2 will take place. I’m sending the first section of chapter 2 I’ve written to the people who have generously offered to be my beta readers since I posted chapter 1. I’ll be giving chapter 2 to them in chunks so it’s easier to both spot typos and bugs and fix them.

Now that the MC is finally at the Sanctuary the rest of chapter 2 should be far smoother in terms of writing. Fingers crossed for that.

14 Likes

Interesting, will wait for more since it ended pretty fast

1 Like

Alrighty, I decided to give this a whirl as the title and premise seemed neat! No lie, the title caught my eye.

I will go ahead and be that person, apologies if someone else has mentioned this (and if it’s been fixed and just not yet updated), but in the very first choice, there isn’t a period for the second option, but there is for the one before it.
A very minor thing, but I noticed it and figured it wouldn’t hurt to mention. The second set of choices has a similar thing going on: one choice has a period, the other two don’t. (The further in I went, this repeated throughout).

I almost laughed when I read King’s Bitches though. Oh my gods, that sounds like such a great band name?? The kind a group of friends made up for giggles but they turned out to have something good going. I want a squad I can name King’s Bitches now. I just want to say it with a straight face, all serious, all business.

But man did MC and Aariz make a MESS.

The demo was rather short but enjoyable. The writing flowed. Props to MC being able to overlook the… happy fun times. I could never. In fact, if I was sent to a brothel, I’d sooner choke in my own upheaved lunch. What a trooper, MC.

7 Likes

Progress Update 4/8/22

Progress has been slow because of both real life responsibilities and the mess of code that I’m trying to fix right now. I’m hoping to have it fixed by Sunday so I can keep writing. Luckily, I’ll have a lot of free time to write for the next week or so.

I’ll be tweaking the family tree for House Amars just a little. Lord Remys de Talos, Ralys’ younger cousin, will become Lady Ira de Talos. It seems like a small change on paper, but I think it’ll make more sense plot wise.

I’ll also share House Resham’s family tree soon. They’re a very important part of Reian’s nobility.

Now for a meme.

Me: I think I’ll create four ROs! That’s a good number that I feel I can balance!

Two other characters who, while still important to the plot, were never supposed to be romancable:

As I’m sure you can tell my the meme, I’ve also decided, after careful consideration, to create two more ROs. They are already existing characters and as such wouldn’t exist solely to be romancable. And I think they would work well in romances. An important thing to note is that they are gender locked; the man can only be romanced by male MCs and the woman can only be romanced by female MCs.

I will be giving more information about them soon.

36 Likes

ROs you say…?

b6aeae0c95c02cbec8838bff5b412054

13 Likes

Alright! Here are the new ROs:

The New ROs

Adys de Resham (M22) – The Wastrel Lord:
Adys de Resham is the only son of Duke Malic de Resham, the second most powerful man in Reian, and his only child by his second wife, Duchess Serala de Lyn. He is a hedonist and a fop, a drunkard and a stain on his house. But beneath his fool’s act, when he thinks no one is looking, his dazed expression grows sharper, his gaze more aware. There is, perhaps, more to this spoilt lordling than meets the eye. Can you unravel the layers to him?

(Adys can only be romanced by a male MC)

Adys is a man of average height and possesses an average build. He has tawny skin and dark brown curls which fall to brush against the line of his clean shaven jaw. His face is round and heart-shaped. He has full lips, an upturned nose and heavy-lidded gray eyes, long eyelashes dusting across his face when he closes them. Freckles smatter across the bridge of his nose. He is seldom seen without his cane, which he leans on often now ever since his injury five years ago. Adys dresses flamboyantly, all brightly colored silks and feathered hats and wafting perfumes.

Zara Esyn (F21) – The Lady Tycoon:
The daughter of a powerful merchant family and wed to Duke Malic de Resham’s only son and heir, Zara wields political importance as well as financial importance, holding in her hands a level of influence rarely seen from women in Reian. Bold, proud and fiercely intelligent, Zara has been educated in finances, the lifesblood of kingdoms, her entire life. She protects the interests of her and hers and no one else. Can you become close enough to her to say you are among their number?

(Zara can only be romanced by a female MC)

Zara is tall and slender with golden-brown skin, honey-brown hair that falls to her shoulder blades in messy curls when she lets it down, and deep emerald eyes. The angles of her face are too sharp to be beautiful, all cutting cheekbones and strong jawline and aquiline nose. Striking, many agree, is a better term. She often dresses in dark greens and silvers, to compliment her eyes. Often she keeps her hair in a stylish updo, leaving a few strands to curl at her temples and ears.

And here is the family tree of House Resham. You’ll have to tap the image to enlarge it so you can see it clearly:

25 Likes

As usual I request save slots, about 9 if possible, and ability to save overall.

10 Likes

I’ll be adding those in the next update :grin:

7 Likes

I’m waiting.

1 Like

I just sent you the beta version of the demo so far lmao. Finally fixed the code.

Edit: As of 4/10/22. I now have a discord sever. While you wait for updates, if anybody wants to chat about the game in a more casual setting, feel free to come on over! The peeps already over there are pretty cool too.

The link is in the main topic post, right below the tumblr link :+1:t5:

Progress Update 4/23/22

So now they real life has started back up again, I haven’t had as much time to write. On the bright side, I’ve combed through (most of) the typos and bugs my beta testers discovered so far and added and additional choice in left wing chapter 1 to make it smoother. I’ve also cleared up some possible confusion in regards to the choices.

I’m hoping to make good progress in chapter 2 by this time next week — though life is very busy and I am very tired — and hopefully finish the marketplace and the smithy branches by then.

On the bright side, I have finished both Dalia’s introduction and Tamys’ branch at the mess hall and fixed the bugs there. They no longer makes me want to slam my head against my desk lol.

Oh: and I’ve also added save slots!

35 Likes

Progress Update 6/10/22

Hello everybody! I know it’s been a while, but I have good news: I’ve made very good progress writing and planned out a schedule I think I can achieve/maintain and that works with my beta testers. With this in mind, I plan to upload chapter 2 on June 19th at 1 pm EST.

In chapter 2 you can:

• Return to a tavern from your mission

• Travel to the Sanctuary and react to the capital’s poverty

• Explore the Sanctuary

• Debrief the contents of your mission to Dalia

• Go to the Sanctuary’s market

• Go to a temple and learn more about the Pantheon

• Begin to learn more about Aariz and Dalia’s backstories

• Begin to learn more about your own backstory

• Ensure your weaponry is tended to at a smithy

• Meet your brother, Tamys, and eat with him at the mess hall

I would like to stress that chapter 2 is not all that plot focused. While writing it, the character development and worldbuilding were foremost on my mind. After chapter 2, the plot will truly begin in essence, but I wanted to create a foundation and breathe more life into the game first.

With all this being said, I hope this doesn’t deter you from enjoying the chapter! I’ve put a great deal of time into it and I hope it reflects that :grin:

54 Likes

Whoots I can not wait to read more. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Liked Aariz but my mc being the good hearted is a bit apalled at his brutal ways. I wish there was a choice where mc can react as to how Aariz handled the mission. Though my mc may not be new to his techniques… the readers are. It felt as if the mc was passively observing and mc’s thoughts, as of now, are unclear to me.

But the first chapter interested me and I am looking forward to meeting other characters. Curious to know why Dalia distanced herself from us! Already planning to romance her!

2 Likes

The Update Is Here!

Originally, I was going to update the demo tomorrow, but I’m going to be very busy with my grandfather coming over for father’s day and packing for my trip, so I figured I’d just post it today.

A big thanks to all my beta testers, who helped me comb through the update until it was as good as I could possibly make it, and to you all for having so much patience. I know it’s been a long time since I first posted the demo, and it might have seemed like I wasn’t writing at all, but I promise you I was, and I feel like this proves it, no? XD

Anyways, here’s the link to the update, which now contains all of chapter 1 and all of chapter2:
https://dashingdon.com/play/dawn1000/blood-and-runes/mygame/

I know it’s posted above, but for your convenince, I’ve also just put it here :grin:

There shouldn’t be any bugs I’ll cry if there are, but if you notice any, please let me know! Though I’ll still have access to my phone on my trip, I won’t have my laptop, so I’d like to fix any potential issues as much as I can beforehand.

If you’re interested in giving feedack on other platforms, or if that’s easier for you, I have my tumblr and my discord linked at topic post which started this thread.

47 Likes

Thank you for your feedback! I realized you had a good point, and so now an option to react to Aariz’s brutality has been incorperated into chapter 1 :+1:t5:

Forces myself not to spoil. Jokes aside, it makes me happy for people to take interest in my characters! Dalia is one of the most… complicated of the entire bunch. I hope that doesn’t discourage you from romancing her, though :wink:

10 Likes

Haven’t quite finished demo yet but loving it though have spotted two errors of sorts.

First is a typo in the bath scene in a button to continue to next page there is a if should be is

Sorry for not getting screen shot lol

Next one is when araiz checks us over in concern the shy blushing option doesn’t increase the shy stat in the stats screen.

2 Likes