This is my first attempt at a choicescript game and not scrapping it after the first month. I hope you guys enjoy, and this hopefully will turn into a trilogy with two side arcs.
Synopsis: It was supposed to be a regular winter break, going home to see friends and family. That is until your mom tried to sacrifice you. Now with a primeval sharing your soul and family you didn’t know existed will you be able to survive battles & college?
- Play as a male, female, or non-binary 21 year old student.
- Let your fear become your strength.
- Try to survive while your soul gets hijacked on a regular basis.
- Use your new gift to help others, or be a selfish jerk.
- Wield a variety of weapons
- Learn about various events in time as chronicled by a phoenix.
- Romance anyone from your best friends to an ancient volatile kitsune.
One of your childhood best friends, she is a few months younger than you, and is attending college to eventually obtain a masters in medicine. She’s 5’6 with a slight figure. Has chocolate colored eyes and shoulder-length black hair that fades into a lavender ombre.
Your other childhood best friend and a year older than you. Currently he takes online classes so he can help out at his family’s restaurant. He’s 6’0 with a well-built figure due to excessive track and basketball. Has emerald green eyes that complement his tousled caramel hair.
An 18 year old excitable MMA fighter, she joined the Blades right out of high school due to her accomplishments physically and academically. She’s 5’10 with a willowy frame that hides her toned muscles. Has light blue eyes and honey blonde hair that’s kept chin-length.
A 22 year old who’s family is descended from one of the original founders of the Blades. He is completely committed and trained under Reuben’s tutelage from a young age. He’s 5’7 with a muscular frame.
An ancient and volatile kitsune. Claims she is an abomination and will rarely talk about her past, has a very unusual fighting style. She’s 5’3 with an hourglass frame. Has dark gray eyes and waist length raven colored hair.
The friendly neighborhood wulver, he works as a liaison and informant for the Blades and goes out of his way to help the less fortunate. Is very self conscious about his true form around humans and usually uses glamour charms to appear fully human. He’s 5’9 with a slightly toned figure. While under a glamour he has messily spiked silver hair and while in his true form he has silver fur and sapphire colored eyes.
Current word count: 41,812
To play the demo, go here: https://dashingdon.com/play/starfoxed/blades-of-damascus/mygame/
I just set a tumblr up for asks & etc: https://starcrossedkitsune.tumblr.com/
Please let me know how you feel about how the story flows, if it’s too abrupt and whatnot. Also how you feel about the character’s and if their personalities stay in character.
Also any suggestions for the story is welcomed.
Total word count is now: 31,011 adding 9,185 to the original 21,826.
- Fixed various typos
- Complete coding revamp for CC, easier for finding possible bugs and typo errors
- added a “balding” option for hair type
- added an exact height option after you choose your height, mostly as flavor text.
- fixed height to more appropriate ones due to gender
- fixed reworked sentence about “tall mom”
- added early feeling checks that should help set the MC’s personality
- rewrote various scenes to add more description
- added descriptions for the dye colors in hair
- finally added a fleshed out blanket fort scene for those who choose that path
- added a choice where you set why you’re going to school, limited choice that adds to the MC personality or skills
- added scene after the gas station
Minor update 4/20/19
- Stats balance (hopefully)
- Excerpt elaborating on Nyx’s past which is accessable by entering ‘echo’ on the input password page.
- poll on post # 36
Total WC is now 41,812 from 32,000 most of what is added is Ch.1
- Small tweaks to stat gain/ relationship gains
- Added more to the part where you talk to Reuben after the hospital
- Chance to participate in something, not spoiling it.
- Added a content warning due to one of the scenes depicting partial nudity -it is completely avoidable though if the reader so chooses.