Blackraven: The Key To Freedom

Count me in if you ever need any. I followed this game since pretty much it begining and i alway loved it.

Thanks, thatā€™s great! Iā€™ll remember you when the time comes.

This is one of the best games I have played, and on a good note, no Errors in my two runs at it.

ā€œAlright, laundry room it is. Youā€™ll start with the fabrics.ā€ Forrester than calls to Brenda. ā€œTake her to laundry. {caphe}'s a softā€™un.ā€

@Trask84 thanks! Comments like that always bring the motivation to write faster! :slight_smile:

@paigewinkle thanks as well! I think I will update the demo when I have time. Many changes have been made to the final game that arenā€™t visible in this demo, including silly errors like this one! :slight_smile:

So I am curious, do you have a timeframe in mind for this game?

@andymwhy ā€“ I got me a pack of cards, and is stuck on opening that. The last card is listed as ā€œNoneā€ and it is the same amount of decks left and all next time.

In case that is not fixed. :slight_smile:

Interesting and different game. The ā€œsame day over and overā€ certainly comes across! Shame so much is locked, but I am enjoying so far. Well done. B-)

@Trask84, there is a long story with this one. It will be split into three games (hence the subtitle in the game). This first game will introduce you to the prison, allow you to join a group within and build your character. The ending to this first part is 100% secret for now and will set up the second part nicely. In terms of ingame time, it hasnā€™t been set. You can continue the missions at any point so you could technically finish the game really quick. Alternatively, if you spend more time building your character, doing puzzles and collecting/playing cards, you could be in there for ages! There is a gang free path to take as well.

@JTAL, Iā€™m sorry about the error. I have changed the card system for the final game. The demo still uses the old system, which does have the odd error. One problem with choicescript is that when you go to your inventory, then return to the game, any random events are re-rolled. For opening a pack of cards, this would mean the cards change every time, so in theory you could keep rerolling until you got the card you want. To counter this I used a solution from (lordirishdas? I forget, itā€™s been such a long time!). The random roll to determine the next cards is first performed at the start of a day. It isnā€™t rolled again until after opening a pack.

@andymwhy ā€“ Glad to hear it is fixed in the upcoming game, and keep up the good work, it is quite an interesting idea. :slight_smile:

I cant wait!!!

Played the Demo and encountered two errors:

1. On the alcohol quest, after completing 4 altered suits, only 1 container got made, and the progress just stays the same (no more container got made) no matter how many days passed by.

2. After the characterā€™s morale hits zero, at one point there is suppose to be a long paragraph description after waking up from sleep, but it just flashes by for a second, and then the page notifies that an error has occured and I need to refresh the page, but after pressing the refresh button, it brings me back to the START.

Why would you do this? You saw a grave, and just decided to dig it up? Youā€¦ you @monster!

2 Likes

Happy to reopen the thread when Andy confirms (to any mod) that heā€™s still at work on it and wants to keep the discussion going.

Thanks Havenstone!

@Monster The first error has already been fixed in the full game (not in this demo though; sorry).

The second one is interesting! I have no idea what happens when you get to 0 morale as Iā€™ve never tried it. I think you are the first! It will eventually lead to a death sequence of suicide but I havenā€™t written it in yet.

1 Like

OH GOD I JUST SAW THAT THE POST WAS REOPENEND. ANDY I COULD KISS YOU. I will definitly be on this thread as much as I can. Your WIP is one of my favorite ever.

1 Like

Thanks for the support Cyanide! Thereā€™s still a way to go as Iā€™m concentrating on Kepler right now. But rest assured, Blackraven is very much alive and progressing well.

3 Likes

Of course kepler is great too. I have no worry and I can assure you that the moment the game is on the store it will go right away in my steam library/cellphone

2 Likes

Becuz I appreciate what is buried >_-

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTg5MzU3OTIwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzU3NzY3Mw@@.V1_SX640_SY720.jpg

ā€œDigging A Graveā€ to ā€œSEARCH FOR THE HEART IN THE STONEā€
IF DEATH COMES KNOCKING
leave a window open.
Spit orange seeds into its eyes.
A blind death cannot take you.
The reaper will harvest those
who do not fight back.
If death ducks the orange seeds,
flee through the window.
ā€“Luis Cuauhtemoc Berriozabal

Thanx for responding!!! Just let u know I really enjoy playing your game, as much as watching detectuve conan >_-
~so do continue with it until it is realeased =D

1 Like