Hikayat: Of Black Eye. Updated 7 August 2017

@Tragik_Ending: TBH, I’m still not sure about the use of verb+s on singular 3rd person. Is it “Practice makes perfect”? “He eat the bacon”? “Let her helps you”?
Anyway, there’s no need to delete your post if that is what you think as the correct one. Take it ez.

@bianca_065: Ah, thank you for the proofread! I don’t know how come those can slip through. (Actually, that part is the result of a writer’s block) :sweat_smile:
I’ll surely shoot those grammars down.

1 Like

@Szaal It’s really not that I was worried it was incorrect, it’s just that I’m sort of new to this and I’m trying to figure out how to post the typos so my post doesn’t look all weird, but yeah, thanks for mentioning it.

Yap, the writing still continues.
But I do need your thoughts on the char-building part, guys. It’s quite polished on my end, but I can’t help but to feel something is off. So, spill your thoughts on it, kay?

Especially the non-binary part. Can’t emphasize this enough, the non-binary part. How the story flows. And if you’re a nb, I shall invite you to read my work. Just tell me how the char-building feels when you create a nb PC.
'Cuz I love the natural flow of events.

Finally, IDK, but maybe the title may change anytime soon?

I can say I like the demo, but unfortunately, as a noob on this site, I can’t say I can help with “Char-building”

No matter. I can see you begin your journey on exploring the WIPs. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just keep on reading. When you familiar with the community and the authors with their WIPs, you shall rise from your status from being a noob.

2 Likes

When I’m reviewing the character sheet it says “Oman” instead of “Woman.” Other than that, I love the story so far.

Wut… what? HOW?!
Ah, that’s silly. I feel embarassed, now.

Worry not! Such issue doesn’t appear on my current build here. Once I get to flesh out the prologue and the infirmary scene, I’ll push the update. Probably gonna take a couple of weeks, or a week if I’m lucky enough.

1 Like

It’s like that because they took one look at me and said “Oh, MAN!”

That’s what I’m going with. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lel.
“Oh, woman!” doesn’t sounds right on ears, tho.

1 Like

(21 June 2017) The Unexpected
New update is out!
For this update opportunity, I’ll call it as… “The Unexpected” update due to its… unexpected nature.
Yep, I never planned the update to be like this. It’s unexpected. It’s mysterious. And you’re not expecting it.

Enjoy :grin:

• Another major overhaul has been done to the Prologue. Put yourself to the new world, face important NPCs earlier, express your feelings and thoughts, and contemplate about it.
  • Added special, subtle [Motivation] stat to define your character and set your long-term goal.
  • Hammer-in several exclusive contents available only on private alpha draft (date TBA when done with the whole story)
  • Minor tweaks has been made to make the stats_screen looks tidier.
  • Expect some raw <<Placeholder>> while playing Already fixed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My next plan will be focusing on this Closed Alpha Testing thingy, and move on next to the infirmary. Yes, I haven’t touched The Infirmary scene. :expressionless:

These being said, quickly report any bugs or weird consistencies (even though it looks subtle af) at here. And if you have any questions about the CAT, throw me some PM! (actually… feel free to ask it here, tho.)

And I still accept any feedbacks on the char-building. That part, is still can be expanded upon!

Remember that warning tags? Now we have one more: includes sexual innuendo.

Oh, and probably I’ll begin on spilling the story, now. Keep your eyes glared on the first post!

3 Likes

When I try to choose my gender (male at least, haven’t tried the others yet), I get this error message:
1.CharBuilding line 362: Non-existent variable ‘gender’
(I’m playing in completionist mode, if that might matter.)

Also:
When you wake up, you are prompted to input what the dream-person called you.
It literally called me “Little Spirit”, but the input text is set as your name, so is that what you are supposed to write? It was not really clear to me.

2 Likes

Just found this, the build is pretty interesting. I like the flow of the writing, it’s kind of enforcing a “self-doubt” to MC, from what I’ve experienced so far.

I also have encountered the gender bug, but I was on normal mode.

1 Like

Ah… right!
I removed the [gender] variable and use other variables to define your gender… and forgot to edit that scene thoroughly! Thank you for pointing it out, guys.

@The_Lady_Luck Hwwww hww hwwmmm :yum:
What do you think about it? Are you the Little Spirit?

But whatever the case, when you get past the character-generation and fill in your true name,
your name will be replaced from being “Little Spirit” into [Your true name].
Don’t worry, I’ll get the quick fix up… quickly.
You won’t be the Little Spirit forever. :smiling_imp:

Hmm… thank you for the kind words!
Actually, I’m pretty bad when it comes to verbosity (read: writing a paragraph with more than 3 sentences), and decided when I can only fit a sentence as a paragraph, so be it.

And the “self-doubt” part is pretty much what I’m aiming for. But I feel there’re certain spots where the writing is kinda “forced” and awkward. :confused:
Be sure to tell me if you found any!

//////////////////////////////
Edit: :rotating_light:The quickfix is done. Try and check it out :rotating_light:

2 Likes

I loved the writing of this game, especially during the scenes where the MC is trying to figure out where they are. So far I haven’t found any forced or awkward parts/dialogues, it felt very natural to me. Writing internal dialogues can be difficult or feel awkward but I think you did really well :relaxed:

1 Like

Found consistent and easily reproduceable bug.

Browsers: Google Chrome, 59.0.3071.86 (Official), (64 бит), Pale Moon Version: 27.1.0 (64-bit)

Steps:

1. Choose “completionist”
  2. Begin the story
  3. First choice: pick “Bah, another nonsense.”

Error message: 0.Prologue line 44: Non-existent variable ‘place’

I had the same problem, but it was consistent in all difficulty’s and all three choices. They all lead to nothing. No game. Aaaand this is the first time I’d ever played it! Well doesn’t that raise my hopes for the game!

1 Like

You are right, I’ve repeated it for other choices. Same error. I’ll try to clean cookies and try other browsers, but if that won’t work well, I would be sad panda.

Mmmh. I hope this can be resolved soon. Reading the description of the game got my hopes up, now I can’t play it.

1 Like

Tried cleaning cookies, tried other browsers, everything still the same and I can’t even start trying out that demo.

1 Like

Eeek… hold on, ppl.
Let me take a look at the game file quick.

Edit: :rotating_light: Another quickfix is up! :rotating_light:
Sorry people. Another silly mistake on my behalf :expressionless:

1 Like