Hero or Villain: Genesis (feedback thread)

Selling self to human genome instuite for research

@Blank Great idea, thanks!! :slight_smile: already playing with quite a few things in my head…

@lokidemon007… mmm… but who could you blackmail so far in the story?

2 Likes

Port offical/black Market dealer,jacob,
Quick idea: help Jacob with his drug business for side money

3 Likes

That’s a good idea @Blank.

3 Likes

Just to explain my way of communicating (it might be a bit confusing…). Basically, I tend not to reply for a while, as I concentrate on moving the story forward. Then, I go through comments and bugs and address them all in one go, replying as I go along. At this point, I “like” every comment, to remind me up to where I am in terms of addressing things.
@ColorWheel, I corrected the bug about when you get paid, but couldnt find the philippines bug about now having any money… can you confirm if you are still having it? Is anybody else having the same problem? (mot having money in the Philippines?)

Changes
-Added sunglasses to accessories.
@gvyn added other to shoes and accessories.

Replies
@GeminiSparkSP Hahaha… well it was all a complete coincidence, but somehow glad that the game can represent this manga also. But, I’ve never heard of it, despite having “lived” for 14 years in japan (I do spend half my time away or on planes). The thing about japan is that there is just SO much to soak in, in terms of music, arts, etc. And, that is before you even start with korea (my gf is korean, and for the last few years she is attempting to brainwash me with her culture… its just shocking to see how much there is to soak in!). Anyway, I’ll add it to my “to do list” of things to read (note how long my “to do” lists become, though I’ll get to it!)
@Blank, as always, thanks for all those comments and ideas! Many are not yet implemented, but others will eventually see the light! Especially, thanks for pointing out the problems of the salary, and possible ways around them! Otherwise, corrected the typos and bugs you found, thanks again!
@EtherealSoul yes, still lots of grammar and typos there. Basically, I’ve never re-read large chunks of the story (at the moment concentrating on moving it forward, and relying a bit on people to point typos, grammar mistakes, etc). Thanks for pointing all those though!

To do list
-Add some more 5 point or 15 point “small powers” (thanks @Sempurus, post #409. For example, "I can identify enemy weak points (fighting +15), thanks Blank).
-Add possibility of port official trying to run away (fly, teleportation, water breathing to catch him, weapons dealer has a mercenary to fight). Possibility to turn them in.
-Add option for MC to invent a gadget? (high engineering and intelligence) High Frequency Blades, Railguns or Gauss rifles, sprays to stun,
-More choices of professions (student, scientist?). On the 4th day there should be difference (engineer called away to building, student going to lecture). Thanks @GenecoInheritor
-Add instances of use of engineering, law and journalism to provide extra info to MC
-Re-write some of the dialogues for co-workers, to add flavour (a frequent complaint, so I need to work on this!). More interaction with them.
-Place all powers chosen in the power choosing page, add possibility to clear and choose again.
-Possibility to eventually romance the boss? Having a base? working for a government organisation?
-Mr Watson chapter part II and III (romance Catalina?), Black cockroach sidekick, other sidekick, billards bar (total 5 extra)
-Possible human genome storyline? (post #431)

1 Like

Ups, sorry, I cannot upload the correct version yet, as I’ve discovered other unresolved bugs. Anyway, the list above will go onto the next update, hopefully later today or tomorrow.

Ok, finally managed to sort the glitches, new version is up. For those in the private WIP, things move a little bit forward, but not much…

2 Likes

So, the development of the game is taking me to develop more the villain paths (it just seemed to happen, due to various structural and story-telling issues).

However, at one point I’m going to have to prioritise my energy… what are people mostly interested in?

• I am mostly interested in the hero paths
  • I am interested in the hero paths, although I prefer to play more as a vigilante than a hero
  • I am mostly interested in the villain paths
  • I am mostly interested in the villain paths, though not as completely evil
  • I am interested in both the villain and hero paths

0 voters

Also, do you think that the name of the game should be changed? (if the villain paths become more significant)

• Yes, the title of the game should be changed
  • Keep the title of the game, even if there is a villain path/s
  • I never liked the title “Birth of a Hero” to start with

0 voters

Juxtapose me and around

1 Like

Generate isn’t needed here.

Misspelling.

1 Like

immm sooo happy, i finally achieve super strength, now I can lift a car

1 Like

You re a very good writer, this is one of my favorite games ever in COG, this is only a suggestion, you could let us pick the genders of ours NPCs

2 Likes

Invisibility could be used to secretly grab the port offical/market dealer report on their deal and gather the steel areonaunt description

2 Likes

Woo can’t wait to try the game!:grin:

1 Like

New update is up (I managed to concentrate during my last flight…)

For the public threat this includes a new side mission ( about the possibility of getting money from drugdealer thanks @Blank)

The private thread also has the first fight in the Philippines finished and some stuff for the next destination

7 Likes

(However, note that many of the bugs and other issues reported in the last few days were not updated, as I had no internet during the flight… hopefully these will be corrected in the course of the next week…)

5 Likes

Wish there was a way to have both a mask and a hood.

3 Likes

I think you mean “rich kids” instead of “rick kids” when you go to get money from the drug dealer

1 Like

Does the MC necessarily have to be evil to romance the steel aeronaut

1 Like