Hero or Villain: Genesis (feedback thread)

Dude. No…dude. I’m your huckleberry.

2 Likes

You… are amazing. Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!

1 Like

@adrao If there are any spaces left for the beta I would like to offer my services to test play a super villain playthrough.

1 Like

If there’s any room I would love to test the finish villain route when the games finish, also turning shiroi into a vimpre was so cool it would be cool if we can have some more interaction with her after this like maybe go on a mission with her or maybe having her introduce you to some other heroes

1 Like

I’d love to beta test. Sign me up.

1 Like

I knew i wasnt the only one saw that , mr watson and the crusader the same thing

1 Like

The book looks great at least for what I’ve played. It’s just one think that doesn’t feel right: I’ve been doing the vigilante’s path and after the fight in tha masquerade ball, the MC goes home to rest… And it’s weird that doesn’t worry about its friends or her boss or anyone that the MC knows and are there.
The rest I think it’s great; the story and the writing are good, so congrats!

1 Like

I would love to beta test for you, if you’d like.

1 Like

Thanks for all those that have expressed an interest in beta testing! I’m still ironing out many bugs reported in this and other private threads, so it might take me still a few days until I get things started (I thought the game was in a more “finished” state, but the number of reports have shown otherwise…)

I didnt understand that part, sorry. Can you explain?

@Freja, Ah, there was a bug, thanks for pointing this out! You should now be given an option to worry about them and send a message.

1 Like

i was making a secret villain joke akin to lex Luther
petting white cats in rolly chairs is a big villian thing

Edit: love the game and plan on playing as each a villian vigilante secret villian and hero.

1 Like

If you need help still I can beta test, if you would like.

1 Like

Just about to upload the next update, with many bug fixes and grammar changes (thanks once again to all who made suggestions and posted bug reports!).

Changes
-The new version extends the RO sequences to office colleagues and Captain Villardi. Can you let me know how these feel? Did I forget any possible characters?
-Changed text description regarding MC level according to difficulty.

To do list
-Place all powers chosen in the power choosing page, add possibility to clear and choose again. Add a number of pre-determined super-heroes (wolverine-type, etc)
-Add can identify enemy weak points (fighting +15), thanks Blank).-Add engineering/biology checks to lower HP of enemies (aside from existing checks?)
-Add possibility of port official trying to run away (fly, teleportation, water breathing to catch him, weapons dealer has a mercenary to fight). Possibility to turn them in.
-Add option for MC to invent a gadget? (high engineering and intelligence) High Frequency Blades, Railguns or Gauss rifles, sprays to stun,
-More choices of professions (student, scientist?). On the 4th day there should be difference (engineer called away to building, student going to lecture). Thanks @GenecoInheritor
-billards bar and extra side stories, Possible human genome storyline? (post #431)
-Have co-worker have a birthday party? (post #470)
-Dream between co-worker and secretary, make them break up?
-Add side missions for villains
-Drag in Mongolia part of the game. Should try to improve things there.
-Add extra options to read the mind of characters (under-developed power).
-Go back to post 740 to include additional actions for telepaths
[/quote]

2 Likes

Hi! So I’ve been playing this game with more of a strength based character in mind and one thing I found to be a little weird is that when you physically fight some of the more weaker characters (with low strength) you get messages like “you send him stumbling back a few steps”

What I suggest is that when a character has high strength (>50) you get the option to knock someone out at the start or change the dialogue a bit so it makes it more realistic like “you send him flying with a punch”

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion… I just went through and modified this so that you get a slightly different text when you have high strength (against the weaker characters, at least). Also, For those with high strength I added the possibility on some fights to deliver a a super-powerful blow (which causes more damage, though leaves you slightly off balance then). However, this is only possible in the second round (to provide a bit more variety to combat possibilities).

Let me know how this feels now! (also added the possibility of doing a flying kick to some fights, if the MC has high fighting ability… also does more damage, but if you fail you leave yourself a bit more open…)

4 Likes

Changes
-Some changes to fights.
-Added new power to find enemy weak points.
-Added co-worker party scene.
-Many small grammar fixes and bugs corrected (thanks to all who submitted these!)

To do list
-Place all powers chosen in the power choosing page, add possibility to clear and choose again. Add a number of pre-determined super-heroes (wolverine-type, etc)
-Add possibility of port official trying to run away (fly, teleportation, water breathing to catch him, weapons dealer has a mercenary to fight). Possibility to turn them in.
-Add option for MC to invent a gadget? (high engineering and intelligence) High Frequency Blades, Railguns or Gauss rifles, sprays to stun,
-More choices of professions (student, scientist?). On the 4th day there should be difference (engineer called away to building, student going to lecture). Thanks @GenecoInheritor
-billards bar and extra side stories for villains. Possible human genome storyline? (post #431)
-Drag in Mongolia part of the game. Should try to improve things there.
-Add extra options to read the mind of characters (under-developed power).
-Go back to post 740 to include additional actions for telepaths
-Normal hero path Mr. Watson endings.

6 Likes

@adrao so I have a couple things I’d like to say/ask. When you choose the super power to merge work an animal, it says that you can transform and/or have an armoured hide but when you change into your superhero costume, it only says that you put it on and that you don’t actually transform. Is that on purpose or no?

2 Likes

@adrao also I feel like if the mc has animal superpowers, that choosing the type of animal they merged with should be an option. Like they merged with a wolf or even something outrageous like an armadillo. That would explain things like claws and armored hide and a few other things like seeing in the dark. It’ll also give us a little bit more of an immersive experience while playing

3 Likes

From my playthrough’s it seems that the weapons store romance options are underdeveloped and can’t be invited to the masquerade

i bought the jacket to defend but it didn’t show it.

Your doing a great job , you probably dont hear it much but you are