Hero or Villain: Genesis (feedback thread)

If i’m going to be the villain who is to say I can’t be stealing them stones to get more powerful for a world power-person tournament with the end goal of if I win I rule the world (or at least a sizable portion of New York) by hypothetically beating anyone strong enough to stop me?
Edit: I realize now that the fact that everything is prewritten and because of that all possible actions I can take are predetermined is who

1 Like

The epilogue is so intriguing!! I wonder if you could put in subtle clues or even a few choices in which you try to find out the origin of the meteorites which gave people their powers

1 Like

Make it so you can fight tidal bore ! She’s so annoying!

1 Like

If it isn’t already too late to join the reader development process (private beta), I’d like to say that I like how the professions and abilities are slightly together and I adore how many different powers there are to choose from.

For villain goals I definitely hope we can bend the good guys to our will rather than just killing them outright. I mean, one of the paths is mind powers, so you know, mind control/manipulation. A villainous lair would be cool, that way you can get your unwitting new henchmen to be to come to you! XD

4 Likes

I think one of the more interesting path’s for villain could be hunting/killing off heroes. Or attacking Police/Federal officers/Federal Officials.

4 Likes

Will there be more opportunities to steal other stones or commit heists to get money?

^^This so much^^
The game has other aspects that lend to having minions even besides mind control (ie. Inventive Genius = evil collar) that this would be a great addition.

Likely but we don’t know

2 Likes

Thanks so far for all the ideas! I’ve just been happy to let people post and brainstorm, and play in my head with how some of these could be implemented. Many ideas are simple to implement (so I will probably do so!). Others might depend on where I want the story to go…

Obviously I know that some people might not have read the second part of the game, or found several paths in it. But, just to let you know so far what is already coded/implemented is:

-You can join the SA (even romance her). This means joining her base, and fend off attacks to it.
-You can fight Shiroi Yuki (with the Steel Aeronaut)
-You can rob a bank
-You can join a “suicide squad” style group (if you fail to rob the bank, although I might add more opportunities to end up there if you fail other side missions as a villain). This group has some characters that you might have helped to put in jail or escape (White Shark and Cockroach).
-You can start to build a little crime empire. For that, you can already recruit White Shark as a liutenant (more options to follow).
-Fight for overall control of the city with Mr. Watson (this will be the ending of one path, which is already coded, though I’m looking for more ideas as to how you come to clash with Mr. Watson for control of the city… basically I’ve written the ending but still trying to figure the middle).

So, within all that I’m hoping to implement many ideas you’ve given me! Some might be central to some paths, others might just be “side missions” (as you may have noticed the game has “paths” that you have to follow, until major points where important choices have to be made, and “side missions”, which you can do on the side of these paths, though of course there these also influence the main game paths).

But, please feel free to continue to give ideas! (it’s great to read and play with things in head!)

5 Likes

I am unable to romance SA and I can’t seem to recruit the Katana guy? Also, I didn’t meet White Shark and Black Cockroach Maybe I was doing it wrong?

Think those are just for the beta. This is still the old demo I believe.

1 Like

Oh I see, thanks for clarifying that

1 Like

No problem :+1:

i like this as long as i get the choice to either kill or ignore the defeated hero since i like the thought of being so powerful i don’t even need to be bothered to kill the superheroes or at least give off that vibe.

1 Like

Yes, exactly! It’d be pretty cool for the heroes to understand just how low they are in comparison. Very cool

3 Likes

Hi! I played the demo, and I have a few suggestions, mostly story-wise:

• So, let’s talk about the mother. She appears out of nowhere, she says she is sick and that she needs money. This could be a really emotional plot, but when it first appearead I only thought “Oh, a poor way to suck the MC’s money and make the game harder”. The problem is that she only appears when she is in need, but outside of that we can’t talk to her, visit her (She is sick, so this is a reasonable think to do, maybe even a way to rekindle the relationship if the MC didn’t have a good relationship with her before), we don’t know anything about her. I think this part definetly need more work
  • The romance. Now, i only did 2 romance, the one with Carol and with the Captain. About Carol, maybe I did something wrong but even if invited her as a date to the gala there was no romantic interaction. And a problem I have with the characters is when you can ask question to them… it doesn’t look like a conversation but more like an interrogation. It’s hard have good dialogues with all the possible romance there are (and here are many) but it still need more work to make it better.
    About the captain… well, I think it moved too fast the romance. I mean, one mission with her, and BUM kiss and, more absurd (to me) reveal our identity?! I think it should be more slow, and make it a choice if reveal our identity right away.
    I saw we can romance Steel aeronaut. I like the option, but not how it’s possible. We have to say we don’t care about what she does, that it would suit a supervillain but not a superhero. It would be nice to have a relationship like Batman and Catwoman, the MC can like her without approving her actions. Last thing about the romance, and dialogue in general. There is no option to have a shy MC, basically or you are rude or kind, there is no place for shyness. I would like it, and maybe even make that some romance do the first move (maybe we choose who romance not just with the flirt option, but like for a shy MC thinking “Ah! I Like Carol why doesn’t she ask me as a date” it’s the way to “Choose” to romance Carol, (I hope I was clear in my explanation)).
    That’s everything, I gave suggestion about the story and characters because it’s what I think it’s most important. Of coure I know you can’t take all the suggestions, but I hope I helped a bit. I would love to be invited to the private thread, if it’s still possible. Anyway, the superhero part of the game was great! And please keep the difficulty choices even for when you’ll release the game, it’s a lifesaver for who want to just enjoy the story! Thanks for the demo and good work!
3 Likes

i also think that the agent of chaos might blend in to the anti-hero category depending on choice since if your main drive is to do whatever you want well then do whatever you want good or evil or maybe somewhere in the middle, (that lady is getting mugged. wanna help here? yes? well go right on ahead, do you wanna kill the mugger? yes? well do it, ait nobody gonna stop you and if they try to punish or detain you well to bad cuz that ait gonna happen.)

1 Like

I’m sorry I haven’t replied for a bit… development stalled while I was on my last trip, and I came down with a bad cold on my way back. I’ve finally recovered and have started work on the game again. Hopefully I will be able to make some decent progress during the next week or so, before my next trip.

I know that there are many comments on this and private threads that I haven’t replied to. I’ve re-read all recent comments again, and keep turning things in my head (thanks for all the inspiration). I now have an idea for the next chapter of the “evil” path, which I will hopefully code in the next day or two.

The update today is not so big, just adding a few thousand words (first conversation with your mum, earlier than the previous appearance to give more sense of development to that interaction). Also, introduced the choice to recruit minions…

13 Likes

… right. Not too big at all, lol

Continuing the discussion from Birth of a Superhero… or Villain? (What would you like to do in supervillain path? Brainstorming now open!):

I was not sure if i should post it since the the topic was closed but i found some things that need correction.
The first one was this i don’t know if it was intentional :- On page 4 of the newspaper there is an interview with captain Villardi. The captain emphasizes that she doesn’t like you much, as she feels you are no more than a vigilante.Even though i have a relationship of 89.
The second one is while reading the news the prospect of war between Egypt and Somalia over the construction of a dam. Apparently, Egypt feels this could threaten its water supply, and is threatening an aerial strike against the dam.
The nile doesn’t reach somalia so they can’t go to war over the construction of a dam and i believe egypt is fighting with ethiopia over blue nile dam.
That’s about it love the story can’t wait to read it all.