Hero or Villain: Genesis (feedback thread)

Involved with the water and fire powers.

1 Like

Sorry guys, currently not thinking of adding any new powers, unless they are just variations of what is already there (i.e. powers that stun an opponent, blasts of some type or another, can be added… but new things that involve separate instances would just be a nightmare…)

@Pedro_Ferreira, there are already ice blast, ice armour and no slip… if you can think of any others that could stun an opponent, I’m happy to code them in.

Otherwise, new version is up for those in private threads, solving some bugs and adding bits and pieces of content (thanks to all those in the two private threads and various personal messages). Note also that things might slow down a bit on my side, as a crazy influx of unplanned work is starting to tie me down…

There is a plant control power or toxin power ? Also you could add a possibility of the mutation by the stone only affects our atributes (Maybe a fisical powers class ? where it wold be easier gain super strenght,super aim,etc. basically a captain america or luke cage)

“Cold Reflection” - an ice attack that shows your opponent a twisted, decrepit reflection of themselves, stunning them as they behold the ghastly sight. Works especially well on enemies that rely on physical strength. :grin:

1 Like

I think it is already possible to make a captain america, right? Under animal powers, you could have somebody with high strength, agility and endurance (+50 in each), enhanced psyche (+20), combat reflexes, good eyesight, and aim power. This would basically make a captain america, right? (well, actually that would be a super-captain america, as under the system I was using +50 in strength would make him closer to the Thing or Colossus in terms of strength).

@Carlos.R sounds a bit too complicated to have a power with additional checks (in Tokyo Wizard I went for things like that, and it made the coding very complicated, though benefit is not so clear…)

Otherwise, a new version is up, with some re-work on the villain path (up to Chapter 4, so now only chapters 5 6 left to work on for that part…)

3 Likes

I’ll take “a bit too complicated” as a compliment considering that was a very half-hearted attempt at creating a power. :grinning:

What if you changed the flavor text to something like… “Shows the enemy a vision of their defeat, stunning them for 1 round” and then plug that in to existing stun mechanics. It could be reliant on psyche as the check.

1 Like

Actually I just had a great idea maybe you could include a God power set just for fun and gags and only make it available on ridiculously easy difficulty. It could be called molecular manipulation power set that can make us like doctor Manhattan or the Molecule Man.

1 Like

Sorry this last update has taken so long… hopefully in the next week I can work on a few more updates!
@Carlos.R , @majinmike at the moment I’m struggling with all the powers already there, so I think I’m just going to leave it as it is… implementing a stun power that then requires a psyche check would be a bit of work…

Changes
-Added more instances and where it is possible to use emotional manipulation. If anybody can think of any more, let me know.
-“Finished” evil re-write. It is now possible to play as a villain. Anything that doesn’t make sense is a mistake or bug, please let me know!
-Added many dialogues options throughout the game (particularly for villain mode)
-For those in the private thread, there is the government organisation path

To do list (combining with lists in private threads)
-Create a way to randomise powers (so that MC gets powers randomly?)
-Add possibility to steal from friends in villain path.
-Add some more 5 point or 15 point “small powers” (thanks @Sempurus, post #409. For example, "I can identify enemy weak points (fighting +15), thanks Blank).
-Add possibility of port official trying to run away (fly, teleportation, water breathing to catch him, weapons dealer has a mercenary to fight). Possibility to turn them in.
-Add option for MC to invent a gadget? (high engineering and intelligence) High Frequency Blades, Railguns or Gauss rifles, sprays to stun,
-More choices of professions (student, scientist?). On the 4th day there should be difference (engineer called away to building, student going to lecture). Thanks @GenecoInheritor
-Add instances of use of engineering, law and journalism to provide extra info to MC
-Re-write some of the dialogues for co-workers, to add flavour (a frequent complaint, so I need to work on this!). More interaction with them.
-Place all powers chosen in the power choosing page, add possibility to clear and choose again.
-Possibility to romance boss/Emily? to have a base?
-Mr Watson chapter part II and III (romance Catalina?), sidekicks billards bar (total 5 extra)
-Possible human genome storyline? (post #431)
-Have co-worker have a birthday party? (post #470)
-Change the definition of the MC (san-kyu, ni-kyu, depending on the number of hero points that they have)
-Induce nightmares for villain path
–Add SA to dream choices. Possibility of reducing her attributes (or those of other OPP if fear was induced into them).
-Engineering check against SA final encounter to find flaw in design.

10 Likes

Just finished the short demo with time powers and i would like to read the rest.

Suggestions i have : (time power related)

• Add an option to stop time and make only the MC able to move unless the MC touches someone
    -Temporally ‘lock’ objects; freezing them in time though apparently not space
    -Time theft STEAL, TRANSFER THEIR AGE, TIME TO OTHER HUMANS WHEN IN BODY CONTACT OR VICE VERSA.
    -Able to perceive past and future of a person just by touching them.
    -[Age Manipulation] of both living beings and objects.
    This are some of the ideas i have for time based power.
3 Likes

I just played through the villain options, and I liked it! But I couldn’t use Mind Control, ever.

1 Like

Just invited you to private thread #2.

@Xiomy_Gomez, sorry, at the moment I don’t want to introduce any new powers into the game…

@obieblu, what do you mean? There should be several instances during the fights? Or, in which other occasions you think you should have been able to use mind control?

I remember being able to control Emily when she’s scolding me. Or did I mis-remember that, and only the emotional control can do it?
Either way, if it’s a bug or a suggestion that mind-controlling a cranky boss would one of the first things I’d do with mind-control.

I also romanced the rocker guy from the weapons store for the first time. Cool. He wouldn’t kiss me at the club, though, and as a villain, I’d definitely use powers to push him into that. (Unless that gets all triggery over consent…)

I also thought about screwing with the jerk at work and his relationship with the secretary. I didn’t get very far with going into their dreams, but I think it would be funny to make them fight over me while they’re dating or even something small like making either one of them spill coffee on the jerk.

Mind and Emotion Control are really sketchy to begin with. In comics, even heroes/protagonists do wildly immoral things with them.

1 Like

That would triggered very hard consent line to point be near to mind control or worse. That coul be okay for a villain but not for a supposed hero.
I am very sensitive to lack of consent so I would not choose force a person toblove me and i hardly doubt pc has so much power to control a person to that level all the time. But it could encourage someone that loves you to act. Even if I prefer take initiative lol

1 Like

Then it’s a very good thing I was playing a villain and that no one will force you to do triggering things that you’d specifically avoid in a game. :smiley:

2 Likes

Force love should require too much power all time to maintaining it. But maybe a temporary spell like make hero believe is in love like poison ivy?

1 Like

Force Love is outside the realm of what this story is. That would be it’s own fetish story. I wouldn’t have suggested it.

I specifically referenced someone that you’re already on a date with and people who already have feelings towards you one way or another, enhancing and/or redirecting. I was hoping that a combo of good dreams about you and some emotional control could disrupt the jerk/secretary relationship. That’s outside superhero fights, and not sure how much of that the author wants to write. It was just a thought, but I’m pretty sure there’s already a workplace drama game out there.

2 Likes

Sorry i misunderstood your comment yeah that have sense.

1 Like

Hello I found this I do not know if it is a mistake or is planned as a villain I can not have “appointments” or help Officer Villardi understand that a villain does not want to help the police but you eliminate the competition or you could manipulate the police without using powers telepathic,
Also the option of: Look around to see if there is anything of value. It can be used many times I use it 5 and it continues as an option,
thanks for the WIP it is very good.

Hola encontre esto no se si es un error o es planiado como villano no puedo tener “citas” o ayudar a la oficial Villardi entiendo que un villano no quiera ayudar a la policía pero eliminarias a la competencia o podrias manipular a la policía sin usar poderes telepáticos,
AdemĂĄs la opciĂłn de: Mira a tu alrededor para ver si hay algo de valor. Puede ser utilizada muchas veces yo la use 5 y sigue como opciĂłn,
gracias por el WIP es muy bueno.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, I corrected the looting bug (will be corrected next update), and added you to the private thread.

Otherwise, I’m not sure I understand what you mean by “as a villain I can not have “appointments” or help Officer Villardi understand that a villain does not want to help the police but you eliminate the competition or you could manipulate the police without using powers telepathic”.

Can you please try to explain better what you mean?

(I’m also aware I haven’t replied to all comments on this thread yet…)

I mean that the hero could help the police thing that the villain can not do (there is no option to go to the police station).
Sorry if I’m not good with the explanations :cry: :blush:

1 Like