Hero or Villain: Genesis (feedback thread)

Just added you, and uploaded another small update (only another 1000 words including code, but at least I’m finally getting something done…).

Otherwise, I’m considering dropping the possibility to make a suit as part of the powers. I can see trying to do that would be opening a can of worms, and there are already tons of possibilities to make superheroes with the powers that are already there…

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, how many people would want to have iron-man type superhero?

• If there is no option to play without being an inventor/suit developer I wouldn’t play the game.
  • My main preference would be to play an inventor/suit developer. But, I can play something else also.
  • Playing a inventor/suit developer would be nice. However, it’s not my main choice of powers.
  • I couldn’t care less about playing an inventor/suit developer. I would never choose to play such a character.
  • The option to play a inventor/suit developer should just not be in the game at all.

0 voters

1 Like

I usually choose the fire or the shadow powers.

1 Like

I’m more of a fan of having real superpowers usually but I wouldn’t mind playing that type of character

1 Like

All animal myself king Leo on the prowl

1 Like

I’d intrinsically like playing one, but I’d want to have a lot of options for fiddling with the armor design and giving super-tech gear to other people that I wouldn’t expect from other power sets.

2 Likes

can i be a beta tester

1 Like

I would like to beta test as well if you are still adding people that is.

1 Like

Gadget hero’s are really interesting.

2 Likes

I just completed one beta testing and would like to help if beta testers still needed

1 Like

Invites sent. I still know I haven’t replied to many people in the private threads, as for some reason my brain wants to move forward the story. HOWEVER, I have read all the comments by various people and are playing around with things in my brain, and will eventually reply to everybody (i.e. what different people write does influence me, I’m just seeing how I can make things work… I have some ideas starting to form).

Otherwise a small update went on this morning to the supergroup branch of the game, working now on the first fight…

3 Likes

The fight scene is too little or too short i think. Its a bit boring fighting scene

1 Like

Can i be a beta tester

1 Like

which fight scene do you refer to? or all of them in general? (and, can I ask, which difficulty level are you playing at? If you are playing in super-easy then this should be expected…)

The one with the slug i think, when mc help the woman cop or something. The normal and easy one. Is the different big when playing different difficulty?

1 Like

Depending on the powers that you choose some fights should last longer than others. Basically, it should be quite challenging (impossible?) to defeat some enemies with some powers, and very easy to defeat others. As you increase the difficulty level, fights should become longer… though in some cases you might also be defeated very quickly…

1 Like

I’m currently coding some extra character development for the workplace characters. Currently, depending on the job you take the characters you encounter are different. Did anybody notice/care? Would it be better to just unify them into one character? (like the boss at the moment is the same in all games, regarding of the job you choose…)

For example, for your work colleagues, there are currently

if (occupation = “lawyer”)
*set colleague_name “Carol”
*set relationship_colleague 50
*set colleague_description “a light coloured suit. She is average height and somewhat thin, with mid-length curly dark brown hair. Her skin is somewhat tanned, with dark brown eyes that are accentuated by heavy make-up around the edges”

*elseif (occupation =“engineer”)
*set colleague_name “John”
*set colleague_description “a dark navy suit. He is average height and somewhat thin, with short curly dark brown hair and green eyes. His skin is light but covered in freckles, product of the many hours he has spent surfing”

*elseif (occupation =“journalist”)
*set colleague_name “Jenny”
*set colleague_description “a bright colored skirt. She is rather tall and somewhat thin, with curly dark red hair. Her deep blue eyes are clearly visible from behind her small glasses”

*else
*set colleague_name “Vincent”
*set colleague_description “a shirt and well-worn trousers. He is tall and stocky, with untidy dark black hair, and blue eyes”

• Keep Carol
  • Keep John
  • Keep Jenny
  • Keep Vincent
  • I don’t care, they were all equally annoying
  • I can’t really remember any of them
  • I didn’t want to interact with any of them

0 voters

I would actually prefer you keep different coworkers for different jobs just to keep some variety and keep each occupation different and not just let them be the same

1 Like

Definitely keep for variety.

I never see Vincent anymore. He used to be with the web designer career. I’ve seen neither in months. No hacker, either, after the first time I asked.

1 Like

Sorry about that, I remember you saying it but never got round to checking that our other bugs (apologies, it’s not forgotten, I have a system of keeping track, I like the post once I’ve dealt with each bug or comment, so I’m a bit behind…).

Anyway will try to check this in the next week or two! (Thanks for the patience!)