Hero or Villain: Genesis (feedback thread)

Okay, anyone else have a super that it seems a little odd that the bad guy would be able to track you to your home?

For example, my default guy is a teleporter with invisibility. But apparently my character just walks back home?

1 Like

Trackers on the clothes and skin, also itā€™s very tiring to use abilities so itā€™s like why you walk home instead of jog or running home, besides the charecter thinks no one saw him so they had no urgency to get home quickly

1 Like

Except she specifically says she used a drone to track the MC.

1 Like

Im a tad bit confused on the part where you go to stop Steel Aeronaught from stealing the stone in the museum. I chose to teleport over and pick it up and absorbed the stone but it still says that she got away with it if i read that correctly.

1 Like

I think we only manage to absorb one of its power (our choice), before we being repel away from its raw force, Steel Aeronaught got the stone and rest of the power

1 Like

I guess that would make sense but when you first get youā€™re powers you merely touch the stone and afterwords it disintigrated and this time they held it.

1 Like

I think i must read it again, i thought once absorb a power of our choiceā€¦we were sort of fainted

1 Like

The gameā€™s amazing so far, I really love the variety in customization of the MC(Costume, street clothes, accessories)
Also just a tidbit of suggestion.
I really love the Light Manipulation power, itā€™s one of my faves and one of the most versatile ones. You can add as miscellaneous the power to construct objects of hard light (Green Lantern style for example)
For movement you can add super speed since you could possibly travel at light speed.
Another thing, I noticed that you added the Introvert with the Charismatic stat and almost all the options for having an Introvert MC causes you to either be a dick or lose relationship stats. Loners donā€™t have to be dicks just uncomfortable with crowds or other people. (I mean Batman is the epitome of introvert but he can charm a woman out of her criminal ways in 0 secsā€¦ see what I did there :stuck_out_tongue:)
Anyway, I obviously havenā€™t read all the comments so I donā€™t know if this has been said before or if you still accept suggestions but there it is.
LOVE your game so far :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:!!!
Also Iā€™ll try to help with typos and such, but it will take time since I have the habit to overlook them completely. (Seriously you could change A with 4 and Iā€™ll still spell Avengers without batting an eye, or f33t and Iā€™ll still read feet! :joy: I am weird I knowā€¦)

5 Likes

Answers:
@TheKillerOfAKing thanks, that will go on the next update!
@Chaosteress, how would magnetism work? But yes, regarding inventions those would be good ideas!
@BigSmoke, as Natman says, 50 points barely make you superhumanā€¦
@gvyn, there is now a mention of weapon carried by one antagonist! (after masquerade)
@stsword good point, I just added something on this now. It will be updated on the next version.
@MooMooChkn hopefully I finally corrected that one!
@greekjohn1998 what do you think should be the opposite of charismatic? any suggestions?

Small update up.
-More options on fights (possibility of throwing objects, in some cases to wrestle opponent to the ground)
-A couple of new powers (aim, etc, so that there are miscellaneous powers for earth powers)
-Began working on the ā€œinventorā€ powers (but not finished) @Natman1025, yes, sort of that is the direction Iā€™m moving in!
-Some bug fixes
-Extended playthrough for those on the beta testing thread (only on the ā€œevilā€ path)

Issues left to deal with

-Add progress meter for current article in stats menu (@Jacic, Thanks!)
-Add possibility of port official trying to run away (fly, teleportation, water breathing to catch him, weapons dealer has a mercenary to fight). Possibility to turn them in.
-Add option for MC to invent a gadget? (high engineering and intelligence) High Frequency Blades, Railguns or Gauss rifles.
-More choices of professions (student, scientist?). On the 4th day there should be difference (engineer called away to building, student going to lecture). Thanks @GenecoInheritor
-Add instances of use of engineering, law and journalism to provide extra info to MC
-Re-write some of the dialogues for co-workers, to add flavour (a frequent complaint, so I need to work on this!). More interaction with them.
-Place all powers chosen in the power choosing page
-Add option to clear powers and choose again
-Possibility to eventually romance the boss? Having a base? working for a government organisation?
-Mr Watson chapter part II and III (romance Catalina?), Black cockroach sidekick, other sidekick, billards bar (total 5 extra)

Extra fight options

-with high engineering you can make support beams collapse on attacker (Steel Aeronaut?)
-reverse gravity when Steel Aeronaut uses propulsion jets (would thrust him into the air!)
-if MC has high psyche and he has telekinesis then MC can rip her suit just enough to let her flee (not intentionally) and an Earth powered MC can have more options to use the earth (land) to make a protective shell around or an armor or gauntlet to hit her, and so on and so forth
[/quote]

3 Likes

Love the new addition of the inventor class.

1 Like

you had me at update

1 Like

Here are some errors and typos I found

Summary

In this error when Jenny tells you about the masquerade it doesnā€™t show in that option who you invite

Again, it doesnā€™t tell you who the character is when you invite them

I found this in the grocery shop robbery when patrolling the street

For some reason thereā€™s an exclamation mark next to her pronoun

1 Like

@GuardsmanTheMad Thanks, corrected all those!

The current (small) update has several small changes and adjustments in it.
-Added progress meter for job
-Added extra fight options (can make support beam collapse on Aeronaut in bank, with high engineering, can reverse telekinesis and control gravity when facing the Aeronaut, to crash it against ceiling).
-Can now ask Beltrand or gun shop attendant to come to masquerade.

To do list
-Add possibility of port official trying to run away (fly, teleportation, water breathing to catch him, weapons dealer has a mercenary to fight). Possibility to turn them in.
-Add option for MC to invent a gadget? (high engineering and intelligence) High Frequency Blades, Railguns or Gauss rifles.
-More choices of professions (student, scientist?). On the 4th day there should be difference (engineer called away to building, student going to lecture). Thanks @GenecoInheritor
-Add instances of use of engineering, law and journalism to provide extra info to MC
-Re-write some of the dialogues for co-workers, to add flavour (a frequent complaint, so I need to work on this!). More interaction with them.
-Place all powers chosen in the power choosing page, add possibility to clear and choose again.
-Possibility to eventually romance the boss? Having a base? working for a government organisation?
-Mr Watson chapter part II and III (romance Catalina?), Black cockroach sidekick, other sidekick, billards bar (total 5 extra)

5 Likes

After the recent changes to the various combat sequences (with added options to throw things, or extra options in some powers), how do you feel about them?

• They are still repetitive. Especially, the one with Black Cockroach.
  • They are still repetitive. Especially, the ones with Steel Aeronaut.
  • They are still repetitive. Especially, the one with dock creature.
  • All of them still need more work. Combat feels very repetitive.
  • They are fine now. There are enough variety of options so that I feel Iā€™m no longer choosing the same option all the time.

0 voters

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity, whatā€™s the job with the most income ?

1 Like

This is the algorithm usedā€¦

*if occupation = ā€œlawyerā€
*set salary 3000 + (3000 * (law/100))
*set piece_of_work ā€œbriefā€
*goto end_salary
*elseif occupation =ā€œengineerā€
*set salary 2500 + (2500 * (engineering/100))
*set piece_of_work ā€œpatentā€
*goto end_salary
*elseif occupation = ā€œjournalistā€
*set salary 1500 + (1500 * (journalism/100))
*set piece_of_work ā€œarticleā€
*goto end_salary
*elseif occupation = ā€œwebpage designerā€
*set salary 2000 + (2000 * (engineering/100))
*set piece_of_work ā€œwebsite layoutā€
*goto end_salary
*else
*set salary 3000
*set piece_of_work ā€œreportā€
*goto end_salary

*label end_salary

2 Likes

If anybody has any comments, let me know! (Iā€™m happy to change itā€¦)

For the inventor can you make it so thereā€™s a way for your suit and or gadgets to increase strength and endurance.

2 Likes

Sorry, yes. So far I havenā€™t really finished with the inventor pathā€¦

1 Like

@adrao I think the opposite should be something like awkwardness if you mean Charismatic, as in he can sweet talk someone or if you use charisma as in friendly than the opposite should be aggressive, intimidating or unagreeable(donā€™t know if its actually a word lol), I mean how would you describe someone who is outgoing and friendly but he canā€™t speak without embarrassing himself ten times with just a simple hello? (I am NOT using myself as an exampleā€¦ maybe just a little bit :flushed:)
Introvert is someone who isnā€™t comfortable with people, he doesnā€™t know well, in the public in general, or is just quiet and keeping to himself with the Hi or Hello response to a greeting. I can go to the ball with Fred or Vincent and be dragged around by them, theyā€™d be speaking all night round and Iā€™d be just nodding along instead of replyingā€¦ or if it was real life and i was to go, Iā€™d be the guy to stay in the corner avoiding eye contact with anything other than my drinkā€¦ you should see me when my friends blackmail me to go with them to barsā€¦ :disappointed: That was an example of introversion. :grin:
And I didnā€™t mean that exactly, that was on me and my poor communication skills. :sweat_smile:
What I meant is that the MCā€™s actions when deciding how to speak with his colleague it was either friendly which increased Charisma or be dickish (like ignoring a colleagueā€™s greeting or When helping the captain with her case) .
I donā€™t know if I should refer to instances in the game so I blurred them as spoilers just in caseā€¦ I am around for a couple of years and still a noob :sweat:

2 Likes