Hero or Villain: Genesis (feedback thread)

oh no I like him fine enough I felt bad that he needs to eat lots of meat so I was hoping that we could somehow make it so he can have access to as much as he need

1 Like

Hullo! Haha, yes, it was my first comment ever… I mostly just lurk. And thank you ^^ Sorry for anything >_<

And I hope this helps!

1 Like

To do list
-Place all powers chosen in the power choosing page, add possibility to clear and choose again. Add a number of pre-determined super-heroes (wolverine-type, etc)
-Add some more 5 point or 15 point “small powers” (thanks @Sempurus, post #409. For example, "I can identify enemy weak points (fighting +15), thanks Blank).
-Add possibility of port official trying to run away (fly, teleportation, water breathing to catch him, weapons dealer has a mercenary to fight). Possibility to turn them in.
-Add option for MC to invent a gadget? (high engineering and intelligence) High Frequency Blades, Railguns or Gauss rifles, sprays to stun,
-More choices of professions (student, scientist?). On the 4th day there should be difference (engineer called away to building, student going to lecture). Thanks @GenecoInheritor
-billards bar and extra side stories, Possible human genome storyline? (post #431)
-Have co-worker have a birthday party? (post #470)
-Change the definition of the MC (san-kyu, ni-kyu, depending on the number of hero points)
-Dream between co-worker and secretary, make them break up?
-Side mission to properly romance the date from the masquerade. -Possibility to romance boss/Emily?
-Add side missions for villains
-Add engineering/biology checks to lower HP of enemies (aside from existing checks?)
-Drag in Mongolia part of the game. Should try to improve things there.
-Add extra options to read the mind of characters (under-developed power).
-Possibility of fight in Nepal route (needs some more work)
-Go back to post 740 to include additional actions for telepaths
–Add sequence to drain Shiroi Yuki. Possibility of raising her as vampire.

10 Likes

I’m not too sure of what the problem is? (which part are you having a problem with?)

(I did notice a few problems, which I rectified, but which one specifically you were not happy with?)

This was what i needed especially inventing gadgets , shoot let me get a ray gun to clone myself or a pill to allow me to Shapeshift jk i love it though

So… I’m almost (almost being the word) finished with the coding for the evil paths in Birth of a Superhero… or Villain.

I’m now looking for beta testers for the villain path. I know there are probably quite a few bugs and things that don’t make sense in the villain path (as the game was originally written with superheroes in mind). So, I’m looking for people who would like to playtest it, find bugs, and give suggestions (screenshots are greatly appreciated!)

So, please let me know who is interested (please just reply to this email).

Note that I still need 2-3 more days to iron out some things, but wanted to start the recruiting now. Also, note that in this beta test I will only make available the villain path (as I really want some testing on that part of the game).

8 Likes

I will

antoinnelott55@gmail.com

Please for your own good remove that email address. if you have to send it send it in a private message.
its just a suggestion but you are opening yourself up to a ton of mail from any engines and scammers with that open to the public.
have a good day bud, just trying to help.

2 Likes

New update is up for those on private threads (public thread has also been updated)

Changes:
-Supervillain routes are now almost finished (need to work a bit more on one of the fights, but completely playable now)
-Added a new category of “non-powers”, including the possibility of starting with extra money, etc. Any other thoughts about more things to add here are welcome!
-Added fight in Nepal route
- Shiroi Yuki can now be raised as a vampire… though this is not easy

To do list
-Place all powers chosen in the power choosing page, add possibility to clear and choose again. Add a number of pre-determined super-heroes (wolverine-type, etc)
-Add can identify enemy weak points (fighting +15), thanks Blank).-Add engineering/biology checks to lower HP of enemies (aside from existing checks?)
-Add possibility of port official trying to run away (fly, teleportation, water breathing to catch him, weapons dealer has a mercenary to fight). Possibility to turn them in.
-Add option for MC to invent a gadget? (high engineering and intelligence) High Frequency Blades, Railguns or Gauss rifles, sprays to stun,
-More choices of professions (student, scientist?). On the 4th day there should be difference (engineer called away to building, student going to lecture). Thanks @GenecoInheritor
-billards bar and extra side stories, Possible human genome storyline? (post #431)
-Have co-worker have a birthday party? (post #470)
-Change the definition of the MC (san-kyu, ni-kyu, depending on hero points)
-Dream between co-worker and secretary, make them break up?
-Side mission to properly romance the date from the masquerade. -Possibility to romance boss/Emily?
-Add side missions for villains
-Drag in Mongolia part of the game. Should try to improve things there.
-Add extra options to read the mind of characters (under-developed power).
-Go back to post 740 to include additional actions for telepaths

5 Likes

Response to Spoiler: Challenge accepted in at least one play through

Came to be a hero and my Pr team say i in no way stayed to be a villain Despite the Malicious rumors that have have slandered my Good name. Pets white cat while sitting in a Roll chair

what i have seen of the game so far i have liked and resulted in the mental image of me slowly pushing my wallet into my monitor like a impatient cat wanting attention.
this game has a fairly comprehensive and wide ranging customization capability for our “Potential hero”
every so often i come back and play the demo just to fight a few of the npcs and unwind from the world. the characters have both comic book and realistic personalities and flaws at the same time wich is a enjoyable mix.

1 Like

Well since i have been following thos thread and the private one why not plus i love villians but spelling and testing options is pretty much i can in the time i get soooo… Put me in coach

1 Like

Dam my grammar right there :eyes:

1 Like

don’t feel bad a major reason why i don’t really volunteer is if it wasn’t for the wavy red lines alerting me to spelling errors id personally be screwed and any time i write i fail hard with a lot of he said she said moments. There is also the fact my grammar is horrid. it would be obvious if you look at my profile history. your doing fine.

1 Like

Mask*

1 Like

Every time her name came up , her title has been lower case which it supposed to be Captain
Also a coding error when i go against Mr Watson and crusader but imma screen shot it. It mix up there genders one page it says he next she

1 Like

Just something i noticed hope it helps

the selected option has a coding issue in its description

1 Like

Think I found a mistake in the epilogue:

Villardi is referred to as a She, but the choices is calling Vildari a him.

Edit: Fixed spoiler marks.

1 Like

huh that was my last Ro play thru and I somehow missed seeing that…I am tired though guess that settles it :thinking: :sleeping:

1 Like

I will beta test the villain path.

1 Like