Hero or Villain: Genesis (feedback thread)

Found a grammatical error.

“most guest are lying down in the floor”
should be “most guest are lying down on the floor”

1 Like

I really like the game and the broad power choice it gives you, but I think it would be cool to have a villain path in the game. Not like evil side-quests, but just being a full villain, killing people and trying to take control of the city/country

1 Like

Well it’s called birth of a hero. But you can join The Dark Side even romance the sexy Irish aeronaut.

1 Like

Seriously though, I do agree the premise of this game is to mainly focus on becoming a hero :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Untrue. Some Villains know that they’re the Villain but there’s nothing they can do or are willing to do to change that so they embrace it.

3 Likes

@ABowlOfFruit, as @GenecoInheritor explained, there is currently a villain path in the private thread, though I’m holding off from inviting any more people to explore such paths until they are more complete. There will be more paths (at the moment one villain path is almost finished, as mentioned, and another one is only just being coded).

However, as @Jacic mentioned, the focus on the game will still be the hero paths (as most people seem interested in them). So, it will be possible to go down some “evil” or “vigilante” routes, though most of the content will be geared towards superheroes (as most people are interested in those paths… according to a poll I ran at some point…)

4 Likes

Hmm true, I was making a generalisation. I’d have to say in terms of well rounded villians who are human (ie not a force of evil like Sauron) or indeed real life people that are considered “evil”, they often either believe what they are doing is right, or at least justified. (ie They might know that killing someone is bad, but justify it as evening the score or getting attention for something that was done or not done for them in the past, or as the only way they can get something they feel they need.) There are human villains that are evil just because, but I find personally they’re often a bit one dimensional and don’t work as well, but they’re out there.

2 Likes

(btw sorry to all those who have posted messages here or in private threads, I’ve been super-busy with my work recently, though hopefully I will return to the game in a couple of days, and reply to each person).

2 Likes

Besides the best only Reason to be a Villain is to Romance the Aeronaut. :wink:

2 Likes

Know who this guy is ??

One day, he feels like he wants to be the Heroes he fought all these years because he feel good after embracing the personality of the Hero he once morph into … I really feel such relieve after his announcement because he had been the deadliest villain of all time, and he decided to switch to the Light :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The story seems intriguing, but the characters and dialogue seem awkward. They feel “cartoonish” than normal people and I know this is a game, but one of the things that hooks a reader into a choice of game is putting themselves or their characters into a world they’ve never been to. Thus they want to feel comfortable and have a seamless playthrough without being continuously reminded that these characters are a “stereotype” (like the office bully who you somehow can’t report to HR for horrible behavior, etc.)

Maybe you’ve updated the game by now since I just based my observations in the demo link. Anyway, that was just my perspective. Best of wishes to your game!

I love Sylar’s character in heroes. Zachary Quinto did such a good job playing him.
(Back to the topic, sorry adrao :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

yeah fallen hero is one of the COG games that do this very well

1 Like

@GenecoInheritor I cannot find the bug about the supermarket mission being offered twice… just re-uploaded the game, are you still getting it?

Otherwise, just went through latest posts, corrected some bugs and other small bits and pieces, and re-uploaded the game on the public thread (that now goes on slightly longer, up to the point when the game majorly starts to branch out).

To do list
-Add more special objects for the MC (box next to the bed)
-Make changes to the story to allow MC to start of as a vigilante, or not even a hero at all! (I have started to play in my head with how this can actually work)
-Motivations for evil characters (Probably doing something like 3 reasons like power hungry and desire of money. A destructive desire of vengeance against someone with power who did a pc a wrong (destroy pc career, killing family etc) And 3 what I call The bloody Idealist, That’s the one that wamts a good thing but use wrong tactics and don’t care about victims in the process.post #529 @poison_mara)
-Add extra dialogue options (sarcastic option and a cocky nothing can take me down). Also, extra character building for Charlotte etc (thanks @Exeldgamer, post #493)
-Add some more 5 point or 15 point “small powers” (thanks @Sempurus, post #409. For example, "I can identify enemy weak points (fighting +15), thanks Blank).
-Add possibility of port official trying to run away (fly, teleportation, water breathing to catch him, weapons dealer has a mercenary to fight). Possibility to turn them in.
-Add option for MC to invent a gadget? (high engineering and intelligence) High Frequency Blades, Railguns or Gauss rifles, sprays to stun,
-More choices of professions (student, scientist?). On the 4th day there should be difference (engineer called away to building, student going to lecture). Thanks @GenecoInheritor
-Add instances of use of engineering, law and journalism to provide extra info to MC
-Re-write some of the dialogues for co-workers, to add flavour (a frequent complaint, so I need to work on this!). More interaction with them.
-Place all powers chosen in the power choosing page, add possibility to clear and choose again.
-Possibility to eventually romance the boss? Having a base? working for a government organisation?
-Mr Watson chapter part II and III (romance Catalina?), Black cockroach sidekick, other sidekick, billards bar (total 5 extra)
-Possible human genome storyline? (post #431)
-Have co-worker have a birthday party? (post #470)
-Change the definition of the MC (san-kyu, ni-kyu, depending on the number of hero points that they have)
-Possibility to romance Emily?

5 Likes

pin her ankles to her ears and teach her how to relax.
I can only imagine the inventions the aeronaut has for that romance though :flushed:

I think the scene has changed from Bodega the first time and guy who won’t pay for food the second time. ( Another potential henchman/sidekick?)

1 Like

i personally think we should be about to create tornados and windstorms with the air powers and influance the sea with the water powers i mean i like shooting things from my hands as much as the next guy but i freaking love the power display that involves influencing the primal aspects of the planet like that

3 Likes

And as we get more powerful, we cam make the storms stronger and stronger!

2 Likes

omg yes this guys gets it!

1 Like

I sincerely believe that there is already too much op powers in game. And should add a focus in interaction with characters and use effectively the powers already in game in depth and engaging ways. If much and much powers are added, the usage of them would become shallow, due it would be impossible add meaningful content for them by the author.

I really think is more useful focus the feedback and suggestions in how implement in a original way the powers already in. And different uses in base we are a villiain a hero or a vigilante.

Of course that’s just my two cents

4 Likes

well i agree but i think in some case just showing you can do such op things deters further violence and that is what i mean by that these powers would be a last resort kind of deal

2 Likes