Hero or Villain: Genesis (feedback thread)

Played through the demo, it seems interesting so far!! Though I do have a question - will there be more opportunities to develop a romantic relationship with a character? Just curious!

Errors

I’m not sure what happened, but there seemed to be two loading errors when I was playing the demo:

This is the scene where the MC checks on the Mr. Watson situation.

This is at the end of the day (after the Mr. Watson scene), when the book asks whether or not the MC would like to rewind time.

Before the Mr. Watson situation, my MC met the shark enhanced human (and let him go) and was severely injured by the leech enhanced human. I’m not sure if the sequence/result of those events had anything to do with the error, but when I went back and played it differently (going straight to the Mr. Watson situation and then checking on it a second time) it loaded fine.

2 Likes

I noticed at some point early that during the world building in listing various cities that Bangkok, Thailand was included. It seems somewhat inconsistent, as the paragraph itself listed cities such as Paris or Cairo. I’d have to go back and find that specific paragraph. Why is it like that?

Edit:

Summary

“Real identity is unknown. Modus operandi is what you see here, blast into a bank, steal everything inside, and fly away. 10 known bank robberies around the planet: Beijing, New Delhi, Bangkok, Thailand, Paris, Milan, Istanbul, Cairo. Last time it was sighted was in London, barely a week ago. Classification: possibly ni-kyu (2nd level). Has defeated several high profile san-kyu…”

1 Like

Catalina Tidal Bore of course :blush: Don’t forget to make her as a love interest :grin:

I would say the answer is definitely Yes :wink: actually at the start of this WIP @adrao the author had request fans to give inputs regarding what we want in the story, and that include request to make certain character as love interest as well as adding romantic/cosy scene with that character in certain scene :blush:

The author had already made a notes regarding all our request and suggestion , and plan to implement them once he is free…

So if you have any suggestion on how to improve a certain romantic relationship with a certain character, you can always suggest here … We are all here to help in this project :wink:

3 Likes

Something thats sad is that you dont have as mich variety with the element based powers as opposed to animal powers. You cant choose any element based powers. Hopefully this will change :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

After we choose to absorb the stone for ourselves, the story continues as if that didn’t happen and steel aeronaut took it. Also, I think it would be a good addition to make it possible to reset the hero points when selecting powers. There is also a typo below: he should be the.

2 Likes

Wind should be mind

1 Like

General
One of the villain paths is currently being coded!

Replies (from post ~300 to post 318)

@AmericanShakespeare, @Blank, @Chaosteress, not sure I really want to add any more powers, as there are too many and I have advanced too much with other chapters… so no mind power illusions, sorry…

@Blank, added a comment about your mum being a different blood group (so not possible to make transfusion…). Somehow from a story point of view it would be too easy to let the MC off so easily, as this will later probably present a major dilemma (coded it already, hopefully you will get to try it soon!). Arthur is not yet a RO (though you can take him to masquerade, but nothing else has been coded, not sure there is that much interest for this RO?)

@Nidokingler, you can now select other things in your superhero costume.

Issues left to deal with
@GenecoInheritor earth powers have no miscellaneous ones (maybe plant powers? mmmm)
-Add progress meter for current article in stats menu (@Jacic, Thanks!)
-Add possibility of port official trying to run away (fly, teleportation, water breathing to catch him, weapons dealer has a mercenary to fight). Possibility to turn them in.
-Add option for MC to invent a gadget? (high engineering and intelligence)
-More choices of professions (student, scientist?). On the 4th day there should be difference (engineer called away to building, student going to lecture). Thanks @GenecoInheritor
-Add instances of use of engineering, law and journalism to provide extra info to MC
-Re-write some of the dialogues for co-workers, to add flavour (a frequent complaint, so I need to work on this!). More interaction with them.
-Place all powers chosen in the power choosing page
-Add option to clear powers and choose again
-Possibility to eventually romance the boss? Having a base? working for a government organisation?
-Mr Watson chapter part II and III (romance Catalina?), Black cockroach sidekick, other sidekick, billards bar (total 5 extra)

Extra fight options

-with high engineering you can make support beams collapse on attacker (Steel Aeronaut?)
-reverse gravity when Steel Aeronaut uses propulsion jets (would thrust him into the air!)
-if MC has high psyche and he has telekinesis then MC can rip her suit just enough to let her flee (not intentionally) and an Earth powered MC can have more options to use the earth (land) to make a protective shell around or an armor or gauntlet to hit her, and so on and so forth

9 Likes

Raquel was my first love. But, little did she know me and Ralph also had a thing going.

think that’s supposed to be Rachel :sweat_smile:

When beating the thugs who’re fighting Tidal Bore can you add an option to Teleport there and beat 'em instead of walking or running…

Game breaking error when taking stone from museum and going to stats screen

1 Like

Man,you could put super strenght in this, but its already awesome

1 Like

You already have access to super strength depending on what power you choose

1 Like

As @Nidokingler said, superstrength is already available. Or, you mean there are instances where you thought you could use superstrength but there was no option available? (let me know and I can code them in)

could youplease tell me what powers i have to choose to have super strenght ? becuse i didnt see inthe miscellaneous powers .

1 Like

Attribute enhancing powers

2 Likes

I would be robbing some banks if i had these powers lol

1 Like

Im not actually a english speaker so, super strength is called what ? because I didn’t see in there (sorry, im know its annoyngbut i really want to make a superman like character).

1 Like

Don’t have any idea how to explain, sorry. Try using google translator

1 Like

There isn’t an actual “super strength” power, but when you’re selecting your powers, if you select the option “Attribute enhancing powers,” it’ll show you choices that improve your stats. What you want is one of the options that end in (STR +#). (STR +10) is the lowest strength boost, (STR +60) is the highest (and probably more superman-like). Hope this helps!

3 Likes

What @ColorWheel wheel said. Look for enhancements that have +STR on them to increase the amount of strength you have. (“STR” = “strength”)

2 Likes

You’ll love the second part of the game then, have already coded the bank-robbing scene!

1 Like

So i can steal some money.

2 Likes