Hero or Villain: Genesis (feedback thread)

Sorry for the lack of replies for a while, just got back to Jakarta and new to deal with a lot of accumulated work. Hopefully next week I will return to the game and address some of the latest comments (thanks for those!)

5 Likes

Glad you arrived safely

2 Likes

Has made your homework I think done would make more sense

1 Like

So what were some of the new professions you were thinking and the stats that would go with them ?

1 Like

Sorry for the lack of progress on the game, I started a new job yesterday, so basically Iā€™m not having as much free time as I would want. But, hopefully I might be able to start working on this again towards the end of the week.

Regarding new professions, I havenā€™t thought so much about it yet. The only thing is that they should be office based, as otherwise they wouldnā€™t fit in well with the story (somehow there needs to be a boss shouting at you, etc). If you can think of any other office-based jobs you would like to have in there, let me know!

4 Likes

A docter or nurse could be really cool

1 Like

Teacher/Professor would be interesting

1 Like

T the problem with those would be to make them fit into an office environmentā€¦ Mmmm

If you have time I posted alot of stuff after you left for a fww days

1 Like

You donā€™t really have an angry boss yelling at you. The job is also in a hospital with live patients and not an office so i do not think how much that could work, but it can send the ā€˜first aidā€™ stat sky high :grin:

How about an economist? :thinking:

1 Like

Actually a doctor has to fill out reports as well

It says that I allowed then to get away with the stone even though I absorbed it :.

Amazing game btw and can we choose other superpowers later on or only at the beginning? because I didnt spend all my HP, should I regret that?

1 Like

Sorry again for the long silence, this new job and a backlog of work have prevented me from making any progress (hopefully next week, though I keep saying thisā€¦)

@Nadin2011, yes you should have spent all the hero points, I better make a note about this in the game.

6 Likes

Ah, thank youšŸ˜…. Cant wait for more fire powers, because they dont really have many.

1 Like

Very great use of powers and stat checks

1 Like

Ok so I have up completely working on the first half of the story before going on holidays. But, while on holidays Iā€™ll be writing the second half of the story. Hopefully this means that Iā€™ll be able to make good progress in may, after I return.

6 Likes

So, new update is up! In this update:

-Most of the professions now have a second option to choose from (as in, you can now be a civil engineer, aerospace engineer, etcā€¦)
-Some extra options in the dock side mission (thanks @Jacic!)
-New side mission (second patrolling streets side mission, introducing a new potential adversary, or maybe side kick?)

Otherwise while on holidays I continued writing the next part of the story, though I havenā€™t coded any of it yet. Hoping to finish working on all the issues I listed in post #300, and any other comments made from that post (sorry if I didnā€™t address them yet, need to balance addressing comments with writing new parts of the gameā€¦)

16 Likes

When you try to control the villainā€™s mind at the party it says ā€œyou canā€™t reach their Windā€ mind was misspelled

Also love the update!

1 Like

Thanks, will correct in my next update (well, whenever I go through all the comments from threat 300). Today I was re-working the ending scene, which now includes answering a couple of questions from a journalist as you leave the scene, and an improved dialogue with the ginger woman. Iā€™m hoping to start moving the story forward in the next couple of weeks, though I am still aware that I need to address many comments in the first half, and that the Tidal Bore side story still needs work.

4 Likes

Out of curiosity, of the potential three side-kicks introduced, who do you like best?

• I prefer Black Cockroach
  • I prefer Tidal Bore
  • I prefer Shark Man
  • Donā€™t like at all Black Cockroach, always defeated him and sent him to jail
  • Donā€™t like at all Shark Man, fought him

0 voters

3 Likes