Hero or Villain: Genesis (feedback thread)

Would it be possible if our first aid is high or medium to offer to help tidal bore with her leg considering it probably is bruised or sprained in some way.

2 Likes

top is mentioned twice when describing the outfit

1 Like

Maybe with intelligence it should be possible to improve the captains plan that a looks for her to get away and maybe have a extra attack opition

1 Like

Me again but I picked the opition to get the stone and teleport out but nothing different happened is this a glitch?

1 Like

Hey after the initial meeting with tidal bore I no longer get the opition to check on the case

1 Like

Sorry for the massive spam once again XD but maybe if we have telekinesis we can force the person at the bar to take off her mask to even the playing field

1 Like

@Blank, thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I implemented the ankle sprain and first aid suggestion. I wonder why you can no longer access it, did you use rewind time powers? (that could explain things, but it has a very difficult fix…)

-Outfit description improved
-Implemented also superjump. @Blank
-Created restraining vines @GenecoInheritor, @Eric_knight
-Created extra text with high intelligence or psyche, describing the antennas of the creature @Blank
-Checked teleport option in the museum, but it seems ok. Basically the stone breaks your concentration, so you still get blasted (a case of railroading… @Blank, sorry…)

@Blank, which bar are you talking about? (sorry I am confused by the instance you are referring to… you mean at the end with the Steel Aeronaut?) Why would this level the playing field?

2 Likes

She knows what you look like but we don’t know what her face looks like and she doesn’t reveal it on her on I was referring to the one with steel areonaunt

1 Like

I as well didn’t rewind time I was using the mind powers

1 Like

Vine whip for another attack but if you have general vine powers any circumstances you don’t want to hear down as an option ( say the usual restraint psychic power is now an attack) can change the plant equivalent to Vine Whip.

Rewind could use some calibration eventually perhaps if it let’s you retain information or if you can pull a Max Caulfield. You grab the enemy’s gun and rewind time they reach for their gun but it’s gone because you have it .

Enhanced strength option with justification of being “Rooted” in nature. Though fire makes you weaker.

1 Like

Latest updates other changes:
-Major expansions in TV descriptions of what is happening in the world (as per one of the posts yesterday)
-Made fighting scene with BC longer (still to do steel aeronaut, etc)
-Improved choice of names and genders, to better include NB players (do let me know if anything needs improving). Basically this means that player is more clearly being asked about gender, though game is not gender-locked…
-After the first fight with steel aeronaut it is not possible to do something else in the evening (thanks @Blank, though not possible to go to office as MC would be dirty from all the fighting, dust, etc). Anyway you still have the option of working on your assignment at home. This effectively means that if the MC has endurance >20 he/she gets an extra evening to do side-missions, which is a great plus (or potentially a great danger?)

Issues left to deal with:
-Changes to Steel Aeronaut fight with high psyche (fight back and end up crashing into wall?). Ability to all stay counscious though sheer will power
-Maybe add plant powers (influence relationships through pheromones, get information, etc)
-Add possibility of port official trying to run away (fly, teleportation, water breathing to catch him, weapons dealer has a mercenary to fight). Possibility to turn them in.
-Add option for MC to invent a gadget? (high engineering and intelligence)
-More choices of professions (student, scientist?). On the 4th day there should be difference (engineer called away to building, student going to lecture). Thanks @GenecoInheritor
-Make fight scenes longer?
-Add instances of use of engineering, law and journalism to provide extra info to MC
-Re-write some of the dialogues for co-workers, to add flavour (a frequent complaint, so I need to work on this!)
-Look at possibility of influencing boss with mind powers
-Change the description of why the MC is being shouted at (if high charisma/intelligence they should refer to frequent absence, little work done, etc). MC feels as if nothing they do matters (so there should be some room for that)
-Place all powers chosen in the power choosing page
-Add option to clear powers and choose again
-Possibility to eventually romance the boss? Having a base? working for a government organisation? become a villain?

2 Likes

Possible outcome giving up your powers to live a normal life?

2 Likes

During our mission with the captain against the leech creature, when we were on our way to buy Vodka …i feel that there can be some cosy moment between the MC and the captain :slight_smile: perhaps just to express our gratitude towards her trust on us and the captain in return can also explain why she is willing to take such great risk with a “couple mission” with us, this will be great opportunity for MC and the Captain to know one another much more if the Captain is a RO :smile:

What if you add the power to be intangible. It would be similar to super speed but without the super speed and you could go through solid objects and this could even fit well with the air element, shadow, and light power maybe even water.

1 Like
typos, errors and other crap

If you can recall correctly her name is captain Villardi, an exceptionally charismatic officer

Captain

Mostly everywhere the Captain has a small “c” which should be capitalized

“Panthera and Steel Aeronaut battle again at the museum!”

MC and Steel Aeronaut had a confrontation before too?

He is rather young, with his tanned skinned contrasting heavily with the complete witness of his lab coat.

skin____________whiteness

Go back to meet Catalina, to see if there have been any updates on Mr. Watson

I haven’t really met Catalina yet

You are lucky enough to arrive there just about she is about to leave the building.

as or about the same time as

The time goes pass, and you observe how a couple of elderly people slowly return to the building with their bags of shopping.

Whut?!

Suddenly, a couple of cars accelerate pass the street, screeching to a halt just in front of the building,

a couple of accelerating cars pass the street
Or
a couple of cars accelerate past the street

His comments yesterday about homo sapiens superior have caused a political storm, and this new term is suddenly widely used by the media.

“has suddenly become trending” sounds better than “suddenly widely” :stuck_out_tongue:

The news features a short interview with Senator McEgan, an thin elderly woman with long silver hair.

a

Full stop.

Period. (Cause not many people say full stop nowadays)

They cannot be treated like guinea-pigs, and there is no way that this pathetic Enhanced Human Genome Institute is going to sick probes into them.

stick

Following your encounter with Tidal Bore it is clear that Mr. Watson is a dangerous criminal, who is using intimidation and violence to achieve his aims. You could go back to meet Catalina, and try to see if there have been any developments in the case against Mr. Watson.

Okay but…

+Patrol the streets of New York
+Go and see if captain Villardi has something +you could help her with
+Stay home and work on your brief
+Go to the darts bar
+Join one of the martial art gyms
+Go and try to see if you can buy some weapons and gear
+Actually, you are feeling quite tired, maybe better to stay home and get some rest

The option isn’t there anymore

Prof. Ruvrund talks about the potential dangers of the entire human race not becoming enhanced, as he fears that home sapiens would suffer the same destiny as home neanderthalensis, who was exterminated by the former.

homo

home sapiens and home neanderthalensis coexisted together, and even interbred. There are many to consider that they were not a different race from us. Hence, your arguments completely lack any legal clarity

homo

The is again very good, and this time you learn effective ways to block an adversary’s punches and kicks.

This is (?)

2 Likes

Water, Air and shadow cant go through solid stuff and light can only go through transparent stuff so it won’t really be that useful in fights as one can easily break stuff while going through :stuck_out_tongue:

Also is Steel Aeronaut RO? I feel like that can make for an awesome chaotic relationship like Prodigal in Hero Rise :smile:

1 Like

Sorry if I didn’t explain well enough I don’t mean solid as in brick wall I mean as in iron bars,chain link fence kinda deal, being able to go through walls kind makes being trapped or killed impossible. For instance for water you could turn into a puddle while ,shadow you turn into a Shadow, light you could turn into a ball of light, and air you could become wind

2 Likes

Thoughts on the Birth of a Hero Demo/Beta/Thingy

Spoiler: I liked it, really hope you keep going with it. And it’s for that reason that I’ll leave my full thoughts below.

1 First point (Meteors, Powers and “My little super hero can’t be this heroic!”), I find it rather interesting how you chose to give and explain powers within the setting. I don’t know how far you have planned this aspect, and whether you will be delving deep into the history, purpose and mechanics of the powers, but it is still an interesting aspect and I would strongly urge you to explore it.

Questions like, why Strange space rocks would give you powers? Where did the space rocks come from? Why do they attract people? Where they made? If so who made them, and why? How do the powers work? Do they draw energy from the rocks, the environment, our bodies, other dimensions?

Now onto what I liked about the Space Rocks of Power: Making it a resource (And Most importantly to me limited as it is.) gives a sense of weight to the situation (Especially to the loss, gain or protection of the stone later on.). And to be honest makes it feel rather real, with governments and interested (Greedy or heroic) individuals trying to collect as many as possible.

Because why the hell wouldn’t you, for instance if you knew powers were passed down by blood, wouldn’t you get a blood test? This can be seen with people paying money just to see a small pebble so to speak.

Though I feel that there could be a bit more weight added to this…A comment by a co-worker on how cool it is, Exhausted officers thinking how nice it would be to have powers, increased security, though most importantly the threat of someone trying to take it should be made way more seriously.

(To be continued.)

5 Likes

Okay the who made the rocks and where they come from were clearly answered a Astrorode was headed toward earth and blown up most likely infusing the stones with radiative chemicals thus by picking them up the body is mutated. Most likely they don’t attract people and human curiosity makes you touch them. @Oirbse

1 Like

I meant more that the Astrorode would have had to been special before it was blown up (Like what it broke off from, where it came from, was it always there, did something make it), because we have had countless astrorode impacts on earth.

Edit: And secondly, the MC will note that the smaller stone was calling them, plus the miners from chille were called as well

1 Like