The year is 1390, and in an England still recovering from famine, plague and armed rebellion, a new disaster seems set to befall the royal house. Prince Bertram, heir to the throne, has been kidnapped, and Lady Catherine of the King’s Own Retainers is hard on the trail – with you as her faithful squire.
Your search has brought you to the market-town of Crook’s Field – but as you begin to make enquiries you discover a much stranger festival being held on the outskirts. The Goblin Market is in full swing, and any one of its denizens might hold a clue to finding the Prince – or offer other experiences you can hardly dream of.
Will you be tempted by the fortune-teller and her young apprentice? Dazzled by the alchemist and his golden promises? Drawn into the tent of marvels, and to the dancers who hide behind their veils? Or will you stay loyal to Lady Catherine – and perhaps even hope to be more than a squire to her.
The Market, so they tell you, can provide all these things and more – as long as you’re prepared to pay the price…
Beyond the Fields We Know is a medieval knightly adventure crossing over into the lands of Faerie.
- Play as a male, female or non-binary squire of the house of Dacre
- Master the knightly arts of combat, chivalry, falconry, music and more
- Pick sides in the cut-throat field of 14th-Century politics
- Befriend nobles, common folk, churchmen and Fae
- Battle in tournaments for glory, or duel after dark for blood
- Travel beyond the borders of our world into perilous woods and monster-haunted castles
- Insult people in rhyme!
Beyond the Fields We Know currently stands at around 75K words for chapters 1-6. The game’s likely to be 10 chapters total when completed.
I’d really appreciate your feedback on this first section of the game - questions, comments and suggestions are all welcome!