Balance of Superpower 2: Tricentennial (released! ^_^)

Because I joined the CoG forum on this day, in 2020 :slight_smile:

My B-day is pretty soon though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ooh advanced happy b’day then…

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try to finish chapter 9 completely by that point :slight_smile:

1 Like

G’Luck @Rustem_Khafizov

2 Likes

A small but neat update today: added 2 more RO adventures, specifically Lex and Misty (Sky version), thus 16 out of the 22 chapter 9 paths are now playable with 6 more left to go! :slight_smile:

Also, the pictures of the prominent Ubermensch operatives (the ones introduced in Chapter 4) are now available! They are drawn by the great RobertDraw, of course! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Why do the portraits of the sinful seven look more detailed than the other portraits?

2 Likes

To make them more intimidating! And also because there’s less opportunity for the reader to get to know these characters, so the portraits really need to nail who they are :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I felt like Stonewall stole Madison’s haircut but she and all the other villains still look great. :grinning:

1 Like

Maybe that’s just Ubemensch fashion? :wink:

Thank you! I’m glad you liked them! :blush:

1 Like

After all, they are a symbol of rebellion against the status quo and more so as Senator Russell leads the polls in the elections. :thinking:

1 Like

Happy Chinese New Year from Mexico. :slightly_smiling_face:

We are already in the year of the Tiger and that reminds me that the Tiger is the animal that defines our competitive fighter Jun. :tiger:

You will already know why, I will not spoil this incredible story.

1 Like

Oi @Rustem_Khafizov any of the Ubermensch that’s not actually bad or neutral or chaotic good, like bad but not evil? (Sorry lol wrong phrase).

2 Likes

Also one of my twin girls liked first part of the Balance :smile_cat::smirk_cat::kissing_cat:

I’m actually waiting to see how much damage Goddess would actually do directly, would that happen in this part of the series?
And (belated) Happy Lunar New Year /Happy Spring Festival…

2 Likes

Thank you! Today is also Windbreaker’s birthday, technically. :slight_smile:

Hmm, well it depends on one’s interpretation. I’d say that some Ubermensch have somewhat understandable reasons for doing what they’re doing (like Stonewall, or Din (whose backstory is revealed a bit more in chapter 10 if the evil route is chosen))

If we count the Sinful Seven, Pandora comes to mind, as her alignment (in D&D terms) is True Neutral. She isn’t supportive of Ubermensch, but also doesn’t care enough to oppose them. Maw is another case where she is basically like a large animal who is neither evil nor good; she’s just trying to live.

And then there’s villains like Raven or Hive who view their actions as morally good and righteous.

Glad to hear that! :slight_smile: she’s definitely in a minority, sadly :sweat_smile:

The battle with Goddes, and her subseqent defeat or victory, happens in this game, yes.

1 Like

Oi @Rustem_Khafizov any of the heroes or good guys that has powerful very unfair and punishing powers? Like a strong power but it actually hurts either directly or indirectly, physically or mentally everytime they use their powers?!?

2 Likes

:scream_cat::smirk_cat::kissing_cat: that’s great, your creation so… That’s some part of your brain, some neurons in your brain…so technically it’s b’day of those neurons…

2 Likes

You know, I can’t really think of anyone aside from Felix. I guess it’s possible to classify Corporal augmented as such, since their powers come with all sorts of challenges and they are often disliked by regular humans and even other augmented.

There are some powers that lead to weaknesses, like with North being susceptible to heat because of his ice powers. There is also this student who calls himself Diaphane who has x-ray vision, but because of that he always wears sunglasses as his eyes are sensitive to light.

1 Like

I mean a character that’s like when they USE their power it gives them immense pain or something like that… For example in the IF I’m working on there’s a minor character called Mr. Slime and he can change his body parts into different types of slime like acidic, poisonous etc but he have to release that body part to use that slime and it gives him extreme pain and the body part grows back very very slowly, pretty useless but incredibly powerful yet it has severe and crazy drawbacks… Kinda like payment for the power…

2 Likes

That’s a pretty cool idea!

I think Rio is probably the closest to that since their powers often work with a “you have to give something to gain something” way. Like, if they are healing someone, they themselves will feel worse health-wise, and if they are making the environment around them hotter, they feel cold. Or when they slow down time, they feel themselves age faster.

2 Likes

Exactly, closest thing to what I meant…

Damn, I almost forgot that this is a thing for them…

Thanks lol when your world is set in far far future and you have both biological and paranormal superpowers but MC have to be OP than anyone should be, you need something to make it spicier, crazier and dead harder…

3 Likes