Recommended WIP's: Consolidation Thread

And this author feels fuzzy since there’s The Hunter’s Sacrifice on your list. Thank you for including it :slight_smile:

Let me use this opportunity to give a shout out to Mordred: Blood Cries Afar by @Protagonist and Donor by @Elena_H. Captivating reading awaits you, should you give them a try.

6 Likes

@Elsee @kirakana Thank you so much for the mentions!!! You guys totally made my morning :heart:

Edit: I somehow missed it earlier (sorry! :frowning: ), but thanks to @Punchysporkk as well!

3 Likes

@kirakana Well, cheers! Delighted to hear that you enjoyed it.

1 Like

@ToxicDreams Villain : The Catalyst
I enjoy the fresh take on many of the elements hat make super powered stories interesting.

@MeltingPenguins Curious Cuisine
The combination of super powers and cuisine is brilliant, but the more impressive feat, is the fact that they are presented in equally interesting ways.

@Carawen The Shadow Society
I admire the descriptive writing style. The story makes it very easy to to place ones self in the the MC’s mind frame.

@Samuel_H_Young The Enchanter’s Misery
All of the works by this author are noteworthy. This one, in particular, gives me a feeling of nostalgia, as it is highly reminiscent of my days playing table top RPGs.

@Leem Reports From Philomena
I admire the sense of intrigue that this story has already managed to relay. The author has displayed a great skill at setting tone, that I am sure will pay off in the continuation of the story.

@SmolPirate Law-Abiding Citizen
I enjoy the use of dialogue, as it humanizes the characters, and makes them seem like real people.

@rinari Shepherds Of Haven
This is an immensely entertaining piece, that gives the feeling of a robust scope. The story feels very “big”, in a way that suggests that there is more happening in the world than is portrayed through the main story.

@bl00dragon The Wight King
The writing in this work, is inspired. Many wonderful elements of epic fantasies, questing fantasies, battle fantasies, along with others, are relayed with an almost poetic tone.

Though I have listed these wonderful examples, many beautiful/exciting/intriguing/creative/inventive elements can be found in all works. I admire those with the passion and courage to share their insights into the human experience through writing, and all who lend their talents to the artistic cosmos.

14 Likes

There are a lot of great WIPs and amazing authors out there, but if I have to pick my absolute favourite… I’d say A Drop of Night by @Ylva

1 Like

Thank you for the very high praise for Shepherds of Haven, @Blmc000! I’m honored! :blush:

1 Like

I was mentioned four times already? What kind of sorcery is this? :japanese_goblin:

Well, thank you guys anyway. :blush:

Dies from being praised on his writing.

2 Likes

cries

Thank you, this means a lot to me. You just made my day :blush:

3 Likes

I really don’t think there are enough times people can emphasize Shepherd’s of Haven.

Also, pretty much all the other ones everybody listed are ones I like too. It takes too long get into all the good points about each of them, and not all of them have the same strengths, but that’s fine. Otherwise it’d get boring seeing everyone focus on the same thing.

I can’t personally verify it, but knowing how hard I worked on my WIPS that are still in the baby stages, I’m confident they all worked really hard on there things and should be proud of them.

5 Likes

hahaha thank you so much for such high praise!! I definitely think that future iterations will be much better (now that I’ve gotten a hang of things) and I’m glad that you enjoyed some of the features designed into the game play!!

I love it when people have a good time playing the game so I’m super excited and happy to hear that :smile: Looking forward to the full version when it is finally published on the playstore!!!

1 Like

And after I inadvertently admonished you for calling yourself lazy… Thank you, I’m not worthy!!! :sob::pray::sob:

It’s truly mind blowing to see my WIP mentioned so much. And tremendously flattering gotta say thank you all for the praise and appreciation.

Also means I better get back at it.
Much luv

9 Likes

I second any mentions of A Thousand Miles of Sky by @SirEdmund! I admittedly need to read way more WIPs (I tend to avoid them only because my own work gets so easily influenced) but this one really captivated me! :grin:

Thank you so much, that really means a lot to me! :sob:

Does anyone know what the name of that one CoG with an immortal female warrior in demonic armor who was basically a walking corpse being kept alive by it, travelling across a ruined world?

2 Likes

I think you’re talking about Slayer of Evil

Edited: Yeah, you’re talking about that one. Just looked it up.

2 Likes

I thought it was Daemonicus Alton or something.

2 Likes

Might’ve had a name change. I’d have to replay it but from what I remember of it it’d definitely be in my top 10. Maybe even top 5. The concept alone is brilliant.

Just checked. It’s not. SoE seems to be some scifi type CoG. The one I’m talking about’s more of a fantasy.

Ah, Daemonocius Altor is probably the one you’re looking for then as hustlertwo said. Not sure about the spelling being correct or not.

1 Like