Recommended WIP's: Consolidation Thread

Oh dang, mentions!

Wasn’t really expecting them, to be entirely honest. Thanks for the support, @SirEdmund, @Beezlebub, and @RenaB (plus anyone I missed). Just a note though, I totally have a coauthor, AugustArria, so it’s definitely not just me who gets the credit if you like Diaspora (I’d hate for him to get less of it than he deserves!) :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Both @spytim 's Operative and yours Thousand Miles of Sky are unique distinguish space opera …and No they are not Star Wars, which i am glad :stuck_out_tongue:

Operative is like Starcraft while Thousand Miles of sky can be Firefly :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me :sob:

If The Operative is like Starcraft, I’ll definitely have to check it out. So many great recommendations in this thread.

5 Likes

@SirEdmund I love firefly so I’ll have to check your story out. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh… for my opinion , it is shaping out nicely … we have a dubious Emperor , a cute Ghost operative (Nova) , a potential ex-lover who gone rogue ? (Sarah Kerrigan) and MC is still Jim Reynor before he realise the cruelty of the Emperor

it is still in the process of recruiting , but we already have some interesting characters…although their personality are different from Firefly crew, well the ex-wife is of course totally different from Inara Senna (the companion), she is much more fierce …Lol

I am still hoping for a River Tam though :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Ah, my grateful heart! The newest update is dedicated to you. Thank you for being a supportive reader, @Revache! (:

4 Likes

There’s a lot of good ones, but the ones I’m most looking forward to are Guinivere: Book Two by @jeantown, Model Citizens: Unmasked by @RenaB and Children of the Gods by @Rohie.

5 Likes

Y’all should go pipe up on the Twitter thread about best (published) ChoiceScript games.

12 Likes

For me personally it’s:
Law-Abiding Citizens by @SmolPirate
The Shadow Society by @Carawen
Mass Mother Murderer by @Samuel_H_Young
The Price of Freedom: Innocence Lost by @Avery_Moore but it’s technically not WIP anymore
Bright Eyes, Black Blood by @Leda although it’s been taken down from this forum, so I don’t know if it has not been abandoned - I hope not
A Tran’s Life published by @hexfur (author wishes to stay anonymous)
High School Revenge by @Sucof

9 Likes

Wow more people like my game :relaxed:
Thank you so much!

I had no idea coming to the forum around a year ago would change my life so much, it really shows that there’s a lot of nice and supportive people around the world. Really thank you so much, writing my game so people can enjoy it is like the best feeling in the world uwu.

Anyways, I’m getting mushy so I’ll put here my favs too.

Curious Cuisine by @MeltingPenguins

• So good, definetly would play over and over again. We don’t have enough games about cooking! Mixed with superheros :ok_hand:

The Shadow Society by @Carawen

• The characters, the dialogue, the story. Gosh I’m a sucker for all! Never replayed a game so many times.

Model Citizens: Unmasked by @RenaB

• THE CHARACTERS ARE A GIFT! Thank you for such a good game with great interactions, I’ve never loved a male character as much as I love Ricky.

Totem Force by @ParrotWatcher

• It’s Power Rangers but better. Love how much customization there is and how everything really is fresh and gives me flashbacks to my childhood. Love it!

SoS: The Mortal Coil by @Dae-kalina

• So well written, it’s like I’m reading a book by a famous author. I look up to this person and hope to write like them some day. The story just pulls you in and it’s so remembarable!

The Enchanter’s Misery by @Samuel_H_Young

• Ugh it’s sooooo goood! I would have paid for this game even if it was so overpriced. I love the feel the game gives, the comedy is right up my alley, and being a gravedigger has never been so interesting. Recommended to anyone!

Fox of Sunholt by @smod

• First wip that I had played where the romance made me wheeze. Love it, the interactions between the characters and the MC are priceless! Smod also draws really good, they know what the readers want.

The Operatives: Fires of Revolution by @spytim

• I’m invested in everything. Believe me I’m not a huge fan of the genre but this game is my only exception. I’m so into the story and I can’t wait for more updates!

Mass Mother Murder by @Samuel_H_Young

• Another great game by this talented person. I am obsessed with true crime and murder, it’s 50% of my life. This game is everything I needed, magic with murder is a great combination. Thank you for creating this masterpiece.

Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights by @Snoe

• Teach me your ways! I love the characters and the writing. The story was interesting from the beginning and I love how the MC is truly different depending on your choices and how the characters react to that difference! Can’t recommend enough.

I’m sure there are many other awesome Wips that I’ve played but can’t remember well (which is not surprising given my shitty memory). Just wanted to say that it is so enjoyable to be surrounded by such creative and kind people, I’ve never felt more at home and I hope that you’ll have a bright future with tons of happiness. Keep fighting! :smile:

19 Likes

It’s great that you’re having such a good time on the forum, @SmolPirate! It certainly is an awesome place that’s really helpful for us aspiring and HG authors. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thanks so much for your praise of my WIPs :fire:

1 Like

Top WIP’s are:

High School Revenge
Atheina: A Story of Gods
Diaspora
Bright City
The War for the West and
United We Stand

So far because i haven’t tried many WIPs yet

3 Likes

Thank you for being so welcoming! Keep up with the awesome work ^-^

1 Like

I just want to pop in here and thank everyone who has mentioned my game :sob: it’s really amazing as a newbie to this site to have people like what you do, and I can only hope that you’ll enjoy the rest of the TSS experience :heart:

12 Likes

There are so many good WIPs here, but my favorite so far is: The Unwanted Warrior

6 Likes

Wow! Thanks for the shout-out :smile: Definitely flattered and honored to have made your list!!!

3 Likes

I love the stat interactions and the fact that there’s no easy way out in your game. You have to make hard choices and sacrifice relationships or even people in order to both further yourself and get further along in whatever goals your working towards. As a result each run feels extremely tailored to whatever play-style you’ve chosen to adopt for that session.

• You can be a caring person who’s doing everything in their power to protect their sibling.
  • You can be a brutal survivalist who only cares about themselves.
  • You can try to curry favor with your higher ups either for yourself or for others.

Or you can try to help everybody at the expense of yourself which causes you to fall short in that goal and ultimately help nobody ( no easy way out ).

There’s dozens of other permutations and they all feel like they were given equal attention in order to make them valid and fully realized paths you can explore.

Excellent writing and manipulation of choice script my friend. None of the WIP’s I listed in my 10 are short of excellent and yours’ is no exception.

2 Likes

Mordred, Freak, Diaspora and Fox of Sunholt are probably my favies of what’s been mentioned. I do however think we’re overlooking A Hag Called Fate by @Hex which I feel is really unique in it’s setup and has a lot of potential.

Also Mordred, because it deserves to be mentioned twice, as the rest of the thread has more or less established.

3 Likes

Ok! New question for today:

4 Likes

My game has been moved into an opt-in adult forum. If you’ve over 18, I would take a look at the forum stickies.

So far this year I’ve been impressed with An Absinthian Ballad, Mass Mother Murderer, and A Witch’s Curse. I’m enjoying sifting through all the games I’ve missed!

3 Likes