Best of Us [BETA TESTING]

They are there. But they are revealed only once the outfit has been selected and the MC is actually operating as a hero/vigilante.

Oh, hey, my mistake! Sorry. I checked before the outfit, found it odd, never double-checked.

Just a thought, perhaps as a power option we could have ‘super rich’ or ‘super famous’ so that the MC has “the billions to back it up”,and might develop the story differently when it comes to identity (reveals) with such a wealthy/well known public figure

Would it be possible to allow for a point system that lets us put multiple points into a specific power to make it stronger? I.E. super strength 1 point = 1,000 pounds, super strength 2 points = 10,000 super strength 3 points 100,000 and so on? Same with stats like super speed or agility ( I.E. reaction time ).

1 Like

I really enjoyed the update so far it’s a great story

Amazing so far, can’t wait! Also seems like there should be some great replay ability if there are different paths to say as to whether or not your a blood thirsty killer or a friendly “night crawler” to say. Also, can you add “Web-Shooting” to the list of powers so I can truly be Spider-Man? Thanks!

Amazing game so far but would it be possible that when you are choosing in the secondary powers like super strength and the likes that 4 power slots be available instead of 3?

Just throwing this out there - will there be an option to romance Nightreaver or Aurora based on your Benign/Brutal score?

This is a really fun demo, and I just love how you can choose what language/nationality your character is, I just love it when you can do that in games and I really really like how you can pick your powers, it reminds me of the City of Villians/Heros games (Which I played so much when it was still online) I can’t wait to see more!

Awesome game, just played the new update and I’m looking forward to the full game.

There is just one problem I found:
when I pick a sub-power, then deselect my choice, the power disappears from the sub-power list and the only way to get it back is by restarting the game.

Thanks for your help,
Blue Knight

Nice, can never go wrong with a super hero CoG :smiley:

But I do wonder, will the MC be dead set on becoming some famously known hero or will there be an option to be a mostly unknown and mysterious hero?
I very much like the idea of being a hero that tries to stay anonymous, leaving only a calling card of some sort (maybe a simple card with their hero name on it) as a sign of their involvement, but of course may end up being drawn into the spotlight by some major event.

Found a typo “You landed with your feet soaking up the impact very naturally, storing the energy for only a moment before springing your up to the skies again.” did you mean spring your way up or springing up to the skies again, instead?

I love the superhero stories :wink:

I’ve got: startup line 603: Invalid expression, couldn’t extract another token: #Yes
When I chose Super Agility as my second power.

Same for Heightened Senses:
startup line 706: Invalid expression, couldn’t extract another token: #Yes.

Healin Factor:
startup line 586: Invalid expression, couldn’t extract another token: #Yes

• startup line 654: Invalid expression, couldn’t extract another token: #Yes.

Web shooting wasn’t even one of spiderman’s actual powers :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I’m pretty sure he just built the device that allowed him to shoot the webs. But it could be a cool feature for the “gadgeteer” option

Playing the game with the new update and I have to say I LOVE the powers description! I especially love the relatively logical explanations for some of the pitfalls of the powers. You mentioned some of the things I’ve always thought about whenever I read a comic or watched something about superheroes :laughing:

With teleportation, will we be able to improve our ability? Like, will we be able to travel farther for less energy? Also, this might seem like a weird question, but can we teleport up? For example if we’re trying to get to the top of a building with security can we just teleport into one room then teleport ourselves up floor by floor?

The last sentence here seems a bit awkward:

maybe change the last part to “and food was made for you every time you visited”

Does the nationality and language we choose (and our ability to speak English if it’s not our 1st language) have an impact on the story or is it just for flavor?

Did the “heightened senses” ability allow me to hear more the president’s conversation with the CEO, or could I have heard that much without it?

Every time I get to this option:

All I can think of is
:joy: :joy:

Does the color of our outfit do anything? For example, will we be better hidden at night if we’re in all black, or maybe could public opinion be slightly swayed by the colors we choose?

This was a great demo, can’t wait for the next update :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Teleportation works in all directions, and you will slowly get better at using the powers as the story progresses and the MC actually uses the powers almost daily. It won’t ever be something you can use to get across the entire city in one leap, however. Even if you use up all the energy you have available.

Nationality matters. It may surprise you, but there are a lot of bigoted anti-immigration Americans out there that will want to chew a hero up for that. The language will start coming up whenever there are bigger words in play. If you get by in a day-to-day situation, you’re not going to get quite everything when someone starts spouting technical jargon at you.

Yes. It allowed you to hear more of the conversation. And no, you wouldn’t have been able to hear it otherwise. This will be a recurring theme.

The colours are just for flavour. The form of the outfit, whether classic tights or more akin to street clothes, will have more impact on the ability to blend in or sneak around. I do want to give every character the option to sneak around one time and then smash heads the next without penalizing players too much.

2 Likes

@Goshman This game looks really cool,plus it looks really different from Lords Of Aswick in writing style and everything,I don’t know how you managed that but you’re god damn talented.But regarding the powers…does the order in which I choose my powers affect their strength?For example if I after Flight I choose Super Strength then Super Endurance,is it the same as choosing Super Endurance then Super Strength?..Also can we suggest stuff like powers (maybe not powers since there already are so many),or costumes?

do the language and nationality choices actually matter?

Yes he says so like 2 post up.